Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is The World Goin 2 End

Lexus2D

Of course the world isn't going to end. People just love that sort of story so The Sun feeds their tiny brains with that sort of bilge - right after their 18yo bint with her tits out and full details of the latest drunken antics of Lily Allen and the latest bikini styles as seen on Sienna Miller.

The comments sum it up really, look at these pearls of wisdom:

"yo bro i have degrees in streetsmart, if it goes belly up just pull out the plug. problem solved. dooh".

"Why do scientists have to interfere? Do we really need to know what happened with the big bang? I don't think they should be allowed to do this hadron collider experiment, because if they are sucesefull this time, where will it stop? Also how do they have the rights to risk everyones lives? These people need to learn to let some mysteries be and that 4bn could have been used to improve lives, not destroy them!"

Are these complete imbeciles really the product of the education system of a 4th richest nation in the world? I despair of this country sometimes, I really do... People have no imagination or sense of wonder any more, no thirst for knowledge of the unknown, no desire to learn and to take things forward. As though somehow spending every single penny on the health service will make everything better and everyone will live happily every after? People's perception of risk is *utterly* divorced from reality these days. How did we ever get down from the trees with an attitude that if there is even a millions-to-one chance of anything bad happening that 'it ought to be stopped'?

Rant over...

im gonna say no on this one... but if it does.. and the worst happens...

At least france will go first.. lol.. so at least we can say we lived longer than the french! ahahhahahahaha

But in reality... yes it could go wrong as they are playing with the complete unknown..

But they are also doing no more than is happening every single day in space..

And who knows... as sci fi has tought us.. there could be a wonderful world on the other side of the black hole filled with roads with no speed cameras.. sexy women and free petrol.. so what the hay.. im up for the challenge.. beats playing the lottery

if that isnt the most James bond villan looking machine i have ever ever scene... just waiting for pictures of 007 running in with a load of SAS to take the french/swiss villan down just before they press the "on" button

if that isnt the most James bond villan looking machine i have ever ever scene... just waiting for pictures of 007 running in with a load of SAS to take the french/swiss villan down just before they press the "on" button

pmsl :lol:

As long as people buy tabloids then they will continue to create, twist, warp and simply make up that kind of simple minded X-Files claptrap.

They have certainly excelled themselves on the MENSA approved geniuses on the comments page. I mean, the gentleman with degrees in 'streetsmart'. I'd feel safe at night knowing fate lay in his hands.

By the way, can someone tell me what a 'leccy bill' is????

rubbish, dont believe a word !!

just like when the year 2000 started " oh my god the worlds going to end " ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

yeh right.

it will be good to know what they find , if any anything, i just thing its a waste of 4.4billion.

Ah yes, the Higgs Boson, the missing link in physics theorum.....

I've been following progress by CERN for a while and although past particle accelerator experiments have indicated possible 'sighting' of the particle in question, repeatibility is lacking.

Its a very much needed and worthwhile experiment IMHO. There's a hell of a lot that can, and i believe will, be discovered through this. The LHC was built with the ultimate aim for this very experiment and its certainly been a long time coming.

For those unfamilliar with the Higgs Boson (and i'm no Stephen Hawking here) its best summarised as the way matter can develop from nothing. I think i the best 'simplified' definition i read was something along the lines of:

When there is a hall full of people and an unpopular person walks in (a politician say :whistling: ) that person is free to walk through the room without being hindered or spoken to by others. When a popular person walks through, as they try to move through the crowd, people will stop and talk to them etc etc and their progress will be restricted and slowed down. Through such, that person is essentially acquiring mass.

Excuse for the lack of absoloute accuracy, but the general gist is there. Its very very complicated to explain but hopefully there's an insight for any interested in it....

here's some winning one page explanations: http://www.phy.uct.ac.za/courses/phy400w/particle/higgs.htm

oh, and NO, the world won't end.

rob

But in reality... yes it could go wrong as they are playing with the complete unknown..

But they are also doing no more than is happening every single day in space..

yea but what goes on in space goes on in space, like things dissapearing into black holes, that would not be good especially when i get paid on thursday and wont have time to go get full lol

sort of, but its what a lot of people do every day in research.....myself included. the risks have been weighed up for sure and obviously there is no 'significant' threat based on CERN viewpoints.

just another victim of the sun needing a catchy headline i'm afraid!!

just another victim of the sun needing a catchy headline i'm afraid!!

:whistling: Everyone seems so cynical. I thought we all believed everything that is printed in The Sun. :lol::lol:

in a word yes,..........

so everyone with a supercharger should take them off and give them to me :whistling:

not enough time to take it off and for you to fit it Aaron before the world ends mate.....

i got a better idea....just give me your car lol :P

i definately think if there was the possibility that it would go wrong then they wouldnt do it.. but please dont quote me on that if it does i will already be having a bad day..

I am really looking forward to seeing where this research takes us... could be anywhere.. personaly i feel privilaged to be living in this age where we can comprehend such thing...

tell someone you were doing this 100 years ago.. they would have laughed - 200 years ago they would have beaten you - 500 years ago.. called you a demon and killed you..

Imagine if this is the start of a new age of energy.. with the building blocks of life we can do anything...

But ultimately.. the bloody french have it so you soon know that if it works there will be a strike.. they will dump dead cows and pigs in it untill they get more cheese and wine for lunch..

Also for all those so glady worried about a black hole...

Just remember...

that currently your standing on a thin crust surrounding and absolute **** load of molten rock and larva...on a giant spinning marble with an atmosphere that keeps us from being frozen and being killed by the vacum of space... oh and we could be hit by a asteroid if not blown up by the ruskis......

so a black hole seems quite nice really

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links