Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sportcross

I'm toying with the idea of trading up my IS200 for an IS 200 Sportcross. With 2 kids the boot on my car is soon full of pushchairs, travel cots etc.etc.

Is the boot really any bigger?

Does it drive much differently?

Any trade would ultimately be dependant on me convincing the missus that its not gonna cost me anymore than I'm paying now.

My dealer loaned me a Sportcross when I wanted to test drive the saloon, saying that they were identical to drive. I'd pretty much agree with that. It's only when you look in the mirror and see that the rear windscreen is further away, that you realize ;)

Yes the boot is bigger, but it really comes into it's own with the rear seats folded. (Well, seeing as I had the car for the day, thought I'd clear some stuff out of the loft!) :P

I've heard that is200 sportcross driving is the same of is200 sedan... So you will havent problems... it's not like drive a truck!!! :winky:

But i think the sportcross is not a real SW because it haven't a lot of space and the bagagge is irregular but with a good and useful double hull.

So....

don't worry for the driving experience.... it'like driving a smaller car!

thnk a lot before buy a SW that is not a "Real" SW

IMHO I don't think the Sportcross was meant to be a load-lugging estate, I think it was meant to be a comprimise between looks/driving fun and practicality...

And from reading above, it seems like it handles just like the saloon, but offers more practicality for a family, if not that of a volvo estate...

Here's my unbiased opinion :D

According to the technical specifications - the saloon has boot capacity of 400 litres compared with 343 litres on the Sportcross (with the seats up).

However with the Sportcross, you can probably load 'bulkier' items because of the higher roof line in the boot. Plus you've got the flexibility of the rear split seats - and the front passenger seat folds down for long loads too! :)

A hatchback is probably a more accurate description of the Sportcross as opposed to an estate.

Took an IS200 Sportcross for a test drive - and was shocked at the handling!! Expecting it to drive like a "fat man's cruiser" :yahoo: it handled corners not far off my old nippy VW Polo 16v I was trading in. Surprisingly - I never test drove the saloon version the boot was too small / inflexible for me :yawn:

My only gripe I have with the IS200 Sportcross is that it comes with 16" wheels :angry: Doesn't make sense to me because it has all the other 'Sport' extras - even the SE gets 17" wheels as standard. .... Oh and it could do with an extra 30 Bhp for a bit more grunt.... other than that I'm happy :D

I had the saloon and have now got a sportcross--and I think it's great!!!

Very practical,especially when on a B&Q trip!!!!!!!!(partly the reason for changing)

Get one for an extended test drive,its the only way to see how you feel about it. B)

I have driven one for a fe weeks and it handles just fine, it doesn't look as nice as a saloon IMHO but it is more practical. Apart from the obvious wheels are different ( smaller and different type ), front bumper is different ( a bit lippy sticks out more and I think fogs are different, also speakers slightly different as they are fitted into the sides of the boot area. There is a nice touch where you can drop the boot floor by about four inches if you need a bit more room or leave it high for easier loading.

Hope Lexus will pay me for doing reviews :)

Bonjour Damer,

Expecting a baby in a few, I'm quiet happy to drive a Sport X, the boot is practical, escpecially with the foldable seats. and having a big back door is way easier to access to the boot.

Having before an IS200 I can compare both, except on the engine.

Handling is fine and rafinate, surprising to see how many beemers are stucked on the way :P

Don't throw me tomatoes chapes, but I really prefer the outside shape of the Sport X comparing to the Sedan.

Jan I agree on your description, it's a Hatchback, in french we call it " un break de chasse", meaning a small estate.

For the floor, the 4cm difference doesn't serve much, I always let the boot at the lowest position.

Try it & compare it to others, I'm sure you will enjoy it

@d'taleur

Vince

PS: driving a Sport X is definitly driving different

Thanks for all that. Will try and pop to my local dealer at the weekend & ask for a test drive. Will let you know what I think.

You know i secretly like them!! :ph34r: In black, tints all round, some choice wheels and a lowering kit = one sexy looking Sport X.

They look good as standard, but the above really goes well with it!! B)

Oh I have to reply to this one.

I've just brought back my JDM Altezza Gita 3l back to the UK; it went through it's SVA today.... (failed 'cos it doesn't have front pop up light washers, how crappy is that!, but there's always next week).

Anyway, the car came back on a ferry, and when properly loaded with the rear seats down, it came with:

Solid 3'x3' Computer desk

Monitor stand

Concept II Rowing Machine

2 cased air rifles

1 x windsurf sail + accessories

Boogie Board

Remote Control helicopter

100 cds (nicely hidden under false rear floor)

Collection of IT reference books

1 suitcase

So now you know. It holds a sh!t load of stuff!

And as for my opinions on the sportcross....

Not only has it plenty of space for a couple with no kids, but the F-R weight distribution is even better than the sedan due to the heavier rear, making for even sweeter handling on the curves.

The only thing I HAD to change were the sway bars, which give too much roll. With my US imported L-tuned sways, the difference is unbelievable.

I'm basically psyched waiting for my Sportcross to get through the SVA, we've been parted for 4 months now and it feels like it felt when I first got the car last year.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Still toying with the idea of a sport X but comparing specs is it right that the Saloon has a bigger boot?? 400l as opposed to 343l?? Most of the time it would be driven with 2 kids seats in the back so seats wouldn't often be put down. Use the wifes fiat for trips to the tip. :D

Not really worth a change is the "normal" boot is actually smaller.

Still toying with the idea of a sport X but comparing specs is it right that the Saloon has a bigger boot?? 400l as opposed to 343l??

The saloon may have a bigger boot but it's not all usable. The boot hinges take up so much room (which is the same in the GS). I also think the 343l is with the boot liner in place so if you retract that you will have alot more space without having to fold the seats.

Mat, would be a great pleasure to come to JAE, and finally meet all of you, but will be father soon (really soon) so impossible for me, anyway, we could manage a meeting in Belgium or north of France one day ;)

@d'taleur

Vince

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links