Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone else had their chrome dust caps stolen? Mine were taken by some lovely hooded fellows at the weekend in a cinema car park, cameras caught them but faces hidden (although their fingerprints were on the brake dust!).

Lexus want to charge me £2 each for replacement, anybody know an alternative supplier? Maybe next time I will tighten them with some pliers or ask Lexus to electrify them!

Got mine from eBay. With Lexus logo and the chrome sleaves for the rubber valve stems and they lock. Before I had these I had 2 sets stolen so they work.

I have had them now for over 2 years

Has anyone else had their chrome dust caps stolen? Mine were taken by some lovely hooded fellows at the weekend in a cinema car park, cameras caught them but faces hidden (although their fingerprints were on the brake dust!).

Lexus want to charge me £2 each for replacement, anybody know an alternative supplier? Maybe next time I will tighten them with some pliers or ask Lexus to electrify them!

had mine nicked,dealer gave me new one's foc.

I don't get it, there are so many threads about people losing dust caps.........what do these morons do with so many of them? :blink:

I'm happy to just stick with the black plastic ones, had them on the car 6 years and no one wants them! :lol:

I don't get it, there are so many threads about people losing dust caps.........what do these morons do with so many of them? :blink:

I'm happy to just stick with the black plastic ones, had them on the car 6 years and no one wants them! :lol:

Apparently there are lots of young BMX owners who think they look cool on their bikes! :blink:

The IS that I test drove had had its covers stolen, so as soon as I got mine I removed and stored the Lexus caps and fitted the free rotating ones that need a key to remove. I have yet to lose one.

I got mine from Halfords but cannot remember what they cost, more than £8 for the set I would think.

Sad isn't it, but what can you do? The caps are not just pretty, they are an integral part of maintenance of the pressure in your tyres.

Word of warning on this subject, speaking from experience......

Had my originals stolen with days of having the car so I purchased some from eBay that were being sold as suitable for lexus vehicles.

They fitted OK, looked the part but the :tsktsk: things welded themselves onto the valves and there was no way of getting them off without ripping the whole valve off

Therefore, went best part of 6 months without being able to check my tyre pressures until 'luckily' I needed 4 new alloys under warranty

Now have 4 rubber caps, do not look as good but a) they don't get nicked and B) they dont weld themselves on solid!

new alloys under warranty

What was wrong with the alloys that they needed replacing under warranty?

the normal bubbling from corrosion on all 4

Therefore, went best part of 6 months without being able to check my tyre pressures until 'luckily' I needed 4 new alloys under warranty

Did you have corrosion on all four wheels in such a short time? Service Manager at Bristol said they were replacing the wheels with new this time rather than refurbished (as was the case on the 200's) so would replace individually any that showed signs of corrosion. I only have it on two of the OEM's at the moment, so he's suggested leaving it until nearer the end of their warranty period (end of November this year) as it looks as if Lexus have eventually agreed to finally do something to prevent a recurrence of this problem.

Did you have corrosion on all four wheels in such a short time? Service Manager at Bristol said they were replacing the wheels with new this time rather than refurbished (as was the case on the 200's) so would replace individually any that showed signs of corrosion. I only have it on two of the OEM's at the moment, so he's suggested leaving it until nearer the end of their warranty period (end of November this year) as it looks as if Lexus have eventually agreed to finally do something to prevent a recurrence of this problem.

yeap, bubbles on all 4 - bit of a :tsktsk: if Lexus are improving the alloys as you suggest, mine was in Bristol but they never mentioned it......mind you, still have over 2 years of warranty left (or is it 60k if sooner???)

yeap, bubbles on all 4 - bit of a :tsktsk: if Lexus are improving the alloys as you suggest, mine was in Bristol but they never mentioned it......mind you, still have over 2 years of warranty left (or is it 60k if sooner???)

Thought it was 3 years on the alloys, unlimited mileage. Tim Fox mentioned Lexus had resolved to fix the problem, but they're still saying it's only in the UK that they have to pay out so much warranty on their wheels. Had all my IS200 wheels replaced as a set, and a few months out of the warranty period even those started to show corrosion. Had them refurbed by Wheelstyles in Iron Acton who give a 5 year anti corrosion warranty. :winky:

Sorry...I know :offtopic:

I have ones like these on mine. Halfords stock them or you can mail order them from loads of places.

AvaniRevolv-3-Resize.jpg

i have these richbrook spinning dust caps,need a key to get them off. to stop them welding themselves on us a small amount of copper grease.

many times i have noticed finger prints in the brake dust on my wheels,i would like to see their faces when they try to nick them and they just spin around :lol:

Thought it was 3 years on the alloys, unlimited mileage. Tim Fox mentioned Lexus had resolved to fix the problem, but they're still saying it's only in the UK that they have to pay out so much warranty on their wheels. Had all my IS200 wheels replaced as a set, and a few months out of the warranty period even those started to show corrosion. Had them refurbed by Wheelstyles in Iron Acton who give a 5 year anti corrosion warranty. :winky:

Sorry...I know :offtopic:

Before my Lexus had to have mine replaced on Toyota Avensis when two years old done FOC they are subject to three year warranty. I was told that there is a wearhouse somewhere full of rejected alloys it figures that the firm making them for Lexus and Toyota are not achieving good quality.

Merv

Got some from eBay that had the lexus logo, you tighten them up with an allan key... Wouldn't rcomend them though as the screw to tighten them up rusts and left a rust mark on the alloy...

As for the alloys had all 4 replaced due to bubbling after 6000 miles & 8 months, garage told me it was down to the type of salt we use on the roads in Scotland, "well if that's the case can you order me another set of alloys for next winter, as no doubt we will be using the same salt again" :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links