Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spintek Spinners

Dear All

I have just ordered 4x spintek spinners in chrome which are basically wheel bolt ons that continue to spin once your car is stationery!!

i would like to know what measures people have taken in respect to keeping them corosion free numerous alloy wheel suppliers responses have been " chrome wheels!! will not last long in the uk"

anybody got any good products they would recommend

cheers Dave :lookaround:

Dear All

I have just ordered 4x spintek spinners in chrome which are basically wheel bolt ons that continue to spin once your car is stationery!!

i would like to know what measures people have taken in respect to keeping them corosion free numerous alloy wheel suppliers responses have been " chrome wheels!! will not last long in the uk"

anybody got any good products they would recommend

cheers Dave :lookaround:

send some pics in

never seen anything like these :blush:

I've seen'em before, someone i know got a set on his 500 series Merc, proper wicked wheels they are.. Look better on the car instead of just viewing the wheel...

tony_hetherington Posted on Jun 18 2003, 01:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never seen these before!?!?

Should think they make one h ell of a noise dont they ? 

Not even a squeak when they are spinning, even when you stop, they just sin silently..

Clem, majority of us here use the Allow Wax, which currently has a special offer from a certain supplier... Only gold members can access it and the recieve the GOLD dicount tho :winky:

they look much better on a car i have seen them on a Escalade on 22's they are weighted with ball bearings when the car is moving forward they skin backwards and look real good!!

anyway i am will be putting them on wolfrace ikon + in chrome will post a picture buy the end of July!!

Last 10 Posts [ In reverse order ]

clem Posted on Jun 18 2003, 01:51 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they look much better on a car i have seen them on a Escalade on 22's they are weighted with ball bearings when the car is moving forward they skin backwards and look real good!!

anyway i am will be putting them on wolfrace ikon + in chrome will post a picture buy the end of July!! 

Agreed on that, what soze you going for and what car/colour is yours?

Never seen the like of 'em before! Assume they don't interfere with the aerodynamics or balancing of the wheel...? Imagine if one came off at (ahem) 70mph! :o

Not my cup of tea, looks like something else to go wrong, and would make cleaning the wheels even harder :blink:

If they were to come apart, then why would one produce them in the first place :whistling:

My mate who's got'em on his Merc, is on the motorway daily, (he's got a very heavy foot) he's had no problems and he's got 20" on..

clem Posted on Jun 18 2003, 02:07 PM

i have owned a W2000 is200 sport / satnav for 3 weeks now. am well happy with the car i will probably go for 18"x 8 ? but how large can i go with out serious arch mods???

Didn't think they did them in 18" :blink:

You'll be able to get 19" on as a few members have them, making sure they are the correct offset, will require a minor arch roll or grinding...

the actual spinner is bolted to your wheel by a spacer that screws into your existing wheel studs.

they are guaranteed within the USA for 3 years, and they do make them in the 18" wheel size for £625

shipping costs to the uk including duty and vat works out at about £200, and if anyone requires any help in imports/exports drop me a line i work within the industry so i have quite a lot of knowledge concerning rates etc

Dave

i seen them on MTV bass and on a bentley arnage before,

they look ace

chrome wheels r the sh*t, aint got the cash for them now though. on my next car i will be gettin some 100% though

post some pics wen u get them mate

Not quite the same, but I have 14 X 7 100 Spoke Dayton Wire wheels as below

3of4(small).jpg

Their not on the IS though obviously!

my advice is to take them off for the winter, otherwise regular cleaning and waxing should be fine (every fortnight or so) avoid Chrome cleaner and wheel cleaner as its abrasive, just wash and then a good wax.

So far they are up to 26" in the states. unreal. :ohmy::crybaby::ohmy:

How utterly useless! (unless of course you can attach blades to them and go racing in river overflow conduits)

reminds me of the days when i was a kid with those little plastic beads people stuck on the spokes of their bikes that went up and down as the wheels turned.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links