Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Meguiers...

imi

Hi all...

Where to start then??

Yesterday, haviong the day off work, i decided to try the Meguiars "3 Step " Product which i bought on-line, instead of using the usual AutoGlym(which been using for 7 years).. :unsure:

Started at 12:00pm, washed car, dried it with Autoglym Leather Cloth, since it being Astral Black, needed a proper clean.. after which you could see the minor little scratches and the swirl marks in it :( :(

1pm - 1st Step - Applied Stage 1 of 3 "The Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner" this took out 90% of the scratches and swirl marks that were present before - :yahoo::yahoo:

2.30pm - 2nd Step - Applied Stage 2 of "The Deep Crystal Polish" this is a pure polish it topped up the stage 1 and not a single scratch or swirl mark was to be seen B) it also created an awesome, deep, wet-look shine, which Autoglym doesn't even come close to - ;)

4.30pm - 3rd Step - Applied Stage 3 of " The Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax" This was the perfect product to finish of the brilliant wet-look and shine which was created in Stage 1 & 2 - B)

6:15pm - Finished.. (6 hours :o - but worth it) :yahoo::yahoo:

I could not believe how brilliant the paintwork felt and looked after using this, even better then the dealer look (especially as it was sunny yesterday). Took the car for a spin around town center, i could not believe how many people were actually looking and point towards my car - felt good B)

So i give this advice especialy for the Astral Black Lexus owners.. if you haven't tried Mequiars, then you've not come close to knowing what true quality paintwork looks like.. B) B)

Zee going to admit.. you are definatly right with this one mate.. ;) :whistling:

there is a polish that Auto glym do that is also good fr the wet look, you put it on over the normal polish, id be dammed if i cannot remember what its called

i only used it this weekend on the beetle :unsure:

and i was very impressed,and so were the show organisers :)

and not a swirl mark in sight..not bad for a car thats 37 years old

there is a polish that Auto glym do that is also good fr the wet look, you put it on over the normal polish, id be dammed if i cannot remember what its called

Extra gloss protection (gold label)

:question: Think is may be their "Extra Gloss Protection", it has a gold coloured bit on the bottle as opposed to the red for the super resin polish :question:

Think is may be their "Extra Gloss Protection", it has a gold coloured bit on the bottle as opposed to the red for the super resin polish 

Yep, i have been using the Super sin Polish (Red Label) and the Gloss Protection (Gold Label) forabout 7 years on my previous cars, which were red, i tried it on the Lexus but it doesn't seem to last, it shines good, but after 1 or 2 washes the you are able to see the scratches again and have to repeat the process.. :(

With Meguiars, the feel and look of the paintwork is a different effect, not a single scratch or swirl is visable, and it feels like it's just come out freshly painted..

Also i am able to top up the wax after a wash the Meguiars Quick Detailer and Quick Wax spray and wipe off bottles.. ;) ;)

I didn't get that effect when i used Autoglym though.. :(

Mr Zee put a good word in for me..

You want to watch him, with his fancy car - trying to make me spend lots of money so mine will look as good as his........Devils work I tell you........ :ph34r:

:D

Probably Autoglym Gloss Protector or something along those lines?

Mr Zee put a good word in for me..

You want to watch him, with his fancy car - trying to make me spend lots of money so mine will look as good as his........Devils work I tell you........ :ph34r:

:D

:blush::lol: B)

Before anybody rushes out to Meguiers products from there web site,

Order over £50 quid worth of stuff from them, credit card debited, over a week ago,

Order still has not arrived, I just hope the product is better than there customers service.

:arrrggg-matey: :arrrggg-matey: :arrrggg-matey:

Risky3301 Posted on May 8 2003, 08:59 PM Before anybody rushes out to Meguiers products from there web site,Order over £50 quid worth of stuff from them, credit card debited, over a week ago,

I'd heard of this before,but eventually it arrived? i found a local stockist

so when i run low its a short trip to the shop

You may pay a bit more but less hassle

Risky3301 Posted on May 8 2003, 07:59 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before anybody rushes out to Meguiers products from there web site,

Order over £50 quid worth of stuff from them, credit card debited, over a week ago,

Order still has not arrived, I just hope the product is better than there customers service.

I placed the orde for around £50 aswell it arrived in 5 days.. did you order it from the UK Maguiars suppliers??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links