Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Off Duty Police Man

Was in the gym before my mate got a call from a Police Man who was now on Duty asking if he was on a certain road at a certain time and asking if he was on his mobile phone.

My mate was on the road and on the phone at the time and told the policeman this.

The police man now on duty said he was on the road at the same time OFF DUTY seen him on his mobile phone and was rining him up to warn him about being on his mobile!

Question is can the police man do this and how would he get his mobile number from his reg plate?

What was the number he was calling from? I had a missed call the other day from 0121 2657000. When I tried to ring it back the line was dead so I googled the number and it says it's a crank caller that pretends to be a police officer.

I don't get the crank call nature of this..........you don't actually get done for it so all they're doing is warning people not to use their phones while driving - actually sounds quite decent for a change :unsure:

A slightly different, but similar story i have to tell here and was wondering what your guys opinions of this are. We have a local police station which has 2 officers based there, known around the village as good cop bad cop, one being a very nice chap, the other a complete arse (ill let you guess who is who)

My mum is a part time courier and delivers around our local area. A month or so ago, she didnt have her car so had to borrow my dads to deliver a few parcels in. Bad cop pulled her over and was quite rude to her, saying that she didnt have business insurance on the car etc. Fair enough, my mum held her hands up....nothing more came of it.

Anyway a couple of weeks later, she was heading down to my nans house (again in my dads car), she had missed a parcel so was dropping it off on the way down. Guess what, bad cop saw her....he pulled her over again, and was even more rude, telling her that it was her final warning, and that she had to provde proof of business insurance or risk being prosecuted.

The way he spoke to my mum reduced her to tears when she got home. Myself and my dad obviously fuming...anyway we let it go and did what we need to do...

Now (to the good part), just last week i was driving to my nans and who do i see? bad cop in his police car dropping his kid off at school. I whipped out my camera phone and took a snap. NOw im hazarding a guess that he will not be allowed to use his squad car for personal use!

im saving the pic for future reference, if need be!

dont you think bad cop is actually a good cop for giving her two warnings..i mean how many warnings are required?

I could understand if he was rude and reported her but wouldnt any of us take a warning from a 'rude' cop over being hauled in front of the magistrates without a warning.

just a thought

Was in the gym before my mate got a call from a Police Man who was now on Duty asking if he was on a certain road at a certain time and asking if he was on his mobile phone.

My mate was on the road and on the phone at the time and told the policeman this.

The police man now on duty said he was on the road at the same time OFF DUTY seen him on his mobile phone and was rining him up to warn him about being on his mobile!

Question is can the police man do this and how would he get his mobile number from his reg plate?

If its on a monthly contract, he may have traced the reg, tied it to an address and performed a lookup with the cell companies. Reverse lookup is allowed for the Police. Not something that would usually be done as there are too many factors for it to be wrong. This would have little or no impact on anyone.

If it was a pay as you go with no address given when buying the phone/sim then other than your mate registering his number, there is no way to tie it to him and its a wind up.

Was this Merseyside Police or another area? He named from where he was calling as well as giving his own name?

Definately sounds like a prank call by some mates (one of them could've seen him on his phone?). Easy solution is phone the station and ask to speak to PC Whoever. The answer is probably that there is no one there of that name.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links