Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Loz Does A Track Day!

Loz

Well today at croft was a scream, in sooo many ways!

I set off in the CRX meeting Ultraviolet and co en route for a convoy to croft, Darlington. Plan for the day is briefing followed by sighting laps and then sessions all day on the hour 20 mins at a time. SIMPLE.

Firstly the sighting laps were pretty cool after the drivers briefing. Then the first club session. I was pretty quick only being passed by 2 out of 15 cars both of whom had 60+ BHP advantage.. I managed to pass a hand full of cars (Scooby turbo, couple of CRXs BMW Compact, Prelude) I was having a whale of a time until I noticed my temp gauge in the red, DEEP in the red!

Came in with a few laps to go and cooled her down emptied the rad ( gunked up with some radweld we think) and filled with water for a flush, thinking Id get the crud out and then fill with coolant. NO SIREE! she was basically out for the count so, with my NEVER SAY DIE hat on I came home and got the big car out! made it back up to Croft for 2 sessions the 3pm and 4pm sessions and had a scream wallowing around the track respectably quick for a big fat auto. second session I had a passenger from the club and made him sick. he'd been out before and got a bit i'll but I made the guy throw up. had to pull into the pits and let him out. still snuck out and got another lap in before cool down.

Bottom line is these days are great. I have never seen the tread roll off a set of tyres like this since I had raced motorbikes. they were ragged as UltraViolet will confirm. I was not caning it in the lexus but I had a bloody great time of it! the CRX slid all over the shop as would be expected. it was bags of fun and I would deffo give it another try. the Lexus was also great though. I reckon with a set of lowered firmed up Eibachs ( 35mm drop ) it would be pretty respectable for what it is.

And I did get a few hand shakes for being dumb enough to take it on track. it did get some funny looks. best of all in the second session I was passing cars! (only the BMW and Ultra Violet who was backing off, oh, and the Scooby turbo!)

So when are you lot gonna sign up for a track day. Rolling road is almost sorted. and thats great but all it says is what the car can do. Why don't we find out we WE can do with an open track and nothing but space and opportunity. There are rules to stop any stupid behaviour so the Nazis that wanted to rewrite the gokarting book will be happy. there is almost NO chance of car to car contact. so lets give it a go!!!

Loz :zee:

Loz...

I think with 40 views and not a single response you'll have to face up to the fact that Lexus boys, are more into their Meguirs and wax rather than showing people that they can actually be driven.

Trackdays are superb and if your on a club ONLY event very safe as you know that everyone else on track will respect their car and those of others, unfortunately a lot of people would rather build faster cars but not actually drive them in a controlled environment with the high speeds, when people play on the roads but not on track it does seema tad silly....

When the calliper's sorted, I'll be popping out again and am sure we can get a few others to join in from TOC as they seem to be more willing to do track days....

Glad you enjoyed it and now have the bug :D :D :D

Sounds like you had a blast! :)

Must admit, would be interesting to see what the ol' girl would do round the track, & been meaning to do a track day on the bike for about the last 5 years - just never seem to get off my butt and do it :blush:

Loz...

I think with 40 views and not a single response you'll have to face up to the fact that Lexus boys, are more into their Meguirs and wax rather than showing people that they can actually be driven.

Some may be but not all, I can bet that myself & at c will be on the track when both the cars are finished and I would imagine Zee and a few others would be up for it?

Si :P

Si,

Would love to be there and see that :) Not being skeptical but will wait for the day the others join in on track , even if it is pirely club members :)

I would lovemto see the turbo'd beasty flying around track.....

When you say C do you mean Combe ??

Loz...

Glad you enjoyed it and now have the bug :D :D :D

zee zee he is having a go at you!!!!

:zee: go get him

he is taking the mick out of you :mat:

myself & at c will be on the track when both the cars are finished

You do not need to modify your car to enjoy it. Seriously, you don't need a fast car, or even a sport one - you can have fun in just about anything.

A track day is not a race. No-one cares who is driving quickest - it is only about fun and putting a huge grin on your face. You may also learn more about your car too. In fact - for those considering modding but haven't yet.... do a track day first - you will then learn which parts of your car (if any) are the limiting factors!

One chap who was at Croft on Saturday had bought his car 2 weeks ago - stock - a day thrashing it and he knows the weakest link is brakes. Second weakest is dampers. But that isn't the case with all cars....... I did my first track day with my CRX when it was stock - weakest link was the tyres.

We did try to get interest for Donington and there was lots of responses of 'I'd be interested' until price was mentioned...... so I'll be honest - I'll still believe it when I see it! I know a couple of Lexus owners that will give it a go - but I have serious doubts that you'll be able to get enough together for a full Lexus session........ Go on then - prove me wrong! :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links