Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear View When Reversing

Having bought my IS200 a couple of months back I have noticed and also been advised by the other half that the rear view is quite tricky when reversing. I am 6ft tall and can not see the top lip of the end of the boot through the rear view.

I am considering having the parking sensors fitted and have been quoted £280 fitted by a local dealer. Do people think this is a decent price? Also, I wondered whether fitting the rear spoiler would help the problem as you may be able to see the top lip of the spoiler through the mirror - anyone found this who has had a spoiler fitted and also what are the costs of adding the spoiler?

Comments much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

I'm 6' tall and had the same problem with my previous car, an IS 200SE Auto - couldn't see where the boot ended :duh:

The IS300 & IS200 Sport have a rear lip spoiler as standard - rounds the back of the car off nicely and helps with parking too as you can see! Chris is the pricing guru...

Lex_rearlip.jpg

(Sorry, not a good picture - combination of a bright sun, silver colour and being a rubbish photographer!)

£280 for sensors fitted by your dealer ain't a bad price, and you could get Gold discount if you joined up. Alternatively, there's sensors available from Quanan and instructions in the forums on how to fit them - cheapest option by far (but still worth going Gold!) :)

stevep and others,

Cameras all all very well but they cannot indicate distance to an obstruction.

Any opportunity for a plug! We have sold several QUANAN Q2030S systems to Club members and so far as I know all are delighted. The drill-through sensors are easily sprayed to bumper colour and the ideal place for the digital display unit on the IS is on the B-pillar above the passenger's seat-belt mounting.

The QUANAN is discounted to GOLD members at £110 delivered and take around an hour to fit.

Further information from www.cleargate.co.uk or 0870 729 3949.

How close to you need to get to the thing behind though! Surely its just for an indication?

Parking sensors are just that too, as when you get down to a certain distance they just constantly beep!

Cameras all all very well but they cannot indicate distance to an obstruction.

depends, if you overlay a "distance grid" onto the screen then .......

Doesnt the object get bigger the closer you get to it...

Thanks for all the post people - not sure what to do now?! Not sure I trust myself with a drill against the bumper of my 2mth old IS200 so if I do decide on the sensors I think it will be a dealer fit.

Cheers anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links