Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sports Grille Problem

ant1

well went to pick up my sport grille today and its the one i already have on the car ie the origional,sat with the bloke in lexus looking for the grille with sport on but he couldnt find anything at all gutted,can anyone help please its a royal blue lexus is200,any help appreciated thanks

well went to pick up my sport grille today and its the one i already have on the car ie the origional,sat with the bloke in lexus looking for the grille with sport on but he couldnt find anything at all gutted,can anyone help please its a royal blue lexus is200,any help appreciated thanks

i think the reason it came back as the origional grille when you give lexus details of your car the computer lists that part it was made with

do they still hold the sports grille as a stock item does anyone know?if so can someone tell me the price please as i was quoted 48 for the grille today although it was the wrong one being the same as the one on my car already,thanks guys

do they still hold the sports grille as a stock item does anyone know?if so can someone tell me the price please as i was quoted 48 for the grille today although it was the wrong one being the same as the one on my car already,thanks guys

The last time I checked (just a few weeks back) they were still available via Lexus, yes. Althouggh I wouldn't be suprised if the stocks were starting to run low. And the price you were quoted sounds about right. If you join LOC as a Gold member you will probably find you get a discount on parts from Lexus dealers.

That's weird, pretty stupid mistake, Lexus dealers usually know what the sport grille is!

@Andy: Is it just the light or is your grille a different colour to the rest of the car?

Sorry to say but I'm colour blind and even I notice the diffrence in colour :whistling:

When i got mine it was £36 but was well over a year ago

Is the sports grille on eBay (looks identical) the same or is it a bad/good copy of the sports grille...though on eBay its 60quid! Looking for one myself.

A lot of the sellers on eBay do sell the original sport grill and mark up the price, I only paid £36 for mine a bit back from the dealer, the only benefit of some of the eBay sellers is that they will come in the colour of your car as some must respray them to match saving you from doing it, Thats if you cant get the exact colour from the Lexus dealers due to them only doing certain colours now? :)

When i got mine it was £36 but was well over a year ago

Is the sports grille on eBay (looks identical) the same or is it a bad/good copy of the sports grille...though on eBay its 60quid! Looking for one myself.

A lot of the sellers on eBay do sell the original sport grill and mark up the price, I only paid £36 for mine a bit back from the dealer, the only benefit of some of the eBay sellers is that they will come in the colour of your car as some must respray them to match saving you from doing it, Thats if you cant get the exact colour from the Lexus dealers due to them only doing certain colours now? :)

Awe, ok... yeah it says ANY colour you want it... so thats obviously the reason for that..

Right guys yes the grille is a different colour or should I say was, when I bought the car it was in a bit of a mess ( ideal project and cheap ) it had been in a light bump but the guy didn't want to loose his no claims so he bought replacement parts from a scrappy and done the job himself he did I good job but didn't realise the bits he bought where the wrong blue (knock a couple of hundred off for that then ;) ) as you may know the cars been in for spraying and is now all the same colour Royal Sapphire :)

Ahh that makes a lot more sense now, that was the weirdest part as I was sure you're sports grille was the right colour, but the rest of the front of the car looked like mine (strathcaron blue) which didn't make sense as it was a V reg...........

Get some new pics up then :P :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links