Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Done My Fogs

[pics will follow tonight, as for workshop guide there is one already on here somewhere. I stuck them in the oven on about 150 degrees for a few mins to soften the plastic and the glue then got the hairdrier (cheers mam) on to it to realy sorten the area as i worked it loose. I used an undercoat of heat proof paint then sprayed the lensewith granite sky or what ever its called. when i had the lense ready to go back in i heated the unit again in the oven to loosen the glue and bobs your uncle, fanies your aunt there it was all back togehter. need to silicone it tonight to give it a proper seal though.

after couple of mins in the oven the plastic was softish, with the first one i took it off at this stage and ended up ripping parts of the housing(not too good but you wont see it). on the second attempt i heated with the hair drier after cooking and it came off no problem. im uploading the pics now so will be on here soon.

if anyone is colour coding there lights and fogs a little word of warning, make sure you have a deep 10 mil socket and extension bar, and i would get two tins of paint from lexus i got one on started to run low at the end. esential tools for removal etc 10 mill spanner, deep socket, standard 10 mil socket, ratchet philips screw driver. It was recomended to me to take the bumper off to get the headlights off, after doing it i felt it was not necesary, if you take the first 3 bolts out of the arch liner there is enough room to get your ocket in take out the nuts etc. Anyone wants some pointer ask, i'm not an expert though.

if anyone is colour coding there lights and fogs a little word of warning, make sure you have a deep 10 mil socket and extension bar, and i would get two tins of paint from lexus i got one on started to run low at the end. esential tools for removal etc 10 mill spanner, deep socket, standard 10 mil socket, ratchet philips screw driver. It was recomended to me to take the bumper off to get the headlights off, after doing it i felt it was not necesary, if you take the first 3 bolts out of the arch liner there is enough room to get your ocket in take out the nuts etc. Anyone wants some pointer ask, i'm not an expert though.

what about the fogs ???

fogs were a piece of :tsktsk: matey two bolts then pull em out on problem is you need to take the arch liner off the drivers side to remove the bulb.

not mine

bolts out, had headlights out, had arch liner out

couldnt get the :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: ing fogs out

Neil,

Your surposed to mask off the reflective chrome part of the fog light,(the cone shaped part), and just spray the flatter outer edge, this gives a better beam of light with the fogs on.

MUPPET ! :blink:

a little hint :

when masking the chrome reflective bit use a low tack mask or you will pull off the chrome plate

or use carefully applied petroleum jelly to the area not being sprayed, dont get on bits you want to paint coz it wont stay on, then just wash it off

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links