Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Painted Calipers

danny_boy

Hiya

There're loads of people on here who have done this - use the search facility.

You can use Hammerite or a brake painting kit - I used the Folatek kit with excellent results, many have used Hammerite with good results too.

There's no need to remove the calipers - just clean off the loose crap with a wire brish and paint them.

Good luck!!

Just done my calipers today and they look bril :D

Waiting for the Lexus stickers to finish them off :P Ordered them through the club with my Gold discount.

Really easy to do, as Rodders said, clean the calipers with a wire brush, wipe down and paint. I used Hammerite Smooth in Silver. Didn't take the caliper off, just painted around the bits I could reach and see.

I also spray painted the rear disc drum thingys with Black heat resistant paint. Hides all the rusty bits now.

I've painted mine using Hammerite smooth dark green, perfect match for the colour of the motor and finished of with the Lexus Stickers in silver, done both front and rear plus the centre of the discs. But you need to make sure that you remove all access paint from the brake area on the disc itself or you end up with a few problems with heat build up

Hammerite paint available from most DIY shops for about £5. Similarly, so is spray-on lacquer to seal the paint job when done.

I used a 38mm household paint brush for the main/big calliper parts, and a small artist's type brush for accessing the more fiddly bits.

Other than that, complete job is less than a tenner.

• 3 weeks later...
has anybody painted the brake calipers on their altezza / is200 ? if so is it easy to do?

i want to paint them red since i wont be upgrading the brakes

I am not getting any Halford /Ripspeed make crap...

Danny Boy, :D

Let me contribute my 2 pence worth as a new comer to the 'Lexus Owners Club' seeming as I don't own a Lexus but very interested in getting one...

I painted my brake callipers last summer with a complete kit available from... wait for it... Halfords... However it was not the Halfords own brand... in this kit you get everything you need... :) The brand is Folia tec... a German company I think... the choice is yours... I can only recommend what I have tried and tested.

All you need to provide is a brush 1/2 inch will do for good results and getting into the small areas and depending if there are any rough spots... a small wire brush.

It should take about 1.5 hrs to do things thouroughly... all 4 that is...

I painted mine red on a silver WRX... the result was WOW... I was impressed... :o This is how I done it...

1) Jacked up the car each in turn

2) Removed the wheel carefully

3) Cleaned very well the areas I wainted to paint i.e. calipers

4) Blew away any excess dust etc

5) Sprayed special spray provided

6) Painted very carefully areas required

7) Carefully placed wheels back not getting the paint on to the wheels

8) And done the other lot

Bare in mind that you can't move your car for a recommended I think 24 hrs and do it needless to say in daylight hours in nice dry weather...

This stuff turns rock hard after... and it looks great...

I would provide pics but I haven't got a digi cam.

I hope this helps... :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links