Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got It Fitted.

phone up tdi yesterday and the guy who deal is not there so going to phone now. been 3 weeks now not recieved them. chris yes i did fitted the silicone one going to put a apexi filter on as soon as i get the adaptor thing and then i would take pics.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phone up tdi yesterday and the guy who deal is not there so going to phone now. been 3 weeks now not recieved them. chris yes i did fitted the silicone one going to put a apexi filter on as soon as i get the adaptor thing and then i would take pics.

they'll prob arrive late, not quite give you the power you expect, and cost ou ten times more than expected :lol:

they'll prob arrive late, not quite give you the power you expect, and cost ou ten times more than expected :lol:

lol

lol

found my wee rubber seal if you need to borrow it??lexus say thurs or fri before its in stock.

danydons where you from fife???

I am from Freuchie mate - you might remember I phoned to come see your car when you were thinking of selling but it was in for a service and then you obviously went the charger route.. I ended up going down to Hull the next weekend and buying car there from a member .

Thats sound then mate, i love the sound of the induction kit with the Apexi filter, people can hear you coming a mile away :lol:

Did you get any uprated hose clips mate for when your hoses ever arrive? reccomend them if you havnt allready got them, :)

Replaced a couple of mine yesterday due to the jubilee type being crap, and still got a few more to do? i'm still losing boost on the intercooler hoses, found the leaks by spraying carb cleaner round the joints? :huh: But my car is pulling a lot better now than it was so its getting there B)

Thats sound then mate, i love the sound of the induction kit with the Apexi filter, people can hear you coming a mile away :lol:

Did you get any uprated hose clips mate for when your hoses ever arrive? reccomend them if you havnt allready got them, :)

Replaced a couple of mine yesterday due to the jubilee type being crap, and still got a few more to do? i'm still losing boost on the intercooler hoses, found the leaks by spraying carb cleaner round the joints? :huh: But my car is pulling a lot better now than it was so its getting there B)

lol i hope with the new filter would make a diff as the old one is in seriouse need of getting it changed. yeah i did i bought mikalor clamps. got them yesterday and they look very strong so all i need is now my hoses.

how do you know if you spray crab cleaner

lol i hope with the new filter would make a diff as the old one is in serious need of getting it changed. yeah i did i bought mikalor clamps. got them yesterday and they look very strong so all i need is now my hoses.

how do you know if you spray carb cleaner

I use the carb cleaner on most air intake joints or vacuum points as its a good way of finding leaks, usually if you spray it round the joints and hoses on tick over the engine will change note and pick up if you have a leak?

Was shown it quite a few years ago by a mobile mechanic when i had a problem with my car at the time,

I'd just rebuilt the engine and when i started it up it just rev'd up and wouldnt stop, I checked everything i could think of and in the end i had a mobile mechanic come out to have a look, and the 1st thing he did was get a can of carb cleaner out of his van and sprayed it around all the joints and hoses?

Found out that the intake manifold had got a hairline crack in below the carbs and was sucking in air :blink: And i've used it ever since :D

put wd 40 40 at the air inlet pipe and as soon the car revs the come out bubbling so losing boost from there. i will get the rubber seal tommarow from lexus. thanks ormi for the offer but getting it tommarow anyway

put wd 40 40 at the air inlet pipe and as soon the car revs the come out bubbling so losing boost from there. i will get the rubber seal tommarow from lexus. thanks ormi for the offer but getting it tommarow anyway

i found that if i close the bypass from under the bonnet you can hear it coming out of the pipes that are not tight enough? my intake pipe i hear a mile away due to the crap jubilee clips, so fitted some better ones now and its not doing it now? but have got a leak coming from the intercooler pipework? :whistling:

i found that if i close the bypass from under the bonnet you can hear it coming out of the pipes that are not tight enough? my intake pipe i hear a mile away due to the crap jubilee clips, so fitted some better ones now and its not doing it now? but have got a leak coming from the intercooler pipework? :whistling:

right i see. im going to check my intercooler pipes some time soon. i am picking up rubber seal tommarow so hopefully its faster. i also phoned tdi today and they said they going to look into it....the same thing they said the last three time. i will phone tommarow if not i would ask for refund as they are taking the pee

phoned up tdi today and they said they have refunded me the money as the company doesnt make it. it took them 3 weeks to realise the company doesnt make them. thats a joke.

Anyone know where would get them now?

thanks

phoned up tdi today and they said they have refunded me the money as the company doesnt make it. it took them 3 weeks to realise the company doesnt make them. thats a joke.

Anyone know where would get them now?

thanks

I recieved my hoses yesterday, but I didn't buy a kit. www.sfsperformance.co.uk

This is what I ordered:

200mm of Ø51mm hose

600mm of Ø60mm hose

200mm of Ø70mm hose

That's more than I need, so I can cut them to the optimal lengths. You would need a bit more of the Ø60mm hose, though, as I believe you've got the second generation piping.

The total cost was £47

Well Done on the supercharger :)

If its of any help I got some hoses and very strong T clips from here:

http://www.auto-performance.co.uk/

They are based in Wakefield but obviously can deliver too. The items are top quality and they make their own. When I visited they were really really helpful and with my car running 1.2bar+ not had any issues with leaks etc since. The price I thought was good too for a quality product and they gave me a discount when I mentioned I was a car club member. :)

Anees

thanks anees will look into that company. fitted the rubber seal today and made a difference so happy now. no wi have a another question for you. the belt size is 5pk 803 as couldnt get a 800 now i was wondeirng if getting a 800 make a difference

thanks guys

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links