Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Details Of Cheap Tweaks To Improve Acceleration?

Make sure its serviced like clockwork

Use higher grade fuel

Clean injectors (STP)

Ground kit

Uprated Air filter

Should help restore it to its original factory spec.

none

cheers! that helps! :whistling:

HAHA not much u can do really - if u want to go faster then the only tried and tested route is a supercharger but they are like rocking horse poo 2nd hand or u could get a new one for about 5K!

thats about the only option to noticably increase the acceleration - some have gone the turbo route but its still a fair bit of cash.

change the final drive gearing.

just so happens i have a gear reduction kit

but then u would loose the top speed/increase the rpms but it wouldnt matter too much as u dont drive around at 130 mph :whistling:

change the final drive gearing.

just so happens i have a gear reduction kit

Cheers guys! i will be spending some pennies on her in the near future.

Thought that I may as well do a few things to her while she is in the bodyshop recovering from a collision with a haulage truck!

the gear reduction kit mat, how does that work?

imagine being on a bike and change down a gear and u can accelerate faster ....... but in this case you are changing the final ratio( gear) in the diff instead, so the effect is felt through all the gears

imagine being on a bike and change down a gear and u can accelerate faster ....... but in this case you are changing the final ratio( gear) in the diff instead, so the effect is felt through all the gears

cheers rob.

easy to adjust?

cheers rob.

easy to adjust?

no adjustment possible its a fixed gear ratio - if u want t change it then u have to strip the differential/change the pinion gear for the driveshaft

maybe put the lex on a diet n take all the luxuries out? that could actually make you money if ya sold the stuff on!!!! B)

I was going to suggest weight saving too, Empty the boot. :whistling:

What about chipping the ecu ???

u would have to get a piggy back system - and u wont notice any difference.

if companies like powerchips etc say they can offer a chip that improves HP around 10hp for the IS they are lying

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links