Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Bits For The Lex

when i bought the lex it was always going to stay standard................well it didn't,stereo wise i was always impressed and said i was going to leave it alone................

well i now have free view,dvd and mp3 player with a 7.5 wide screen so i said to my self thats it no more well....................................

this is goin to be the latest fit in the lex...........

The sub and amp

p0905092212.jpg

The amp

p0905092214.jpg

The sub

p0905092221.jpg

the cd is their just for size comparison..........

its huge.

heres the specs for the amp.

Product Features

4 Ch x 300 Watts Max Output

2 Ch x 600 Watts Max Bridged Output how i'll be running it

Remote Control Bass Booster

Full Adjustable Electronic Crossover Network

2 Ohm Stereo Stable

Technical Details

Brand Name: Legend

Model: LA890

sub spec

15” subwoofer

900w RMS 1800w peak

Single 4 ohm voice coil

88dB 1w/1m

Black injected moulded cone

Woven-in tinsel leads for high power handling

Long throw coil

Chromed pressed steel chassis

Product Features

Whats the RMS output of the amp? as that what really matters.

Stav

I really do hope u either got that stuff free or dead cheap mate....hate to say it but never really heard of that amp and well inphase subs are total utter *******...sorry...if u go on talkaudio.co.uk u'll see loads said on there mate. If u dont mind me asking how much did it all set u back?

Product Features

Stav

I'd hazard a guess at 200 RMS tops :shutit: but as long as it works it can be improved later if ormi wants to. Will still supply the boom boom he wants. I could be wrong bout the RMS thats just a total guess lol..

u can figure out the rms rating quite easily actually by doing a few calculations. i dont know them off the top of my head but it all goes on efficiency of the amp and to what rating the amp is fused to...if its fused to something like 30amps IIRC then expect around the 200-300wrms figure.

Product Features

Stav

doesn't really bother me what the rms is i've heard and seen it work,the rear wiper used to jump off the back window of my bro's old car so thats enough for me..

asi fronts are already changed for some vibe component efforts.toying with the idea of doing away with the rear 6x9's but we'll see.

found this on some site

the rms figures

Key FeaturesAmplifier TypeMulti ChannelsBass BoostWith Bass BoostBridgableBridgablePower OutputRMS Power at 2 Ohms300 W x 4PerformanceBass Boost Frequency60 HzTHD at Rated RMS Power.04 %Signal to Noise Ratio90 dBFrequency Response10 Hz - 30000 HzDimensionsDepth14.2 in.Height2 in.Width

it set me back the grand total of nothing.

as i said i heard it when it was in my bros car. not really bothered about makes as its not a show car and you wont be able to see it awnyway but you will be able to hear it!!! :winky: read some independant reviews on the stuff some bad but some really good so i'll just fit it all and see what its like in the lex.

take it the best place to put the sub is behind the ski hatch(after removing the vinyl sleeve thing)?

if u think it'll suffice for u mate then no worries, just make sure u dont turn the gain up too much or u'll cause the amp/sub to clip and get damaged.

used to enter my old mr2 into sound comps so know how to set it up matey i've got a couple of the set up cd's somewhere.

mr2 mk2

yellow top Battery,gold black chrome Battery terminals, gold distribution block,black chrome fuses, 4 vibe subs ,1 vibe power cap, 2sets of vibe components 2 black box amps and lots of 0 guage and black chrome eye terminals.

would love to do it all again with the lex but the 170,000 morgage wont let me!!!!! :crybaby:

yeh mate, behind the ski hatch after removing it ;)

good stuff, i'll be doin this next weekend.

Product Features

Remote Control Bass Booster

Full Adjustable Electronic Crossover Network

2 Ohm Stereo Stable

Technical Details

Brand Name: Legend

Model: LA890

sub spec

15” subwoofer

900w RMS 1800w peak

Single 4 ohm voice coil

88dB 1w/1m

Black injected moulded cone

Woven-in tinsel leads for high power handling

Long throw coil

Chromed pressed steel chassis

mate something doesnt add up here..

you have a single voice coil sub and a 4 ch amp thats bridgeable across two channels givngh you either 2x600w (about 2 x 150rms) or 1 x 600 + 2 x300w (1x 150rms +2 x 75 rms)

will you be runnin the sub of one channel and nothing on the other? if the handling spec of the sub is correct (which i seriously doubt being inphase) then you will be seriously underpowering it and risk damaging it all??

i was just goin to bridge two to run the sub(1x600) and leave the other channels empty.

if the stats for the sub are wrong ie saying 900 but in true terms it matches the amp then i'm laughin.

anyway it was all free so if it goes boom boom boom fart bang then i take it out and throw it away :winky:

all the stats were taken off the web site that sells the stuff.

Shame the sub isn't a Double Voice Coil. If double you could have run 2 bridged channel outputs through

the 2 voice coils (depending on the ohms of each coil). Still a freebie is a freebie and if you don't like the way it performs, you haven't lost anything.

BTW the Ski hatch unbolts and comes out as one complete piece once you have removed the rear seat upright.

LINKY

got all the stuff fitted in the car and all i can say is bugger me.................. all settings set to 1/4 and turning the stereo up to prob just over 1/4 volume you can see the rear seat vibrate!!!!!(the wife likes it :winky: ) couldn't have it showing through the ski hatch as the sub and box is too big.just got to hide the wiring in the boot better.(hate wiring being on show)

went to asda with the wife for the weekly shopping opened the boot and the wife turned to me and said were the bloody hell i'm i going to put the shopping now!!!so now when we go shopping the back seat becomes my boot.lol

got all the stuff fitted in the car and all i can say is bugger me.................. all settings set to 1/4 and turning the stereo up to prob just over 1/4 volume you can see the rear seat vibrate!!!!!(the wife likes it :winky: )

^^^^^^^^^^^

Dose that mean you wife is a Back seat driver now :winky: :lol: :lol:

got all the stuff fitted in the car and all i can say is bugger me.................. all settings set to 1/4 and turning the stereo up to prob just over 1/4 volume you can see the rear seat vibrate!!!!!(the wife likes it :winky: )

^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links