Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Air Con Setting?

jomo

Ok, so yesterday was as dry as a bucket full o fish and as a result of the cold rain and a warm cabin the front window kept on fogging up! The only way i found to clear said fogging was to flick on the A/C for about 20secs which did the trick.

Is there a better setting on my heater-A/C i should be using to avoid the dreaded fog returning???

Ok, so yesterday was as dry as a bucket full o fish and as a result of the cold rain and a warm cabin the front window kept on fogging up! The only way i found to clear said fogging was to flick on the A/C for about 20secs which did the trick.

Is there a better setting on my heater-A/C i should be using to avoid the dreaded fog returning???

Hi, don't laugh, I'm female and don't know all the proper words, so here goes:

First ensure that all the 'wheels' next to the air vents are up as far as they will go. Then you have the three dials in front of you just to your left; (1) this is the one where you choose where you want the air to go - i.e. straight to the windscreen, to you and the windscreen, just to you, etc, etc. (2) the amount of heat dial, (3) the fan speed dial. Turn (1) all the way round to the last icon at the top of this dial. Turn (2) to its hottest setting (just to start off with and adjust when its warmed up), then make sure that the light lit up on this dial is the one to the right as you look at it from the driver's seat (not the other one, this should be lit up when you aren't using the heater at all). Turn (3) as far as it will go (again, just to start with) and you should visibly see the screen clearing as if by magic. It's normally very fast. If this doesn't happen then there may be something wrong with your system. Hope this helps a bit. :o)

Ok cheers for all the replys regardless of what terminology was use to get you,re message across.

Off to Leyland tonigh so ill have a play with the air con all the time if it dont screw up my MPG's.

I don't notice much of a difference with fuel consumption with AC on i must say, i don't use it all the time but certainly when its a damp or wet day its set to on, auto, and it keeps the car completely clear. One thing i've found with the IS on wet days without it it fogs up real bad.

Leaving the A/C on and putting the temp between 22 & 28 with the blowers direction on screen.

Does the job nicely :D

just as wozza says and its safer if you can see where your going :)

lets be honest, the IS200 isn't the most economical car in the first place, better to arrive unflustered & in style

than flustered with a foggy screen :0 (albeit with a touch more petrol)

you have the luxury so why not use it :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links