Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Used Is 250 Auto Multimedia

Hello All,

I am looking at spending around £15-£16k on an IS 250 Auto Multimedia Cadoxton Slate paint and Pembroke Leather.

I would be really interested in any user feedback on the car and what to look out for when buying please.

Seems they are very few and far between of this spec.

Many thanks

Hello All,

I am looking at spending around £15-£16k on an IS 250 Auto Multimedia Cadoxton Slate paint and Pembroke Leather.

I would be really interested in any user feedback on the car and what to look out for when buying please.

Many thanks

I'm pretty sure you'd get a better response if you posted this in the IS250 section.

Hello All,

Many thanks

I'm pretty sure you'd get a better response if you posted this in the IS250 section.

Moved to 250 :winky:

& a free bump

Hello All,

Many thanks

Moved to 250 :winky:

& a free bump

I've just spent £26k on a 4 month old model - Cadoxton Slate with Grey Sussex Leather and full multimedia etc. All I can suggest is to read through the various posts. Main issues seem to be dashboard rattles across the IS220/250 range.

KNow what you mean about there being very few around with this spec. Pretty much why I went for a more recent model, which is also the 2009 spec.

that is exactly what I bought & I paid 15k minus my trade in.

I have had lots off issues with rattling dash, rattling parcel shelf as well as smelly ac, been back to lexus countless times and all the problems still excist!

They have now said because the car is more than 3 years old the manufacturers warrenty has expired and the used car warrenty does not cover these items.

The most recent visit regarding the dash rattle ended with "we know the dashbord rattles but you will have to pay £90 to get a third partly to remove the windshield to fix it"

I am now going to have a go myself, have taken the sat nav out but can't get far enough back so have accesed it through the centre speaker, i am pretty sure its the vent mounting onto the dash that is causing the noise - i will experiment with my hand in the hole whilst someone else is driving.

I have managed to turn off that damn annoying seat belt noise though, I do wear my belt on the roads but i do have to move my car regually at work and it was driving me nuts with it going off when i was only driving 100'!

Ben

They have now said because the car is more than 3 years old the manufacturers warrenty has expired and the used car warrenty does not cover these items.

This is not true, if you have reported the faults during the warranty period nad they have been unable or failed to fix them then they are still obliged to fix them unther the warranty.

This is not true, if you have reported the faults during the warranty period nad they have been unable or failed to fix them then they are still obliged to fix them unther the warranty.

Agree with that - It's a pre-existing condition. Why not have another go at that and go to Lexus GB if they don't honour the warranty.

Hello All,

Many thanks

Except for the Pembroke leather (mine is Black) this is my car .Look for a rattle on start up if left cold overnight but other than that it is the perfect motor . Mine is being sorted out at this moment by Lexus dealer .

Hello All,

Many thanks

Why not buy mine when I get my GS450h :rolleyes::lol::hehe:

If I trade it in it will be Lexus Belfast probably but might sell privately.Then put £10,000 to it and buy second hand GS450hSE or SEl for around 23,000.Would need the top spec GS as my IS has all the toys!!!

I have managed to turn off that damn annoying seat belt noise though, I do wear my belt on the roads but i do have to move my car regually at work and it was driving me nuts with it going off when i was only driving 100'!

Ben

How did you do that Ben? I really want to do the same.

I have had lots off issues with rattling dash, rattling parcel shelf as well as smelly ac, been back to lexus countless times and all the problems still excist!

Ben

There is a thread somewhere on smelly ac. I think it's under the IS200 Section. I can vouch for the Wynns stuff.

Ben

There is a thread somewhere on smelly ac. I think it's under the IS200 Section. I can vouch for the Wynns stuff.

I just use the Dettol ant-bacterial kitchen cleaner. Only used it on my IS200 as never been a problem on the 250. Just spray into the fresh air intake with the A/C and fan on the non-circulatory setting. Never tried it on the circulatory setting but that may not work if it cuts off the part of the ducting open to the outside :huh:

For the smelly air-con try switching it on then turn the temp up full and run for at least 15 mins with engine at normal running temp...

I had a similar problem with my MG ZS and it was cured by doing that, seemingly the heat kills off the bacteria that creates the smell..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links