Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Royal Mail :-(

aztecbandit1

Been waiting for a new screen for my phone for a week now, And again today i recieved an empty package from the postman due to it being opened at the sorting office :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Had this happen quite a few times in the past few months and now i'm getting very :tsktsk: off with it as its always stuff i've paid for, Weve had bank cards go missing, car parts dissapear and even our little girls birthday presents go awol and all in the last year thanks to the royal mail and all have been sent recorded delivery :tsktsk:

Getting so fed up with paying for a service and not getting the things i've brought and paid for, and at the moment we have 4 claims in for lost property through the mail, They have caught 1 person allready in possesion of my partners bank cards and have sacked them, But its still happening and its getting beyond a joke now :tsktsk:

Does anybody know if there is anything else i can do to try and stop this or how to speed up the claims or who to complain to, as they seem to be taking ages and to get any response from the royal snail, is just a joke :angry:

Sorry for the early morning RANT but got to the stage now where i'm very :tsktsk: off with it :angry:

Yep surely the guy who was found in possession of stolen bank cards should have been prosecuted?

I've had one credit card stolen in the past from the sorting office which wasn't great, but having four items taken is really bad - the office that handles your area's mail is clearly very dodgy!

Yeh it is an offence to open or remove anything from the Royal mail, weve had in the past year over 12 instances where we have had things delivered open or the items missing, some have only been worth a £1 or so, but some have been worth over £50+ and all sent recorded, so is very annoying as i seem to get nothing back and at this rate i may aswell drive to Scotland or down south to pick the items up as it would work out cheaper in the long run and i'll at least get the things i've paid for and all i get from royal mail is were looking into it :angry:

Had this happen quite a few times in the past few months and now i'm getting very :tsktsk: off with it as its always stuff i've paid for, Weve had bank cards go missing, car parts dissapear and even our little girls birthday presents go awol and all in the last year thanks to the royal mail and all have been sent recorded delivery :tsktsk:

How about getting in touch with a reporter at your local paper? Local papers love stories like that. Also if they published something it might cause other locals to report the same experience, which might make it more likely that something gets done about it.

isnt it a criminal offence to steal mail etc ?

thought i read somewhere it was

Certainly is, even opening someones mail at your own address is against the law! Does peave you off, happened to me enough times in the past!

Chris.....have also noticed my mail being tampered with just recently - Slits in the sides as if someone has checked whether a bank card in ......plus mail definitly not always getting to me - had a few c/c statements I've never received.

So far, nothing of value taken - wonder if you are same sorting office as me?

Chris.....have also noticed my mail being tampered with just recently - Slits in the sides as if someone has checked whether a bank card in ......plus mail definitly not always getting to me - had a few c/c statements I've never received.

So far, nothing of value taken - wonder if you are same sorting office as me?

Not sure mate, the new phone screen i've had whipped was about the size of a credit card so might explain why it was opened, but to recieve an empty envelope and have to sign for it was taking the P, The guy that delivers our post says he has some opened mail most days on his round for different streets in our area? will have to find out which sorting office our mail comes from as like i said further up, its now getting past a joke and i want heads :whistling:

dont have my head i needs it , would you like a 40 footer bearing down on you with a driver with no head??????????????

atzec the sorting office and postie are the same one

im sorry to hear your having problems with "us"

as i see it . its like this., please some posties correct me onm this as im just a "ahem" branch off the RM

mail comes in (by ME)

gets sorted to area (automated

gets sorted to post code (automated)

then it gets broke down to street and area (automated)

Then gets onto a small fitting of addresses where the posty sorts it, bundles it and then does the "walk"

the problem has to start at the guy on the fitting doing the sorting then go from there

like i said , sorry to hear your having problems

Steve

Royal Mail truck driver :)

i have had a few things tampered with, and the odd game "go missing" when its not recorded delivery...

when i lived i wolverhampton i had a lot of mail go missing including records that i shoud get daily form mailing lists so never really knew what i was supposed to be getting. what was the final straw was when i recived a court summons for non payment of a parking speeding fine that i never recieved!

boy did i kick off down at the sorting office! luckily the manager there was aware of some "issues" and wrote a letter getting me off the fine as he agreed i had probably never recieved it!!

funnily enough it was fine after that...

most annoying now is getting a "sorry we missed you" red missed delievry slip when i was in and the postie could obviously not be bothered to carry it!

needles to say after a trip to the PO in nottingham and a "stern talking to" :innocent: i now get em come on the truck first thing in the mornin..

dont have my head i needs it , would you like a 40 footer bearing down on you with a driver with no head??????????????

atzec the sorting office and postie are the same one

im sorry to hear your having problems with "us"

as i see it . its like this., please some posties correct me onm this as im just a "ahem" branch off the RM

mail comes in (by ME)

gets sorted to area (automated

gets sorted to post code (automated)

then it gets broke down to street and area (automated)

Then gets onto a small fitting of addresses where the posty sorts it, bundles it and then does the "walk"

the problem has to start at the guy on the fitting doing the sorting then go from there

like i said , sorry to hear your having problems

Steve

Royal Mail truck driver :)

Cheers for the info Steve and dont worry mate your head is safe :lol: would be quite interesting to see a 40 footer with a headless driver though :lol:

Its not the 1st time weve had this problem mate, it happened last year and went on for a couple of months and then we had a letter from the PO saying they had caught someone with some of our things and were dealing with it, Been ok till about March then it started again and still going on so will be in touch with them again :huh:

how did i get blamed for this????

i just drive the trucks :)

You get blamed for this in the same way that every time I see someone I know and they have a problem with the NHS it's my fault because I work for it and therefore I must be expected to control everything about it so when the moaning old duffer has been kept waiting half an hour past his appointment time it's my fault even though I don't work at the same hospital lol :lol:

A friend of mine had a visit from the Royal Mail official the other day, with an item that I'd sent to her that had been found at the flat of one of their posties along with a huge range of other stolen items.

If you have problems then hopefully if you report it the Royal Mail will look into it and see if there is a pattern of items going missing in one area compared to others, and catch the person responsible.

yeah "we" take this very seriously, i remember when i got the job and started doing the bank runs we got told about our internal "police" its something like if a postie gets lightfingered and nicks aload of stuff, the normal police go in, but its our lot that recover the mail, , thats what i got told any way.

called "IB" i think

It's a shame a couple of bad eggs have to spoil it because for an organisation the size of Royal Mail their reliability and security are generally pretty damn good.

Although where I live, that brilliant game that everyone used to play as a child where you'd knock on someone's door and run away is now being played by adults in uniform. The only difference is, we called it 'knock and run' and they call themselves 'Parcel Force'! :lol:

Filed a complaint on Saturday online and sent a written one today so will see what they say :unsure: still need the screen for the phone as its quite an old unit and hard to find bits for it, But want to get it going so a member on here can try it in his car and see if it works with the lexus is200 phone kit that he has fitted :(

Been waiting for a new screen for my phone for a week now, And again today i recieved an empty package from the postman due to it being opened at the sorting office :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Getting so fed up with paying for a service and not getting the things i've brought and paid for, and at the moment we have 4 claims in for lost property through the mail, They have caught 1 person allready in possesion of my partners bank cards and have sacked them, But its still happening and its getting beyond a joke now :tsktsk:

Does anybody know if there is anything else i can do to try and stop this or how to speed up the claims or who to complain to, as they seem to be taking ages and to get any response from the royal snail, is just a joke :angry:

Sorry for the early morning RANT but got to the stage now where i'm very :tsktsk: off with it :angry:

Get some anthrax spores and put them in a little clear bag marked as "charlie" for your birthday.. let em shove it up their nose and watch their lungs come back up in a pulp.. justice done

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links