Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disaster Pt2

It has been a while since I have been on the forum, one of the main reasons being I haven't had a Lexus for the past 4 months. As many of you know I had the stage 1 pulley put on my TTE supercharger which LED to catastrophic failure. It has been a long hard journey but I finaly have my lexus back up and running. I had the engine rebuilt by Thor racing with a brand new bottom end. Conrods were sourced from a supra GA70 twin turbo, pistons are the JE ones available through TDI. Mapping was done by Weston performance who have done a fantastic job. I have lost quite a bit of power approx 50 BHP but the engine can now handle oodles of boost so the next step will be a more powerfull supercharger, more than likely a rotrex but I might opt for a vortech. Anyway thought you guys may be interested in some of the pictures below!

post-18144-1212261923.jpg

post-18144-1212261943.jpg

post-18144-1212261957.jpg

post-18144-1212261973.jpg

post-18144-1212261989.jpg

post-18144-1212262007.jpg

post-18144-1212262025.jpg

post-18144-1212262036.jpg

post-18144-1212262048.jpg

post-18144-1212262064.jpg

post-18144-1212262082.jpg

post-18144-1212262097.jpg

post-18144-1212262112.jpg

post-18144-1212262133.jpg

post-18144-1212262149.jpg

All in all there were 4 holes in the block! Weston Performance sorted out the rough idle I was left with after the stage 1 upgrade, and I now have an extremely smooth power curve, will post up the dyno graphs from TDI and from Weston so you can see the difference.

Good to hear the car is running again.

Looking at those pics.... ouch :crybaby:

Boosting mine to .75 with bigger IC and pulley would have ended in a similar disaster...

I did change back to stock pulley shortly after having fitted the bigger one... risk of having such a catastrophe is too high for me...

Could you make a compression-diagram to see how high compression with those conrods is?

love the victoria secret line.....

didn't realise they teach about f-nlock elements these days :o love to have seen a question asking to draw all the atomic f orbitals:

http://winter.group.shef.ac.uk/orbitron/AOs/7f/index.html

glad its all sorted mate. those pics tell a sad, but ultimately resolved, story.

what power is she putting out now matey??

Oh dear, that was a catastrophic failure and then some!!....... Still she lives another day that's the main thing.

Oh and Tony thanks for sorting out the car the other day, she is far more responsive now and no pulling what so ever. Might come back and get some arb's put in soon!

love the victoria secret line.....

didn't realise they teach about f-nlock elements these days :o love to have seen a question asking to draw all the atomic f orbitals:

http://winter.group.shef.ac.uk/orbitron/AOs/7f/index.html

glad its all sorted mate. those pics tell a sad, but ultimately resolved, story.

what power is she putting out now matey??

Running at about 198 BHP! :crybaby:

Good to hear the car is running again.

Looking at those pics.... ouch :crybaby:

Boosting mine to .75 with bigger IC and pulley would have ended in a similar disaster...

I did change back to stock pulley shortly after having fitted the bigger one... risk of having such a catastrophe is too high for me...

Could you make a compression-diagram to see how high compression with those conrods is?

The compression ratio is now 9:1 previously 10:1, currently at 0.5 bar of boost

I'm not running the standard setup at all, 550cc injectors, stage 1 pulley, camcon and f-con v pro decat manifold bigger intercooler and im getting the same power you would expect from the standard tte setup! :crybaby: If anyone wants to buy a tte supercharger with cradle, intercooler and pulley please pm me as I am looking to get rid, I have only done about 3k miles on it. Pipework not included

Cho.........something doesnt add up right.

Firstly I had the JE pistons from Tdi and at 9.5.1 was told would work OK with TTE s/c which from what I've been told by other people is OK.

What comp ratio were yours ?

secondly are weston HKS power writers ?

thirdly what dyno do they use ?

fourthly What % loss did they factor in (should be 18% ish if they did less would explain diff)

fifthly what diameter is your bigger pulley ?

sixthly waht boost are you making ?

For what its worth I'd not get it looked at by abbey motorsport as you should be getting atb least 240bhp at the fly from this set up

If you want more then go turbo or by something else...............

What comp ratio were yours ? 9:1 previously 10:1

secondly are weston HKS power writers ? From their website yes.

thirdly what dyno do they use ? Also from the website, Dyno Dynamics

fourthly What % loss did they factor in (should be 18% ish if they did less would explain diff)

sixthly waht boost are you making ? 0.5 he says earlier on

just what i can help with.

Cho.........something doesnt add up right.

Firstly I had the JE pistons from Tdi and at 9.5.1 was told would work OK with TTE s/c which from what I've been told by other people is OK.

What comp ratio were yours ?

secondly are weston HKS power writers ?

thirdly what dyno do they use ?

sixthly waht boost are you making ?

For what its worth I'd not get it looked at by abbey motorsport as you should be getting atb least 240bhp at the fly from this set up

If you want more then go turbo or by something else...............

Im not sure what comp ratio the pistons were, weston are HKS power writers and they used a dyno dynamics rolling road the boost is runing at 0.5 bar not sure about the other things will have to check. I thought the loss of power was downto the lower compression pistons, the guys at thor said the compression ration was 9.1.1 but need to check, does that sound totally wrong?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links