Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having owned my first Lexus for the past two years my experience with Lexus Leicester is as follows:

Car was sent for a minor paint work repair due to vandalism, on near side wing and bonnet. The car was returned with sanding marks in the paint finish and the paint was contaminated with white flecks (Colour of car is Canterbury Blue). Also the paint match was incorrect. When I returned the car to Lexus Leicester they firstly couldn't see any problem, but after I insisted on seeing the service manager, they stopped the bonnet and near side wing with one of the demo cars. (So I hope you didn't buy a ex demo from them!!!!)

I took the car in for stone chip ( cracked windscreen), they firstly said should only be a few hours, then phoned to say it would be later (When it was dark), collected the car, next day I noticed that there was a large crease in the roof and dash was all scratched. I returned the car to them and firstly they said they couldn't see either of the two faults, then when I insisted on speaking to the service manager, surprise surprise they agreed, over the next three weeks the car was in several times as they tried to rectify damage, in the end they fixed the roof but gave use a free service for scratches on the dash.

After the screen was replaced, the dash started to rattle, same problem as everyone else has mentioned, it took several visits to correct and the final solution was to ram spongy form between window screen and dash. (Not that technical for a Luxury car manufacturer)

Next the two front leather seats started to wear,very badly with the top layer starting to come off, (colour starting to disappear). I took the car down to Leicester again firstly they couldn't see a problem, again. So I compared it to one of the other cars in the car lot and they then agreed there was a problem, but they explained Lexus would only replace one seat, so I explained I would fight this and after a few months they agreed to exchange both, but replaced the passenger one with a different style seat, with a different back on it. Can you believe they are so unprofessional!!!

On top of all this every service the car is returned with the interior uncleaned (I do ask them not to clean the exterior as they have an automated washer that scratches the finish) and unless we list every item that requires attention they aren't done. I dread taking the car in for a service as it always returns with another dealer created issue, for example this time I contacted Lexus Leicester, four times by phone, once by e-mail and didn't get a returned call. Finally after two weeks I phoned and voiced my concerns with the clutch judder we were experiencing, the mechanic test drove the car and reported no fault found, I insisted with the service manager that we had a clutch problem, the car was taken in a second time, surprise surprise the clutch judder now confirmed as problem. So the car was booked in also with a list a other warranty problems, the car was taken in last Wednesday and we where told it would be ready the next day. We had a phone call from service asking if they could have the car for another day, as they wanted to make sure everything was just so!!!!!. Late on Thursday got another call to say could they have it another day, so I started to worry as I suspected what have they damaged now!!!!. Collected the car Late on Friday and surprise surprise no internal clean and yes they have damaged it again, this time near side till, I have been promised a call back on Tuesday by service manager, not holding my breath, I wonder what they will damage next????? So to sum it up, the car has been 100% reliable after 38,000 miles but the weakness for Lexus is the dealer service, which in my opinion is the worst I have ever encountered of any car brand to date. I hope I get a JD Power survey to complete, it would make interesting reading. So I have decided to write to What Car and Auto Express with my experience. I will never buy another car from Lexus Leicester. A good product let down by appalling dealer service!!!!!!!!

Wow that is horrific service, it really does shock me how bad some of the dealerships are - having said that I had a very similar experience a few years ago with a certain London dealer and haven't been back since!

Is there no other dealership nearby you could swap to as if it were me, I wouldn't take it back there ever again!

Is there no other dealership nearby you could swap to as if it were me, I wouldn't take it back there ever again!
Lexus Derby is highly recommended.

I've had three cars that I have bought and had the majority of services done at Lexus Leicester and on the whole I have found them to be very good but not great (they have been let down by failing to return calls on a few occassions). Cars are always cleaned inside and out and no damage has ever been done to the cars.

Having said that I think if I buy another Lexus I would try another dealer. I think the more cars you buy from a dealer the less they work to keep your business, almost to the level of complacency. Will also probably try Derby for a future service as I hear good things about them.

I have dealt with Lexus Coventry for last 6 years problem free and have just purchased my 2nd car from them. I have found them very good and extremely helpfull in all respects. Only problem is that they don't give any LOC discount-part of Listers group.

I'd forward your comments on Lexus GB. That type of service is completely unacceptable given there mistakes to date!
if i thought it would help i would do it.i'm not convinced that lexus gb would have any interest at this level.their interest will be when the motoring press publish my experiences which is not that likely.so i will find another dealer and hope that things improve.

I'd forward your comments on Lexus GB. That type of service is completely unacceptable given there mistakes to date!

I've had problems with Lexus Leicester on purchase, which I have publicised on here. I was LED to believe the issue was down to the service centre but I'm not so sure. I think Lexus Leicester have a total attitude problem endemic throughout the dealership, and indeed the whole franchise group. Lexus GB were made fully aware of my problems but nothing has been done. This is probably the biggest reason why I won't renew my current car with another Lexus. Once this one has earned it's keep it'll be traded in and back to Volvo I go. Lexus GB should wake up and realise that forums like this will openly air their issues.

With Volvo I got a free courtesy car of whatever class I wanted, full valet in and out, a phone call during servicing with any upcoming issues to see if I wanted them fixing then and there, replaced parts shown, service kit and treated like the most important person in the showroom. At Lexus I get sour faced individuals who look at you as if you are asking the world of them, the car coming back filthy and damaged, (large paint chip on OSF wing and the centre of the bonnet has a distinct paint blemish as if it's been spray can painted by someone), with no guarantee that work has been done or been done correctly. They want your money but forget it after that. Sytner group are all the same in my experience.

i have been in to the dealers and they have agreed to replace the sill,no coffee offered though.

Thing is though, you shouldn't have to go through this. As I said in my thread ranting about them, once is a mistake, but twice is unforgivable. I'm sticking with getting my routine servicing done by a non-franchised garage with genuine parts in order to conform with the warranty. The car goes back to Lexus Leicester, (Sytners), only for warranty issues.

OMG! that is shocking and thanks for putting the info up.

there is power in numbers, and if people stopped going to these dealers then the message would soon get through. and also informing other dealers about the bad ones will make a difference.

you should also see through a complaint to lexus GB, it will sink in and i'm sure they'll do an independent check on the dealer.

Lexus oxford have been vgood upto now, but we'll be keeping an eye on it.

The dealership is a franchise, as long as they sell cars LGB are not really interested. They always tell the customer to go back to the dealer and he has already got your money. I't only in extreme cases they will get involved.

I never got a promised response for my total brake failure on my first IS250, yes it moght have been the master cylinder ( but no fluid leaks anywhere ) but why / how could both circuits fail at the same time. The unit was supposed to be sent back to Japan for inspection, but if it was they never had the courtesy to inform me why it failed and this on a serious safety issue.

By the way I bought my latest Lexus from Leicester amd the sales side was fine, I haven't had the need to try the service / warranty and as I'm a distance away will be using my local dealer.

The dealership is a franchise, as long as they sell cars LGB are not really interested. They always tell the customer to go back to the dealer and he has already got your money. I't only in extreme cases they will get involved.

I never got a promised response for my total brake failure on my first IS250, yes it moght have been the master cylinder ( but no fluid leaks anywhere ) but why / how could both circuits fail at the same time. The unit was supposed to be sent back to Japan for inspection, but if it was they never had the courtesy to inform me why it failed and this on a serious safety issue.

By the way I bought my latest Lexus from Leicester amd the sales side was fine, I haven't had the need to try the service / warranty and as I'm a distance away will be using my local dealer.

The sales side are just as bad. It was their job to make sure my car was fit for handover on purchase. They clearly didn't do this. They made promises to do things to compensate for the inconvenience and never followed them up. They failed to further check the car when it was handed back again. They lied and ripped me off with the car kit. They tried to rip me off to the value of a 100% mark up on a tow bar. The only guy to be trusted at Lexus Leicester is John Brown the finance director.

The sales side are just as bad. It was their job to make sure my car was fit for handover on purchase. They clearly didn't do this. They made promises to do things to compensate for the inconvenience and never followed them up. They failed to further check the car when it was handed back again. They lied and ripped me off with the car kit. They tried to rip me off to the value of a 100% mark up on a tow bar. The only guy to be trusted at Lexus Leicester is John Brown the finance director.

Lexus GB will certainly not be interested, I only ever received templated standard replies from them. Leicester are part of the Sytner group which I have to say are a million times better than the BMW dealership up the road from them!

Lexus GB will certainly not be interested, I only ever received templated standard replies from them. Leicester are part of the Sytner group which I have to say are a million times better than the BMW dealership up the road from them!

Sytner BMW are the very reason I'm not driving around in a 5 series right now. Wish Lexus Leicester had been up front about who they were owned by as that might have steered me away too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links