Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pulsing Rear Brake Lights Is200 (old Group Buy)

You can use these instead: Autoillumination

braker_module_2_wm.jpg

You need to fit LED bulbs and just wire the box inline with the wiring but its pretty simple. (one each side)

But give the same effect,

Stav

aye, tis what myself and stav have fitted.

work every time the brake pedal is pressed (not just under heavy braking). they look really really good (faster/higher pulse rate over the other type) and serve a purpose.

well reccomended

work every time the brake pedal is pressed (not just under heavy braking). they look really really good (faster/higher pulse rate over the other type) and serve a purpose.

Just noticed this. Are these still legal (pass MoT), with the pulsing *every* time the brake pedal is pressed ?

Won't this annoy people following you in heavy traffic where you keep using the brake ?

Also, I've looked at that site before but found the number of different bulbs bewildering. Which ones are the brightest/most suitable, is it the most expensive ones, e.g the ones at the very top of the list with the "3W" LED ?

Won't this annoy people following you in heavy traffic where you keep using the brake ?

Yep I'd have to agree, it would seriously irritate me if I was stuck in a traffic jam behind a car who's brake lights kept flashing at me..............the way society is today (especially in London) I wouldn't want to take the risk. In my view it should only work under heavy braking as in those circumstances it could help avoid accidents.

I think they are sweet , I've seen Wozza's brake lights first hand and they only flash when you brake hard , when you brake normaly they are the same as standard brake lights so IMO they could be an indicator to the driver behind them stating that the car in front has just braked hard so beware . Maybe this is just me but I'm sure Merc wouldn't use the system if it wasn't any good .

Regards

Paul.

Yep I'd have to agree, it would seriously irritate me if I was stuck in a traffic jam behind a car who's brake lights kept flashing at me..............the way society is today (especially in London) I wouldn't want to take the risk. In my view it should only work under heavy braking as in those circumstances it could help avoid accidents.

Definatly annoying to flash all the time!

If you are sat in traffic holding your foot on the brake, would they flash continuously? wont want that!

If you are sat in traffic holding your foot on the brake, would they flash continuously? wont want that!

No they don't flash all the time, just for the first 2 seconds every time you apply the brakes, but in stop start traffic they're going to be flashing a lot!

Yep I'm not talking about the ones Wozza's got, those ones are fine, they've got a tilt switch in them so only flash when you brake hard :)

to clarify:

they pulse for 2 seconds at 20 pulses per second (less in your face/annoying than say 10 pulses per second). Then illuminate as a solid light. Never seen anyone getting peeved in a traffic jam and in fact had some people who have followed me into a petrol station for example say that they are a very good idea and deffo make the following driver more aware.

As for legality, strictly speaking they are not legal as they do not provide a solid light, but the other 3 lights do (i have it wired so the fogs pulse and the other 3 don't), so i had no issue with my MOT. they are a piece of cake to disconnect just for MOT anyhow.....

i've had plod behind me several times and they didn't seem fussed.....besides, with this setup, the bulb looks completely standard (because it is) :whistling:

No they don't flash all the time, just for the first 2 seconds every time you apply the brakes, but in stop start traffic they're going to be flashing a lot!

Yep I'm not talking about the ones Wozza's got, those ones are fine, they've got a tilt switch in them so only flash when you brake hard :)

and you'll find that the tilt switch will eventually stick on one or maybe both sides!! i had this, as did mike morse, as have other people i've seen with them. Ends up where only one side pulses and the other is illuminates normal....

to clarify:

they pulse for 2 seconds at 20 pulses per second (less in your face/annoying than say 10 pulses per second). Then illuminate as a solid light. Never seen anyone getting peeved in a traffic jam and in fact had some people who have followed me into a petrol station for example say that they are a very good idea and deffo make the following driver more aware.

As for legality, strictly speaking they are not legal as they do not provide a solid light, but the other 3 lights do (i have it wired so the fogs pulse and the other 3 don't), so i had no issue with my MOT. they are a piece of cake to disconnect just for MOT anyhow.....

i've had plod behind me several times and they didn't seem fussed.....besides, with this setup, the bulb looks completely standard (because it is) :whistling:

Completely agree with rob. Only thing that makes them illegall for me and Rob is the fact we have them on the fog lights and the fog has to be solid on.

and you'll find that the tilt switch will eventually stick on one or maybe both sides!! i had this, as did mike morse, as have other people i've seen with them. Ends up where only one side pulses and the other is illuminates normal....

Another problem with these is if your slightly cornering or anything they tend to flash at different times.

Stav

the fog is a solid light when its being used as a fog :whistling: , but yea, for standard driving it isn't. mind you, JDM spec jap cars have the fog-to-brake conversion, as do the yank IS's so its not hard to inform the MOT tester of that :whistling:

either way, just unclip them for an MOT if its a concern for anyone.

as stav mentions, when cornering the tilt switch type bulbs either only work on one side, or will pulse at different times and looks a bit odd.

as stav mentions, when cornering the tilt switch type bulbs either only work on one side, or will pulse at different times and looks a bit odd.

That would annoy me but at least you dont see it lol.. any1 else got any of these they want to get rid off/got tired off? Or know where I could go to get some?

• 4 weeks later...

braker_module_2_wm.jpg

You need to fit LED bulbs and just wire the box inline with the wiring but its pretty simple. (one each side)

Stav

why the need for leds??

wont it work with the normal bulbs??

DOH!!! just read the info on the site!!!

what bulbs did you guys use and did you use one for each side??

braker_module_2_wm.jpg

Stav

why the need for leds??

wont it work with the normal bulbs??

DOH!!! just read the info on the site!!!

what bulbs did you guys use and did you use one for each side??

any of the tower ones :winky:

maybe the SMT Tower II's best.

• 7 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links