Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My boot area is getting rather untidy these days so I was looking at getting the OEM boot liner. Anyone else have this? How well does it protect? It's about £90 so not exactly pocket money so thought I had better ask.

Ta.

I have the OEM boot liner, it does protect the trunk area very well, the mat fits perfectly and has raised edges (several inches) all the way round. If any liquid spills, it is a simple matter of removing the liner, wiping and refitting. A worth while purchase to protect the trunk, not sure how good the eBay bargains are, do they have raised edges?

Laura

I have the OEM boot liner, it does protect the trunk area very well, the mat fits perfectly and has raised edges (several inches) all the way round. If any liquid spills, it is a simple matter of removing the liner, wiping and refitting. A worth while purchase to protect the trunk, not sure how good the ebay bargains are, do they have raised edges?

Laura

Thanks for info Laura. The raised edges certainly sound like a worthwhile addition. One of the eBay items seems to be the OEM variety so will keep my eye on it. Fingers crossed will pick it up for a great deal cheaper than buying new.

I have always forked out and bought the genuine boot mat for every car I have owned. The way I see is that a mat is far easier to clean than the carpet in the boot! The lipped edges and tough plastic/rubber compound is ideal for carrying almost anything you like. Well worth the money.

I found the vertical luggage/envelope net one of the best items of storage ever. I bought mine when I was in the USA a while back from Sterling McCall Lexus (Houston) - not only was it a genuine part at a fraction of the UK price, being a Lexus item, it fit perfectly. I would certainly suggest everyone who has an RX buys one of these - very useful!

I have been searching on the bay for a year now for a liner (genuine) for a Mk1.....never seen one, ever!

You have to be careful of some of these on the bay.....they have a slight lip but usually not all around and you have to cut some to fit...so called universal!

I have one from my Galaxy...too big (long) and one from my Explorer....no lip!

I have been searching on the bay for a year now for a liner (genuine) for a Mk1.....never seen one, ever!

You have to be careful of some of these on the bay.....they have a slight lip but usually not all around and you have to cut some to fit...so called universal!

I have one from my Galaxy...too big (long) and one from my Explorer....no lip!

You might be in luck, I think I still have a MKI mat I retained when I sold the car. Send me a pm if you're interested.

we got an eBay liner for our rx, its got a raised 2"-3" lip all the way around. it sounds like the lexus one? i took it out the other day to give it a clean(the dog goes in the back) and it came up like new. its black hard plastic. can't tell from the links but it does look like a better fit than them.

we got an ebay liner for our rx, its got a raised 2"-3" lip all the way around. it sounds like the lexus one? i took it out the other day to give it a clean(the dog goes in the back) and it came up like new. its black hard plastic. can't tell from the links but it does look like a better fit than them.

I was given a Lexus boot liner from a Mk 1 and it's been in my 2006 for three years. The car is to be p/e'd in a fortnight. Anyone interested in it let me know. I'm in S Wales

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
we got an ebay liner for our rx, its got a raised 2"-3" lip all the way around. it sounds like the lexus one? i took it out the other day to give it a clean(the dog goes in the back) and it came up like new. its black hard plastic. can't tell from the links but it does look like a better fit than them.

I was given a Lexus boot liner from a Mk 1 and it's been in my 2006 for three years. The car is to be p/e'd in a fortnight. Anyone interested in it let me know. I'm in S Wales

Steve

I would just like everyone to know what a jolly nice chap Steve is......I now have a lovely boot liner for my RX.....all for the price of a few emails.......

Steve your a Gent with a capitol "G"

Best regards David

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links