Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back Box

Kazi

Was thinking my Kazama back box is looking a bit ropey, think im gonna give it a clean, any suggestions on whats the best way to tackle this? Do you use a fine sand paper? Brillo pad and wire wool, use the Dremmel or what? Also, is their anything I can do to keep the shine lasting longer? Like a high temp lacquer or something?

Cheers,

Kaz.

I know people won't like this one but someone once put some Wonderwheels on my exhaust tail pipes without me knowing and it was amazing how quickly and easily it shined them up!

Never used it since so now they look like wood again :lol:

You can get a cheapish metal polish called Autosol or something which should do the job as well mate :)

auto-sol is the best for cleaning metal m8

It may well be auto-sol sorry lol, what ever they sell in tubes at Halfords but it is really good, I just did the tip also as you cant see the rest lol... with it on the car it's easy enough, if you took it off obviously you can do at your own leisure an do an even better job :) but to much messing around for me lol

kaz, the best way to clean that bad boy is with 0000 grade wire wool and a metal polish, like autosol!!

it'll be gleaming mate!! the results are fantactic and i've never seen a result as good.

cheap as chips to pick the stuff up as well.

rob

Some nice tips here - can you just start with newspaper and the Autosol straight away then or do you have to get it cleaned up a bit with something else first?

Bought some of that tar cleaner the other week and I'm going to splash it on the exhausts like an old fella uses Old Spice and see if that gets rid of all the crap sticking on the tailpipes!

Brillo Pads. Thats what I use, just over two quid for a whole box of em!

I use them all the time on my kazama and the polished lip on my rims. Just use them till they no longer create any suds and start with a new one. Its the suds that prevent scratching.

Brillo Pads. Thats what I use, just over two quid for a whole box of em!

I use them all the time on my kazama and the polished lip on my rims. Just use them till they no longer create any suds and start with a new one. Its the suds that prevent scratching.

Sounds like a winner there :D

Also answers my question of where do you buy the wire wool from - it's all in the Brillo pad :)

autosol and newspaper all the wat through, bit of elbow grease but thats all.. somthing in the paper helps the process and to shiny it up..

vinegar and newspaper on the glass works a treat too.. although dont use your household brown malt vinegar or will stink!

bitof lemon on the inside too helps stop misting..

0000 grade wire wool is very good with autosol - i thought it might be a little harsh, but its soft as a baby's behind and doesn't mar the exhaust one bit!!

aido, do u remember the twin nur-spec's mike morse had on his tubby?? he used the wire wool/autosol combination and remember how they looked!! B)

horses for course really. some great tips all round and a method to suit most i'd imagine

rob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links