Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Itv Fa Cup C*ck Up

Andy-R

How many of the people watching the FA cup game on Wed missed Dan Goslings fantastic goal because of ITV's massive balls up, fortunately I was watching on Sat so the delay meant I saw the goal as it went in but would not of been impressed if i'd have missed it, the TV rights for the FA cup should be given back to the BBC & Sky both ITV and Setanta are absolute crap when it comes to footy coverage.

Pretty dull game to be honest, don't really think either team deserved to go through but to miss the goal because of a TV balls up after sitting through nearly 120mins of scrappy play would have killed me, at least I get to give sh*t to those of my mates who said we where going to get battered, must add tho not every LFC fan who's a mate was handing it out so there excused :)

Radio is no better! You get the commentator and the 'expert' rambling on to each other (Claridge, anyone? Squeak on! Or Graham Taylor never stopping.....) then we repeatedly go 'around the grounds', including all the nil/nils,

AND a run in cricket!!!.

Then we go rushing back to the commentary....because someone has scored whilst we've been gone!.

Speaking of 'missed goals' on TV, there was even one in a Man United final once, I recall.

United scored. Then there were of course, repeated-from-every-angle replays.

In the meantime, United went and scored again INSTANTLY!!!. (was it the 4-0 against Chelsea?)

All you got is "MARK HUGHES"!!!!!! from the commentator over the replay.....then a replay of it! :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

cant see what all the fuss is.. bet you saw the reply.

I did actually see the goal go in so not too bad for me, the point is the TV company's pay millions of pounds to get the rights to screen things like this and then totally f*ck it up at the most important moment.

Yes people did see the replay but let me put it to you like this, you have just missed the birth of your child but it's on tape so not too bad, might not be as life changing as that but just as important to alot of people, if it had been the BBC there would be questions as to why we pay a license fee.

Don't blame me I don't work for ITV but I did manage to completely blank out ( fade to black is the technical term) a live shopping channel broadcast at 2 minutes to midnight on New Years Eve! Finally got the transmission back at 10 minutes past! The funniest thing was the studio presenters carried on as if the TX was still going out as the director said nothing to them on talkback.

Working in a live directors gallery ( that's the one you see sometimes on tv with all the control panels and the monitors on the wall) is either quite boring ( shopping channel selling Dandelion flavoured soap on a rope) or you get engrossed in the program ( football) and you forget your job so I can imagine the director either failed to cancel the autoswitch to the adverts ( promos) or hit the wrong button as his elbow slid across the desk possibly as he fell asleep!

Live TV looks easy on the viewer's side of the screen believe me it isn't on the other side!

The BBC are already in trouble again for playing the unedited version of the Christian Bale excerpt this morning (it's rude so don't click it if you're at work!!!!)

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Not as good as this remix though:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

What a lot of...twaddle! Really! Just how many people have never heard, or used the F word in life these days? It's getting so that it has no meaning or shock value anymore. Now a rude word like........

honesty...or

culpability...or

....add yours here.......

What a lot of...twaddle! Really! Just how many people have never heard, or used the F word in life these days? It's getting so that it has no meaning or shock value anymore. Now a rude word like........

honesty...or

culpability...or

....add yours here.......

Well said.

cant see what all the fuss is.. bet you saw the reply.

I did actually see the goal go in so not too bad for me, the point is the TV company's pay millions of pounds to get the rights to screen things like this and then totally f*ck it up at the most important moment.

Yes people did see the replay but let me put it to you like this, you have just missed the birth of your child but it's on tape so not too bad, might not be as life changing as that but just as important to alot of people, if it had been the BBC there would be questions as to why we pay a license fee.

i wouldnt miss the child birth cause ive got exclusive rights to it lol.

football and religion.. the two evils of the world..

Did anyone see SoccerAM this morning?

they proper took the P*** out of ITV doing this with John Barnes baton twirling.

Basically, they said John Barnes was an ex champion, got him up, he was about to start and they cut it to a mick take of the caburys advert, and the old chalk board picture.

Then came back to the show and they were all celebrating, saying it was the best thing ever seen on tele.

:lol:

Suppose you would have had to see it though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links