Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Now Known As Toyota (gb) Plc - Lexus Division?

Got a letter and blurb about the IS250C and it seems Lexus has been 'renamed' - I thought Toyota was trying to get the image across that Lexus is a separate identity few years ago... but it seems they've gone back? The address on the brochure and letter has Toyota (GB) PLC - Lexus Division instead of Lexus (GB)?

I think I threw the letter away, but still have the leaflet. Whereabouts does it mention Toyota, I couldn't see anything about that on mine, e.g. it mentioned "Lexus Financial Services" at one point but nothing about Toyota.

As Colin says, same on Lexus.co.uk website.

I think this is a very bad move.

The powers that be have being trying to create a sepreate identity between Lexus and Toyota and if they decide to make this long term, then it would be a bad move. In order to compete sucessfully with Merc and BMW my direction would be to have completly seperate identity.

I rang up one of the local dealerships just to see what they say when they answer the phone, and at the moment they answered as Lexus, but I get the feeling if this move is made long term then they will answer "Toyota, Lexus Division" in my eyes that would be very bad!!

Still want an IS F though.

theres no way the Lexus brand will be changed as they recently launched in Japan. i dont think Lexus has ever tried to distance itself from Toyota. you'd have to live under a rock since birth not to know its the same frickin company and besides, does it actually hurt the image being linked to Toyota? one of the biggest car companies in the world? the most reliable?

its probably a restructure or a company tax issue.

theres no way the Lexus brand will be changed as they recently launched in Japan. i dont think Lexus has ever tried to distance itself from Toyota. you'd have to live under a rock since birth not to know its the same frickin company and besides, does it actually hurt the image being linked to Toyota? one of the biggest car companies in the world? the most reliable?

Yep I think it must be a tax or reporting issue too........

Otherwise it does benefit them to distance themselves from Toyota, to truly compete with BMW, Mercedes and others they need to lose the "posh toyota" image........especially now that they seem to be charging more than the others :sick:

I can't see Lexus changing their brand identity. I think all we're talking about here is an administrative issue. As I said, I can't see any mention of Toyota on the leaflet that I got through the post from Lexus, everything there was Lexus.

The red envelope "HOW CONVERTIBLE ARE YOU?" on the back says if undelivered please return to: Toyota GB PLC - Lexus Division"

also the postcard's address is Toyota GB PLC- Lexus division if you want your Lexus Centre to contact you about the IS250C....

The letter "TAKE THE NEW LEXUS IS250C FOR A 21 SECOND TEST DRIVE" has the same as the top and bottom.

The red envelope "HOW CONVERTIBLE ARE YOU?" on the back says if undelivered please return to: Toyota GB PLC - Lexus Division"

also the postcard's address is Toyota GB PLC- Lexus division if you want your Lexus Centre to contact you about the IS250C....

The letter "TAKE THE NEW LEXUS IS250C FOR A 21 SECOND TEST DRIVE" has the same as the top and bottom.

Thanks, I didn't get that bit, just the news leaflet thingy. Just sounds like a change to the postal address and an administrative change to me, it's the Lexus brand that's being marketed.

Yep I think it must be a tax or reporting issue too........

Otherwise it does benefit them to distance themselves from Toyota, to truly compete with BMW, Mercedes and others they need to lose the "posh toyota" image........especially now that they seem to be charging more than the others :sick:

I fully agree, Lexus models straight out the showroom are more expensive these days than the BMW and Merc equivilants. I fully agree they need huge distance, It's abit like Ferrari and Fiat, we know they are owned by Fiat but they have complete seperate identity, even though once when I went in an F355 Spider (as a pasenger) I noticed the interior air vents were exactly the same as the one's in my (now sold a long time ago) MK 2 1990 Fiat Uno Turbo!!

Aren't the EU putting in legislation on 'range wide emmissions' must meet an average. Maybe Lexus can't meet these unless they are counterbalanced by smaller cars - hence being treated as Toyota.

reach the 140 g/km target by 2008/09—the average

120g by 2012

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links