Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Co2 Charge

Parthiban

porche hopefully will bring him down crashing!

failing that im taking a mitsubishi i-car for a test drive this weekend :wacko:

from what i remember merc are to release a diesel in japan. the first diesel to actually meet japans strict emmissions laws (mass sale) as diesels are pretty much unheard of there. (1800 registered in 2006)

The laws in japan ment companys focused on petrol for home land, and diesel outside as laws were not as strict. companies outside japan that want to break into the market have to meet strict laws, so in effect they have had a head start.

Yep, to be fair I think all the car manufacturers should band together and fight it as they'll all be affected.

It's weird how Japan is the only country that realises that diesel emissions are far worse than petrols..........

porche hopefully will bring him down crashing!

I hope so but i cant see it happening, the road hauliers association didn't/couldn't do it after they lobbied parliament ages ago lorries now have to pay £200 a day in London on vehicles registered before 01 and those that are running pre 01 have to have a modified filter system fitted at a cost of between 4-5k. I can understand it if its within the congestion charge zone but this goes way beyond those boundries set out for the Con zone roughly 5 miles within the whole M25.

well thats if ken remains in power. in all honesty i dont want to vote for him, but looking at his competition i dont want to vote for them either!!!!

VOTE FOR SHAKE!! FREE PETROL FOR ALL LEXUS OWNERS! LEXUS ONLY ROAD LANES!

well thats if ken remains in power. in all honesty i dont want to vote for him, but looking at his competition i dont want to vote for them either!!!!

VOTE FOR SHAKE!! FREE PETROL FOR ALL LEXUS OWNERS! LEXUS ONLY ROAD LANES!

Really? I hope others don't think that, because in my view we can do no worse than Ken........I can't think of a single reason why we're better off with him than anyone else............

is it possible to modify the engine, loose some of the horse power and bring the co2 down?

wouldnt help even if you could, as you'll need to get it tfl tested. (wouldnt be worth the hassle)

black cabs block their radiator grills to make the engine run slightly hotter resulting in better mpg. i dont know if that will affect co2 though.

Really? I hope others don't think that, because in my view we can do no worse than Ken........I can't think of a single reason why we're better off with him than anyone else............

:offtopic:

its the way boris portrays himself when i see him on tv. imho he seems childish. as for the other fella i dont even know his name, barely only know what he looks like.

i guess thats because ken is always on tv. come elections i hope ken isnt back in!

I can understand it if its within the congestion charge zone but this goes way beyond those boundries set out for the Con zone roughly 5 miles within the whole M25.

Sorry matey, I'm a bit lost, thought this was only for congestion charges for higher CO2 cars....

is there a bigger zone coming in I am unaware of ?

Its the Low Emmisions Zone which is not within the same boundries as the congestion charge sone as its much wider, the LEZ signs are posted at every route coming into London and covers the Greater London Area this is for heavy vehicles Wozza but i think its a scheme that will roll on to cars if found to be successful i.e generate a load of cash for the government, which it will do its just that people moan about paying £25 which is understandable but to hit companys for £200 a day is a bit extreme especially as the country cant exist without HGV's.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/default.aspx

Just my rant as a HGV driver :angry:

I used to be too matey, still got my licence, (got a bike licence too :winky:)

Sorry for my mis-understanding, but thought I had missed something that was

going to cost me even more to drive my Lexus other than the following

Fuel Tax

VAT on Fuel (another Tax)

Car Insurance Tax

Road Fund Licence (Tax)

Congestion Charge (Tax disguised as a Green issue)

Parking (local council run Tax)

etc etc etc :crybaby:

My IS200 is Dec 2000, so is exempt from the £25 per day charge due to there not being details for vehicles pre march 2001 (yeah go figure!)...still would pay the £8.

The rule for the new charge also says any vehicle reg before Mar 01 with an engine below 3000cc.

Its the same for Tax - Pre mar01 IS200s are a little cheaper as they come under the Above/below 1500cc rule.

Crazy!

All in all its ridiculous , ok lets :tsktsk: the planet up but we,ll charge people for doing it . I thought the idea was to stop the fumes around London , its preposterous to charge someone for living in the zone coz he has a car that emits too much co .

Again its a case of you can ruin the ozone layer but as long as you pay for it its OK .

When you look at the historic cycle of the earth it heats up and cools down naturally , this sequence takes thousands of years i.e. the last Ice Age and it will continue to do so , I,m not so sure just how much damage we do in this modern era , to be honest I think the damage was done in past years , like the indusrial age when polluting the air was not even thought of , then some bright twonk realises its bad for the environment and all of a sudden its our cars that are the fault and we have to pay , nothing to do with the years and years of industry , its the cars fault lets make the driver pay . So we are still doing the damage then ? ? Are we or are we just paying for the previous generations damage , lest we forget that London was called "The Smoke" before cars were invented . While I,m on me soap box , it really gets to me that when Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990 and seized the oil fields , oil prices rocketed , the Americans launched operation Desert Shield , to us in the British 1st Armoured Div it was Operation Granby =The Gulf War . When we risked life and limb and forced Soddim out and retook control of (what was now ablaze) the oil fields . When peace was resumed to the area and almost normal life resumed in Kuwait did they return the price of petrol to the previous price ??? NO , the Govt now knew folk would be willing to pay that hiked price , even queue around the block to buy it , so the price never fell and its risen even more . Its nothing more than robbery if today you spent 10 pounds on petrol you have roughly purchased about £2.50s worth , the rest is Tax . Robbery . No more , No less .

Sorry people , I,m going to go , I,m annoyed , I may even kick my dog , he ,s looking at me , he looks worried , SEEYA .

Regards

Paul. :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links