Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Engine... Not Sure Where To Put This Topic

TomCooper

what engines will fit in my lexus? ive heard somewhere that i can put a supra turbo engine in there... should be alittle quicker ;)

just wondering if any major engine changed have been done to an is200, and how much this would cost roughly, i guess it would be engine, complete loom, gear box, drivetrain, er...

just wondering what the easiest engine would be to put in there to run more than 300 - 400 bhp

cheers

The supra engine has been put in at least a couple of cars, Mat's and GSportcars for a start but its a LOT of work, and i mean a LOT!

I hate to say it but if you want that much power just buy a Supra, or something like that.

Stav

its not just the engine and box,you have brakes, prop,rear diff ect to worry about.twin turbo supra engines have been taken up to 1100 b.h.p,poor little IS200.better off in a car designed for it form the start me thinks.I get the feeling you would end up with a sh*t your pants scary straight line fast car and thats it,corners and stoping would be interesting to say the least.

Let me know if you are going to do it though,i would love to follow the build.

how much money am i looking at? as i dont like the sorer or the gs300

Take it to TDI and see if you get any change from 30k B)

is that based on figures u've heard mate??

seems a 'tad' expensive :lol: :shutit: :unsure:

Ring and ask Rob :D seen something in one of the mags from 2006 also saying it took 20 weeks from start to finish :o

contact thor motorsport they seem to be doing a lot of work with the 1uzfe engine ( Lexus V8) i would imagine they would be able to sort something out for you.

There's plenty of options for the 4ltr V8 engine. People have supercharged it and twin turbo'd it. You'd also get that all so sweet V8 sound. Again i'm guessing it wont be easy dropping it into an IS200.

been speaking to that guy with the 2jz gte auto from the dominion republic or whereever, he was saying its nto so difficult to do, the engine pretty my fits in on the same mounts, different wiring needed and drive shafts, gearbox etc, ecu. also its common place in america i hear

There was a program on Discovery a few weeks ago, 'Rides' I think it was called. And they followed a US tuning company who put the LS430 V8 in an IS300. Looked really well done when they finished it. Cant remember what they were called tho. They were a similar type company to Boyd Coddington. On the program they showed the bosses car. He had a hot rod chassis with a Lexus V8, had all the steering an pedals and things fixed to the chassis, so he could change the body depending on the time of year. Had a roadster body for the summer, and a coupe body for winter, T'was very impressive.

V8

He made it as a Lexus concept car I think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links