Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cambelt/wool Like Substance Around Cambelt!?!

That belt is worn- my guess is that its the idler that's failing which is causing the belt to wear.

Worst posibilities: snapped belt, broken valves= damaged head/engine which will need to be repaired or replaced.

Get a new belt, idler and tensionser asap.

So... so far i need a new radiator and new cambelt! looks like im in for a hefty bill this week. im hoping i can get it done for £400.00 using the people i know :unsure::unsure:

you should do ! i paid £280 for cambelt idler tensioner and a full service including spark plugs !

Hi all just removed cambelt cover and it was packed full of a black wool type felty substance. is this belt wear??

it has slightly worried me?

does it need changing?

i will try and post a few photos fo it :unsure::unsure::unsure:

hi half of your cambelt is worn away we get cars in my workshop with cambelts that look in better condition than yours that have snapped so i recommend that you dont start the car at all and get it towed to your garage i know this sounds bad but we see the damage that is done when the belt snaps we have had customers scrap the car because the cost of repair is more than the car is worth good luck

Just odered my new belt.

along with a few other essentials

Belt, Idler, & Tensioner

Radiator,

Water Pump,

5L toyota long life coolant.

total cost £300

and thoughts at what price it will be to fit it all? bearing in mind its all easily done when changing the cambelt as your right next to everything ie. water pump, rad etc..

??

DO NOT DRIVE DONT EVEN TURN IT OVER a hell of a lot of money if it goes wrong approx 13hours of work to recon the head if a belt snaps!

DO NOT DRIVE DONT EVEN TURN IT OVER a hell of a lot of money if it goes wrong approx 13hours of work to recon the head if a belt snaps!

Hi ormi, i no a guy who does recovery so i think i will slip him a tenner just to drop it down the road for me. the garage is about 4 miles away so its not that far. i think thats probably the safest way to do lol :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links