Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Japs Car Show 29/6/2003

Zee007

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'll be travelling up on Saturday and staying in the motor over-night (thank G*D for the DVD/TV) instead but where is Thoresby Park, the A614 looks like a long bit of road, any-one any ideas. :huh:

TRAFFIC INFO FOR JAPS SHOW THIS WEEKEND

Anyone traveling far and using the directions given should be aware the COUNTY ROAD is closed off completely so here’s an alternative;

once you get to roundabout on the A1 (Five lanes ends it called even though there’s only 4 lanes)

You can either:

Go on the A614 as instructed in the club directions, go past the road that is closed (through the temporary traffic lights) and …

Down to OLLERTON roundabout

Take the 4th exit off signposted WORKSOP & A616 (don’t count the bus lane)

Follow the road through BUDBY then you come to two mini roundabouts

2nd exit (right/straight on ish) at the first then RIGHT at the second one.

Then follow this road until you see the signs for the show.

--OR--

At the roundabout on the A1 mentioned above, take the A57 towards WORKSOP, follow this road past Wilkinsons HQ, turn left at the roundabout just after this,

Follow this road until you get to another roundabout (only about 1 mile away)

Turn left again and go straight up the hill, keep following this road for several miles.

This eventually brings you out at the other side of the 2 mini roundabouts mentioned before. You'll need to go left towards Thoresby park.

Looks like I'll be travelling up on Saturday and staying in the motor over-night (thank G*D for the DVD/TV) instead but where is Thoresby Park, the A614 looks like a long bit of road, any-one any ideas. :huh:

I'm not exactly sure where abouts Thorseby Park is along the A614. :unsure: But what I can tell you is that if you're driving from Nottingham heading North along the A614, you can't miss it. There will be lots of signs for it. It's very close to other Parks and Forests such as Rufford Park, Clumber Park and Sherwood Forest. Thorseby Park is amongst them somewhere.

I haven't looked at a map yet but I would imagine country Parks and Forests are marked on there <_<

Who else will there on Saturday, and what time from. I thought it was only for the Sunday but will be happy to help set up if needed.

Now Guys remember last year when my GS won a cup :D

Dont let me down, bring home some hardware for LOC this year.

Won't be able to join you this time, as there is a big meet in the Midlands this weekend "Pistonfest" and I shall be there in the TVR.

Have a great weekend ;)

Dave

What a great day!! Saturday was a good laugh with the H***a crowd and I even got to Judge a few competions! I am happy to say I was responsible to awarding a MINT LS400 a 1st prize! It was a 93 model and still had the leather care tags on the seats from new!! 31,000 genuine miles. Pearler.

Anyway just wanted to add that the closed road has LED to an official diversion so if you follow the signs for diverted traffic it also refers to Thorsby park and you can't fail to find it. I did.

What a great event. I got an induction kit and fitted it with some local help. £45!! and it sounds great!! Sammy, I don't think mine gets as hot as yours as it still pulled 135 on the test track that I passed on my way home. the noise is just exquisit!

See you all tomorrow...

Loz :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk