Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Open Sprint Day 02/11/08

Dave-Ellen

Just got in this second, completely knackered!

If only there was a trophie for most amount of runs, yes its true i got 24 runs in, i thought i did pretty well considering we should of only had 8 runs. :whistling: :D

I also came last time wise, my quickest lap was 74.090, although i thought i did pretty well when you look at some of the other cars that where there and what power they where putting out. and i was running pretty much standard n/a car.

Spoke to Dave for a bit and im thinking of entering Toyota sprint series in N/A class next year :shifty:

Nice to see old faces and meet new ones, and i had a good bit of competition with Paul to see who was quickest, he beat me :crybaby:

I had a really good time but would have been nice to see some more is200's there so we could of compared times of similar cars............I WAS THE ONLY IS200 ON THE TRACK!!!! :crybaby::crybaby::unsure:

Jason :P

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics ! :yahoo: :D

What was with the different rear tyres Jason ?

Does make me laugh looking at the pictures, look well funny those wheels :blush:

Found them in the garage and chucked them on the car, was going to go over to the drift area and rip them to shreads but it was wet and they would of taken ages to destroy. Going to get some slicks for them i think :shifty:

fantastic day

great to meet everyone, hope everyone enjoyed the day and come again

i think Jason sums it, came last but probably enjoyed himself the most :)

I loved it, couldn't get enough!!! i think i was smilling most of the day, as most of you saw, well worth the 4 hour + drive there :shutit:

i have done a few track days before but this was the first in the lexus, didn't think it would be any good on track but i was so shocked. Handled really well with the coilovers, struts etc.

Im now in two minds, do i keep her as is and add a few more bits or go for the full on stripped out track racer??? Never would have thought about stripping it out but the cars pretty old anyway and prob not worth much, the only thing thats stopping me is the fact it will prob effect the resale value, not that i am going to sell it any time soon. Hmmm, choices :unsure::tomato:

fantastic day

great to meet everyone, hope everyone enjoyed the day and come again

i think Jason sums it, came last but probably enjoyed himself the most :)

Looks like a fun day to say the least..... How did the rocket feel?

slippery !

was hard getting it off the line without spinning the wheels, kind of started gripping once it was in third gear !

as soon as the boost came in it started spinning again

the best results came when i turned the boost down to 0.8

but it was handling the corners well, especially considering the conditions

Hi guys,

Just finished watching the F1 and Top gear (had to get me priorities right)

Had a really really great day, other than the Nurburgring this is the first time I have legally driven a car in anger. I enjoyed it so much.

I was the first one to get there at 7.30am and it was soooo cold and windy, I really did think 'what have I let myself in for?'

Anyway once we got going it was very wet and slippery, but slowly all out times got better. At the end of the day I had improved on my first lap time by 13 seconds!!!! Was well chuffed.

The ST was great to drive and I could feel everything the car was doing. One big problem was the amount of torque the derv puts out, it was spinning in 2nd and 3rd which made it hard to accelerate around corners without spinning.

Jason and I also had a nice little competition as our cars were similar on bhp. I ended up beating him by around half a second, so very close.

Had a crap journey home and got caught in a traffic jam on the M11 for about an hour.

Was nice to see you all again.

Thanks to Dave for sorting this out and thanks to Kamelia and Janey for keeping my wife company.

Hopefully we will have better weather for the next one.

Paul

results: from LOC members

Gord 67.660 5th place overall

PaulT 73.700

Dave 68.440

Bazza 68.080

Jon C 66.630 2nd place overall

Jason 74.090

overall results:

1st 62.740

2nd 66.030 (Jon C)

3rd 67.110

4th 67.350

5th 67.660 (Gord)

WELL DONE TO ALL !!

Edited by Bazza

Started yesterday in the car at 8am then drove all day around track only breaking for lunch or tyre changes, then drove home at 4pm and got stuck in 2 hours of traffic on the m11 :tsktsk:

when I finally made it through the traffic I then put the pedal to the floor for the entire journey back and managed to get back in warp speed time, I then ate a quick dinner and had to leave for work

Which meant another hour of driving each way and I'm now finally home looking forward to my bed, I don't think I'll want to drive anywhere (unless work related) soon... sick of it :crybaby:

Glad to rep for the BMW crowd, only beaten by Russel in the 4WD Celica GT4 so doing well considering I was basically using cheapest possible drift tyres on the rear and didn't expect to be good at all in the wet.

Here are the pic's Nat took she kept mistaking other dark coloured cars (particularly Jason's Black Lexus) for my BMW so she got a few good ones of you

I love the sideways round the last bend picture, I think the Javelin pics will show some good shots of quite how sideways I kept getting round that 1..

PM me for any High Res copy's not these 800x600 resized versions

P1000728.JPG

P1000743.JPG

P1000754.JPG

P1000757.JPG

P1000759.JPG

P1000792.JPG

P1000800.JPG

P1000811.JPG

P1000815.JPG

P1000819.JPG

P1000824.JPG

P1000834.JPG

P1000837.JPG

P1000879.JPG

We need a montage now of all the work both of you do before the next time. Set with some lovely 80's rock behind, lol

Work has already begun :whistling: she has started getting naked :winky:

We need to get more IS200's entering these type of events, this was originally meant to be a lexus event and it was only me and Dave that entered with lexus cars. I understand some of the other members don't have lexus anymore and keeping these members with us even though they have left the lexus brand shows how friendly we are but i can't believe no other IS200's where competing!!!!!

Nobody seems to have mentioned your girly pink camera yet??? :whistling::lol:

We need pics of the camera ! :lol:

It was this lovely camera & it served its purpose today :whistling:

78-5590917A69UC485708M.jpg

So you have stopped saying its your girlfriends camera then, finally owned up to it being yours! LOL

Great pictures Jon, wondered why your girlfriend kept taking pictures of my car :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links