Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car

Yeldarb

Hi new here,

I went to buy a Celica last week as a replacement for my Saab Aero HOT (that was getting a bit unreliable), drove it, hated it and the dealer suggested the IS200, well I have never looked at the brand before so nothing to loose by looking.

£4800 later here she is 2005 IS200 SE:

P1000585.jpg

P1000584.jpg

Apart from being soooooo slow (anything compared to an Aero HOT (250HP) is slow!!!

No mods yet, but HIDS at the weekend, I can't believe they don't have them to start with.

The fuel saving is such a bonus, Saab only got 15-18MPG and 10mpg if you really opened the turbo..................

Thanks for the replys,

Hmmmmmmm supercharger..................bet that would cost more than I paid for the car!!

The thing I have noticed is this forum does not have loads of posts about "what goes wrong" good to see that, means it should be reliable. Although the miles are a little high (95000) it does have full Lexus SH.

One thing that is bugging me is there is a hands free kit with phone cradle and I can't work out how the radio comes out so I can remove the cradle which spoils the interior? Any help would be great!!

You can get a TTE supercharger kit like i have (though i have a few extra bits) for about £2k, they're direct bolt on, you can fit it yourself. We recently fitted one at a car show in a field.

And the milage isnt a problem, mines just coming up to 95k now.

As for removing the stereo theres a few links if you use the search button at the top. but the top vents and tray pull off, put your hand under the heated seat buttons and they slide out.

Then theres 4 bolts visible, two above and two below, undo them and the whole aircon controls and radio come out together.

Stav

Thanks for the replys,

Hmmmmmmm supercharger..................bet that would cost more than I paid for the car!!

The thing I have noticed is this forum does not have loads of posts about "what goes wrong" good to see that, means it should be reliable. Although the miles are a little high (95000) it does have full Lexus SH.

One thing that is bugging me is there is a hands free kit with phone cradle and I can't work out how the radio comes out so I can remove the cradle which spoils the interior? Any help would be great!!

Have a look HERE!!! matey Hando has done a good walkthrough telling you how to remove the stereo :)

Only 5k How many miles as it done.

I feel like crying I paid 15K for mine 05 plate 18months ago okay mine only had 29K on the clock but even so It didnt have the sports kit

See post #5 (95k)

Welcome mate, looks a nice buy there :winky:

Bargain price, I am suprised no HID's, I thought the last ones came with them (so I'm mistaken) :o

The later cars had satnav, not HIDs (only the LEs had HIDs) :)

OOPs bit misleading yea £4800 + 1 knackered saab aero (blown auto g-box, no 1st gear so constant snow mode needed to stop the car using 1st, thank the lord dealers don't test drive cars going to the auctions), but I only got peanuts for it (1000). Slapped wrist time...... so 6K all in still looks like a bargain even though 90K on the clock. I had the saab for so many years the value was largely irrelevant.

I thought the alloys were standard as i say I went in for a celica and went out with an IS200, having never looked at a Lexus before!!, it has Sport on the front grill, I now assume that is an aftermarket grill from the sport model.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links