Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dead Man Tells His Story

javadude

A guy from New Zealand was stung 5 times by a box jellyfish and died. He was sent back and now travels around the world telling his story. He's in the area at the moment - my church managed to get some dates on his tour - so if you're interested in hearing his story and live near Reading or Aldershot then here are the details of the talks he's holding:

Thursday 17th July 7.30pm

Grovelands Christian Centre

553 Oxford Road

Reading

Friday 18th July 7.30pm

Connaught Leisure Centre

Tongham Road (Off Lower Farnham Road)

Aldershot

Maps - http://www.mycgiserver.com/~cjlack/grovela...lands/where.htm

Did you know....

If you became entangled in the tenticles of a box jellyfish, it would inject you with enough venom to kill 30 men..

It lives solely on tiny shrimp (which don't exaclty need incapacitating) and has no known predators..

Why it is so venomous is a mystery...

Wish I was closer, Javadude.

the only time I get to talk to the living dead, is when I have to go into the office. and then they are only dead from the neck up.

Sorry :P

Loz

Would have like to come as I miss Church, finding one without long hands would be a miricale though...

EVERY church or likeminded organisation I have found has wanted to dip into my pockets at some point or other. they seem to seek out people that would be good ambasadors for the organisation and then like a mobile phone salesman, start talking about tieing up any income for the foreseeable future.

So indictment on yourself, J'Dude. Don't know you and never met you. just a snippet of my experience. I enjoy bible readings and fellowship like the next guy, but not if its all pretence to facilitate the cosy existence of some would-be spiritual leaders...

Loz

sorry to take this :offtopic: but you asked.

cosy existence of some would-be spiritual leaders

Yea makes me so mad too. There are some preoccupied with wealth especially in the states but mostly being a church leader means low income and long hours. One of our three elders has income from the church and earns 1/4 what I do.

We don't want people's money. We just want them to come along as they are, think about what they believe and where they stand with G.o.d and hopefully make a commitment to believe in him, repent and accept him as lord of their life.

We do it because he changed our lives for the better and we want other people to experience it too. A bit like "hey I drive a lexus - it's really good to drive, reliable etc - you should get one too."

Wish there were more like you Javadude.

up here (i wont name and shame churches) they seem to be like Amway reps!

"hey, you're great why don't you come meet my friend"

"hey you're great why don't you come to a bible reading?"

"hey, you're great, wanna come back some more?"

"HEy you're great! WHy don't you make a commitment to the church?"

"Hey, you're great, just don't challenge our modern way of doing things!"

"Hey, you're a tight bar steward if you don't give X% of your income to us!"

"Hey, Where are you going?"

all too familiar. not happend to me for a few years though. guess I don;t stop and talk to people like I used to...

Loz (I digress)

Ps. Great analogy with the car!

A friend of mine who is a member of an American Evangelican church tried to get me to give up alcohol..........

Why? :huh: :duh: There's nothing in the bible about giving up alcohol (although those with an alcohol problem find it helps to go zero). :o :) Phew - just as well - I like the odd beer now and again. It just says not to get drunk. (The buzz from being zapped with the holy spirit is far better anyway. :winky: )

A guy from New Zealand was stung 5 times by a box jellyfish and died. He was sent back and now travels around the world telling his story

how's he telling his story if he died? :question:

He survived an attack by the most venomous creature on this planet...

I don't know the exact details.... why not go along and find out?

Hence why he's telling his story!

You can be techincally dead for a period of time and recover, or is this a person who 'claims' (sorry to be skeptical) to be a re-incarnation of the person who died from being stung by a box jellyfish ?

g.o.d is that than which none greater can be concieved, etc,, etc, etc....

g.o.d is that than which none greater can be concieved, etc,, etc, etc....

ahem... getting a bit profound there buddy!

Reckon this bloke who survived has been pretty fortunate and has seen his reason for being as that of an apostle. Cant fault him for that.

Box Jellyfish. worse than your average Mother-in-law!

Loz

A guy from New Zealand was stung 5 times by a box jellyfish and died. He was sent back and now travels around the world telling his story

was thinking tha same thing !

He survived an attack by the most venomous creature on this planet...

I don't know the exact details.... why not go along and find out?

Hence why he's telling his story!

sorry not interested don't believe in g.o.d. i was just curious how a dead man could be touring the uk.

erm... well I guess he survived.. if you look at rhaines post he outlines the probable situation..

This is not a religous discussion [it's not even my thread]... we were simply discussing this man who survived a Box Jellyfish sting... which is pretty impressive.

well there's more religous discussion on this thread than there is about the box jelly fish and i was only replying to your reply to my previous post.

it is also clear that the tour will be for religous and financial benefit not to talk about jellyfish

if you'd like to help

If you feel lead to support the ministry financially we certainly do appreciate it. If you do feel to send us a love gift, please send it in the form of either a cheque or money order to the following address:-

Ian McCormack

Old Thatch

School Lane

Barcombe

East Sussex

BN8 5DS

United Kingdom

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links