Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Plates

To be fair it does work (as seen on tv.. traffic cops) but only detectable if followed by police with on board cameras, mainly traffic police and they dont take to kindly to people using these. They are used for drive offs on forecourts and other unscrupulous behaviour.

I watched a program on discovery a while back (mythbusters) they tested everything to try and fool a speed camera including all the different sprays available but nothing worked. i just got a ticket through the other day, searched the web for days trying to find ways of getting out of it but there is no way, ****ERS! :angry:

With the number of plate recognition cameras around now you're more likely to be pulled if there's something odd about your plate. That includes the cameras in the patrol cars which automatically read the plate and check insurance & tax. The system also alerts the crew if the plate cannot be read.

I watched a program on discovery a while back (mythbusters) they tested everything to try and fool a speed camera including all the different sprays available but nothing worked. i just got a ticket through the other day, searched the web for days trying to find ways of getting out of it but there is no way, ****ERS! :angry:

if you was not the driver you would be ok heard that if friend was visiting from outside eu and borowed car they must fine him and you must supply hes address of course if you said this and it was alie then it would be wrong

I'd suggest "attempting to pervert the course of justice" is a nasty charge to be brought up on.

I could see how this could actually be a possibility, however slight.

if it was to be used illegally i would agree but what would happen if some one had used it priour to me buying vehicle or had it been on car without my knowledge

I'd suggest "attempting to pervert the course of justice" is a nasty charge to be brought up on.

I could see how this could actually be a possibility, however slight.

if it was to be used illegally i would agree but what would happen if some one had used it priour to me buying vehicle or had it been on car without my knowledge

The fact you know they had done it means you should replace the plates. At the end of the day, it sticks out like a turd on a bowling green when they have been tampered with, there is no way you would get away with pretending you didn't know.

Any of those sprays are obvious when they're applied on the car and will almost certainly attract the attention of the local constabulary. They've been tested many times and are never proved effective.

Well that one worked on road wars last night, and whats the point of banning the sprays, if thay say dont work anyway :question:

and doesnt work !

I was looking at road wars last night, police car was following Golf gti, and all you could see on camera was the yellow plate not letters or numbers, thay did pull him :o

The sprays DON'T obscure the letters/numbers from cameras. They supposedly prevent a Gatso type speed camera from taking a photo of your plate because the spray is supposed to leave a reflective film on the plate so that the camera flash makes the plate unreadable. It doesnt prevent ANPR or video cameras in cars from reading them.

On road wars the plates are often obscured deliberately before screening the programme as they would need permission from the vehicle owner to show it.

and doesnt work !

I was looking at road wars last night, police car was following Golf gti, and all you could see on camera was the yellow plate not letters or numbers, thay did pull him :o

I think thats the one i saw, was he pulled over in a petrol Stn Gord?

and doesnt work !

The sprays DON'T obscure the letters/numbers from cameras. They supposedly prevent a Gatso type speed camera from taking a photo of your plate because the spray is supposed to leave a reflective film on the plate so that the camera flash makes the plate unreadable. It doesnt prevent ANPR or video cameras in cars from reading them.

On road wars the plates are often obscured deliberately before screening the programme as they would need permission from the vehicle owner to show it.

No he got pulled for the plate, not deliberately done by programme makers :o

@ scorps yes mate it was :D Black Golf Gti

So the plate was just a yellow blank? The sprays work on the principal of reflecting the flash to prevent the Gatso getting your registration, not eliminating the ability for it to be seen by the naked eye and "normal" cameras. That must have been something totally different,God knows what though, you might as well just take your plates off and take a chance that they believe you if you say you didn't know.

I had a temp job at one point reading the films that came out the speed camera's, no sprays work at all. They have loads of different tools to adjust the photo etc to see through plus you get another ticket as its illegal.

Not worth it. The hardest thing to read is really obscure fonts, which again is a illegal and they put an ANP on the car so you will get pulled over soon as a police car clocks your vehicle.

Tried www.pepipoo.com?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links