Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Premium Unleaded Fuel

Thanks Supercharged. Talking about tuned, I took my IS200 to a performance tuner wanting to get a unichip ... but the guy said that with this car, the problem is the cat convertors... I am better off changing the entire exhaust system including the cats... which will give me at least 15 % more power. What do u think? I was thinking the chip will be easier...I love the lex except that I am puzzled why it has only 114kw ?

:zee: Resolver

from past experience..... i won't go for unichip..... it f**ked up my car... it make my is200 keep stalling at the traffic light

i just got my custom make header done, the car have much more power than b4.

but i don't know is it because my car is automatic, i fell the car sometime is abit sluggish....... i don't get that sudden rush to the redline when i floor the gas paddle..... its just go up to the rev limiter slowly and drop back down to the next gear.

i am planning to get the emanage install after the 80000km service...

i will post the dyno result when i get them

The UNichip is only as good as the engineer weho installed it. I have seen a number of cars running the Unichip successfully and experienced a good increase after installation.

As the Unichip is mapped to the individual car if it is not mapped correctly you will experience problems which is why it is important to have the chip installed only at a reputable location such as Owen Developments...

Back the fuel topic.

If you want 20% increase in performance without too much fannying around. Buy some 106 octane fuel. use it on a 3:1 ratio optimax:106 and see your performance race up by a wopping margin! its like race car fuel. er.... well it is race car fuel :whistling:

£39 for 10 litres

Gotta be the cheapest wa to performance and when you want your economy back on that long run you have to make, just fill the tank with 95 ron and be back to normal! simple.

:zee:

you can improve the pre cats by removing them

Mat,

Is there a simple way to remove them, and is it still legal after there gone?

I heard the precats are only there to absorb engine gasses during the "Warm-up" period.Is this correct?

So if they're removed, when it comes to MOT time, you take it to the garage after the engine has warmed up, that way they won't be able to detect any change.(hoping that they do the MOT straight away and not let the car cool down)

I heard the precats are only there to absorb engine gasses during the "Warm-up" period.Is this correct?

So if they're removed, when it comes to MOT time, you take it to the garage after the engine has warmed up.

Not easy without cutting them out.

I thought about grabbing another downpipe from a breaker to gut.

MOT should be fine...

Has to be conducted with engine at running temperature.

They should replace your dipstick with a temp probe for the test.

you can improve the pre cats by removing them

Mat,

So if they're removed, when it comes to MOT time, you take it to the garage after the engine has warmed up, that way they won't be able to detect any change.(hoping that they do the MOT straight away and not let the car cool down)

my car got through its MOT without the pre-cats and with all the other work done to it

The UNichip is only as good as the engineer weho installed it. I have seen a number of cars running the Unichip successfully and experienced a good increase after installation.

As the Unichip is mapped to the individual car if it is not mapped correctly you will experience problems which is why it is important to have the chip installed only at a reputable location such as Owen Developments...

I can further back this claim,, 1.5 months ago i had the unichip fitted via TDi (and at the same time, exhaust and induction) ,, and straight away i noticed it was smoother through the rev range, was quicker getting there and just a better car, so far no problems.

Optimax is 99 ron

removal of the pre-cats is not stipulated in law as they are only PRE CATS

its not even illegal to remove the main cat, but the car must be able to pass a MOT or roadside snap check

the pre cats only adjust the emmision untill the main cat warms up

lets have a chat about catalytic converters.

the idea of a cat was thought of many moons ago when cars ran with carbs.....and when Leaded fuel was changed to unleaded

it was decided that for unleaded fuels to be used and the best way to help the enviroment was the fittment of cats.

now goverments,oil companys and green activists got involved first in the US then all of europe decided that as of a certain date.....in the future......all cars will be fitted with cats

while it took the manufacturers nearly 15 years to perfect the cat, engine technology advanced somewhat.

actually making cats defunt the moment they are fitted!!!

the engine of a medern car CAN NOT produce the HydroCarbons that a cat is made to remove.

the average life span of a cat is 5-10 years...guess what, it takes on average 5- 10 years for a "modern engine" to become so worn that its emmisions are affected...

so..conclusion is.

the reason we have cats, is because the motor industry didnt inform goverments about the fast development of clean engines.....governments were to slow in not implkementing a law that is both pointless and burocratic

a cat is technically not required by a medern car....untill it is at least 5 years old :geek:

I thought Optimax was 98. That explains it. I always see a difference when I use the usual 98 in Europe as I haven't seen an Optimax on the mainland yet. First thing I do when I get into the UK is to branch into the Shell station on the A20 (Sidcup Road, I think) and fill it up.

I heard a few months ago that Germany had 100 RON. Is it all over the country. The closest German town to me is Trier. Saarbrucken aint far either but to be honest, I have never bought gas in Germany since Lux has the cheapest in Europe.

But may be tempted to have a go if it's not a long drive.

On my way to JAE I filled up with Optimax, at JAE Wildrnes came over asking for £3 to buy me some additive stuff to make the car run even better....brilliant, certainly made the car kick - must have been like running on 100 Ron :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links