Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back From Holiday And Guess How Many Ls400 I Saw?

Got back from a lovely week in Wales. Drove from Cheshire to Cardigan and back, and around the local tourist spots and beaches etc whilst there, and guess how many LS400 I saw? Just the one, and that was my friend in Crewe (just a mile or two from my house)! Still, having driven my wife's Chevrolet for a week it was lovely to get back into the LS400 even if it was just to reverse it off the drive! Happy new year to you all!

Not many LS's round here either. Nice cars but I couldn't justify another 4L + engine anymore.

Not many Lexus's round here at all tbh.

Everybody seems to buy French mpv ugly things round here....

I also see very few Lexus where I live. The most common Lex I see on the roads are RX's or second gen IS.

There's a M reg LS400 in the next street to me. Looks in good nick, don't know if it belongs to a member but always needs a wash! :whistling:

I also see a gold LS400 on a private plate most mornings on my way to work, elderly lady. There's also a blue SC430 round here I see a lot.

It was one of the reasons I bought a Lexus tho, the exclusivity! I can go days where I live without seeing another IS200 and people with limited car knowledge ask what it is :)

There's a GS300 a few streets from me but that's about it.

There used to be quite a lot of 400's and 300's about in Holland when I was still living there but the 200 was pretty rare as it had just been out a couple of years before I moved to the UK.

Come to Birmingham guys, you will.see a good few lexus ls, and gs near where i live. I know one guy who collects celsiors, hes got about 4, another guy i see around has a 98 ls400 in good condition aswell, loads of gs300 around, and i mean loads, i myself on my 2nd ls430 having had 4 mk4 ls400's that i consider is a better car than the 430 simply because its quieter and smoother, so im looking now for another mk4 ls400 to do a deal with my 2001 ls430. But there are loads in birmingham.

same here, only mine in our local area, seen one other ls430 since ownership 3 months ago and i am looking out for them, got a quick look at the rear of a ls400 the other day or did i dream that ///

it does get some looks though either there thinking what is that, or what is that driving it LOL.

Happy new year all.

because the car is 10 year old and quite rare around here i thought i would complement it with a 10 year old rare watch to wear,

tomandbreitling008.jpg

A mint 10 year old Breitling B1 with rare UTC (the little watch underneath) they stopped making it in 2006 and there like hens teeth so are the end links witch attach the UTC to the bracelet, it's on original fighter bracelet full box papers just back from breitling service not that it needed it as it was a safe queen.

i have the original price list and catalog from 2001/2 and it would have cost £1595.00 for the watch and £600.00 for the UTC, so i guess a Boeing pilot could have drove a lexus and owned the watch, with it's 4 different time zones available simultaneously on one watch.

note to self must go and see my shrink in the new year.LOL

breitlingB1UTC004.jpg

. Breitling introduced the quartz movement in the 70's to combat japan's quartz revolution on watch movements which where flooding the market with more accurate and reliable watches, a bit like there cars

the 120Y for instance.

Come to Birmingham guys, you will.see a good few lexus ls, and gs near where i live. I know one guy who collects celsiors, hes got about 4, another guy i see around has a 98 ls400 in good condition aswell, loads of gs300 around, and i mean loads, i myself on my 2nd ls430 having had 4 mk4 ls400's that i consider is a better car than the 430 simply because its quieter and smoother, so im looking now for another mk4 ls400 to do a deal with my 2001 ls430. But there are loads in birmingham.

I wouldn't mind having a chat with the Celsior collector, is he a club member?

Hi Steve

Nah hes not a club member. He cant even speak.English properly. I had a celsior not so long ago. It was a black T reg with only 39000 miles on it. I put it up on eBay and you wont believe it, but i got £3000 for it.

A mint 10 year old Breitling B1 with rare UTC (the little watch underneath) they stopped making it in 2006 and there like hens teeth so are the end links witch attach the UTC to the bracelet, it's on original fighter bracelet full box papers just back from breitling service not that it needed it as it was a safe queen.

Lovely watch. I used to have a Navitimer Olympus with the perpetual movement and moonphase. It only need setting once every four years (I think). Unfortunately I didn't own it that long as it had to sell it to sort out a large and unexpected vet's bill. But I do like the Breitling brand so perhaps one day I will own another one. Enjoy your new acquisition!

Back to the cars for a moment, I have seen a couple of LS400 here in south Cheshire but, like someone else commented, it is nice to own a car that isn't too common. I have had more people come up and talk to me about mine than pretty much any other car I or my wife has owned.

same here, only mine in our local area, seen one other ls430 since ownership 3 months ago and i am looking out for them, got a quick look at the rear of a ls400 the other day or did i dream that ///

it does get some looks though either there thinking what is that, or what is that driving it LOL.

Happy new year all.

because the car is 10 year old and quite rare around here i thought i would complement it with a 10 year old rare watch to wear,

tomandbreitling008.jpg

i have the original price list and catalog from 2001/2 and it would have cost £1595.00 for the watch and £600.00 for the UTC, so i guess a Boeing pilot could have drove a lexus and owned the watch, with it's 4 different time zones available simultaneously on one watch.

breitlingB1UTC004.jpg

. Breitling introduced the quartz movement in the 70's to combat japan's quartz revolution on watch movements which where flooding the market with more accurate and reliable watches, a bit like there cars

the 120Y for instance.

There is no doubting your passion for the Breitling watch but can you explain to me what it actually is that fuels that passion? Mike

Lovely watch. I used to have a Navitimer Olympus with the perpetual movement and moonphase. It only need setting once every four years (I think). Unfortunately I didn't own it that long as it had to sell it to sort out a large and unexpected vet's bill. But I do like the Breitling brand so perhaps one day I will own another one. Enjoy your new acquisition!

Back to the cars for a moment, I have seen a couple of LS400 here in south Cheshire but, like someone else commented, it is nice to own a car that isn't too common. I have had more people come up and talk to me about mine than pretty much any other car I or my wife has owned.

Welcome back from your hols.

I too often get people come and talk to me about the car especially when she is all nice and clean and its amazing how many people think at first that its a Mercedes. I always quickly point out that this is a quality luxury car and unlike Mercedes never goes wrong.

I have met a chap in Woodley Reading with a MK3 LS400 on maroon and have told him about this group which is always a big help should the odd problem arise. I don't think he has joined though, if you have and your reading this say hello to us all.

Happy Lexus New Year to all Lexus owners. Mike

I too went away for the hols 1000 mile round trip to north Devon from Scotland .The difference in driving the old Mark 1 which I did for years and the Mark 4 I aqquired this year is light years.

No problems going down ,heavy rain between Manchester and Bristol, just got in the outside lane and shoved it, the spray slow down signs keep the lesser mortals away from the superior road holding and all round vision of the big Lexus and the number of people who were driving with their windows steamed up and no lights on beggars belief.

500 miles in eight hours including the 60 mph limited M5 jct27 to Barnstaple.

Traffic heavier coming back a few knobheads who think because they are doing seventy they have bought the outside lane.

Glad I only go down twice a year.

Happy new year everybody.

By the way I only saw three Lexus no 400s.

I too went away for the hols 1000 mile round trip to north Devon from Scotland .The difference in driving the old Mark 1 which I did for years and the Mark 4 I aqquired this year is light years.

No problems going down ,heavy rain between Manchester and Bristol, just got in the outside lane and shoved it, the spray slow down signs keep the lesser mortals away from the superior road holding and all round vision of the big Lexus and the number of people who were driving with their windows steamed up and no lights on beggars belief.

500 miles in eight hours including the 60 mph limited M5 jct27 to Barnstaple.

Traffic heavier coming back a few knobheads who think because they are doing seventy they have bought the outside lane.

Glad I only go down twice a year.

Happy new year everybody.

By the way I only saw three Lexus no 400s.

Not only the outside lane but the middle lane as well. Mike

Got back from a lovely week in Wales. Drove from Cheshire to Cardigan and back, and around the local tourist spots and beaches etc whilst there, and guess how many LS400 I saw? Just the one, and that was my friend in Crewe (just a mile or two from my house)! Still, having driven my wife's Chevrolet for a week it was lovely to get back into the LS400 even if it was just to reverse it off the drive! Happy new year to you all!

Never thought about the idea of Lexus spotting, in the small town I love in (Stroud Valleys), a fair few Lexus across the range, at least 4 of the Mk1 LS 400 in town (some in good nick -others a bit tatty).

I still say everyone should have LS400 - cheapest car I have ever run, so MPG not much above 26mpg, but service costs as next to nothing, nothing much goes wrong (touch wood), and a great ride.

Next door neighbour with a Mazda 5 (90K miles v. my 130K) spent over 2.5K on it 2 years in a row with all ths issues of DPF filters in diesels, and the wear and tear issues you get on non-luxury vehicle.

Makes sense to spend £2K on a used LS400 and not worry about cost of filling up.

My previous LS400 (MK2) cost £0 for 4 years on maintenance (other than usual tyres and stuff), so hoping this Mk4 (which is superior to MK2) will be the same.

Never thought about the idea of Lexus spotting, in the small town I love in (Stroud Valleys), a fair few Lexus across the range, at least 4 of the Mk1 LS 400 in town (some in good nick -others a bit tatty).

I still say everyone should have LS400 - cheapest car I have ever run, so MPG not much above 26mpg, but service costs as next to nothing, nothing much goes wrong (touch wood), and a great ride.

Next door neighbour with a Mazda 5 (90K miles v. my 130K) spent over 2.5K on it 2 years in a row with all ths issues of DPF filters in diesels, and the wear and tear issues you get on non-luxury vehicle.

Makes sense to spend £2K on a used LS400 and not worry about cost of filling up.

My previous LS400 (MK2) cost £0 for 4 years on maintenance (other than usual tyres and stuff), so hoping this Mk4 (which is superior to MK2) will be the same.

The right way to think. Happy New Lexus Year to you. Mike

Happy new year all.

tomandbreitling008.jpg

breitlingB1UTC004.jpg

the 120Y for instance.

There is no doubting your passion for the Breitling watch but can you explain to me what it actually is that fuels that passion? Mike

Hi for the same reason i like certain cars, they way they are engineered and designed, the way they are put together, there history,

not the best video but gives a good enough impression, Not only Breitling but Rolex,AP,JLC are all made to the best possible standards now Seiko have gone one better for the automatic and called it the spring drive the quiet revolution (trust the japs) and these watches retail about 2k 5.5k

my Breitling automatic runs at 28,800 VPH (vibrations per hour) 480 ticks every min and is purely mechanical, the spring drive is what you could term a hybred automatic quartz and has a continuous movement.

so in many ways like Lexus design engineering precision and quality, just a snippet into my passion for all watches + if you buy at the right price you will never loose money and they very often gain in value.

hope this helps

I think there is a good comparison to draw between these cars and high end automatic watches too. My wife gave me a beautiful automatic watch for my 40th birthday and I've worn it pretty much every day since. It has never missed a beat and, when it has gone for a service in a couple of years time, will come back looking as good as new. Every day I get enjoyment from looking at, and listening to, my watch. It is a engineering marvel and a piece of artwork too. The design and attention to detail is astonishing.

Many of the same attributes are shared by our cars which are, I guess, the automotive equivalent of an older Breitling or Rolex. Fantastically engineered, with a great design and consummate realiability, they are definitely for the connoisseur and can also be appreciated every day. I suppose the one difference is that I can't take my Lexus back to the dealership and get the original money back! I can do that with my watch. There aren't many things that hold their vaue so well (Steinway pianos might I guess), but the best enjoyment to be had is living with and enjoying these luxury objects whatever their financial value.

I think there is a good comparison to draw between these cars and high end automatic watches too. My wife gave me a beautiful automatic watch for my 40th birthday and I've worn it pretty much every day since. It has never missed a beat and, when it has gone for a service in a couple of years time, will come back looking as good as new. Every day I get enjoyment from looking at, and listening to, my watch. It is a engineering marvel and a piece of artwork too. The design and attention to detail is astonishing.

Many of the same attributes are shared by our cars which are, I guess, the automotive equivalent of an older Breitling or Rolex. Fantastically engineered, with a great design and consummate realiability, they are definitely for the connoisseur and can also be appreciated every day. I suppose the one difference is that I can't take my Lexus back to the dealership and get the original money back! I can do that with my watch. There aren't many things that hold their vaue so well (Steinway pianos might I guess), but the best enjoyment to be had is living with and enjoying these luxury objects whatever their financial value.

Most Fender, Gibson and National guitars, (there are many more branded guitars which also keep their value with healthy annual rises) good as gold bars. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links