Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2001 Or Not 2001

Hey everyone. It seems I'm on the verge of having enough to buy an IS200 Sport but I need your expert opinions.

I've seen great Sports with 20K on the clock for £15k but they're 2000 plates.

I've read after 2001 things got a lot more refined, but a '01 Sport is more costly.

Please could you tell me from your experiences if it's worth me holding out for a '01.

Oh and the newer ones have 3 bars on the grille right?

there were lots of little things that changed, they all make the car better, but they are also all things you could live without, its whether you can justify whether it is worth paying extra for those things

(in my opinion, it is!)

Thanks Supracharged but I can't spend that much.

I read that after '01 things such as the CD player, alloys, paint job and interior were refined..

I just wanted to know if there's a whole lot better about them..

There was a Sept '01 update that introduced a few changes:

- ESP / electronic stability control

- Curtain airbags

- subtle interior trim changes, but not necessarily an improvement IMO

- more?

Nige

I'd say it isn't worth it paying the extra.

The grill looks worse (get the sports grill fitted anyway!), stereo doesn't have as much bass and the paint isn't any better. The improvements to the dash aren't great.

Most people have had the alloys replaced under warranty.

Little things like smoked rear lights and triple jet washers you can change very cheaply.

hang on everyone

the newer ones are much better except for the stereo, here's the list:

the grille is far better than the old one, which was some awful gold colour (you had to have a sport grille with the old one, but not necessary anymore)

both front seats electric

Brake Assist

EBD

Curtain airbags

Better quality materials on dash (not much, but still better)

i'm sure there's more stuff i forgotten, but this gives you an idea of what there is, and most of this stuff can't be added easily

hang on everyone

the newer ones are much better except for the stereo, here's the list:

the grille is far better than the old one, which was some awful gold colour (you had to have a sport grille with the old one, but not necessary anymore)

both front seats electric

Brake Assist

EBD

Curtain airbags

Better quality materials on dash (not much, but still better)

i'm sure there's more stuff i forgotten, but this gives you an idea of what there is, and most of this stuff can't be added easily

hmmm...

I have a 2000...

My orginal grill was fine

Both my front seats are electric

I have brake assist

I dont have EBD or curtain airbags though

you don't like the all black dash? how come no one seems to like that?

i dont think that goldy bit running across the dash was very tasteful in a lexus (in the same way the cream interior should be all cream)

you don't like the all black dash? how come no one seems to like that?

i dont think that goldy bit running across the dash was very tasteful in a lexus (in the same way the cream interior should be all cream)

ive seen less black at at Victorian Funeral

did they do the improvements in bit then, if you have the electric seats and BAS, but no EBD or curtains?

ive seen less black at at Victorian Funeral

haha :lol:

i agree there's lots of black but i prefer to this to the old one

although, ideally, i'd like a bit of aluminium (real, not plastic) across the dash somewhere............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links