Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Finaly Got One

Well after test driving an IS200 and a IS300 I finaly managed to find the car I wanted.

I managed to buy on private sale a Platinum Ice IS200 SE Auto with SAT NAV. It is on a 52 plate with 11,000 miles and cost me about 18,000.

I picked it up late Thursday and then spent all of Friday in it driving the 52 miles to Knebworth to take the wife to see Robbie Williams - this took 5 1/2 hours and then it took me 5 1/2 hours to get back. So on my first full day of ownership I spent about 12 1/2 hours in the car (I had to pick my mate up who had broken down before leaving so that took another 1.5 hours!)

I totaly love the car !

Just off to sign up for the Gold Membership now

:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks Matt

Just purchased my Gold membership here, and a Gold key ring from eBay B)

Quick question, and I have tried search, can anyone tell me what the latest version of the DVD for the SAT NAV should be?

The guy I bought the car from had it delivered from new in December last year, but the SAT NAV DVD says 2001 ?

Cheers

Welcome & congrats on a fine choice of car! :)

My first Lex was an '02 IS200SE Auto Navigator in..... Platinum Ice - beautiful car. Only tips are to watch those alloys for corrosion, and keep an eye on the inside edge of the front tyres for excessive wear!

The latest version of the DVD disk for the sat nav is "2002 Ver.1" which was released in September last year according to Lexusinfo@lexuscontactcentre.co.uk. The original disk was Ver 1.0 (January 2001). Now for the scary part..... dealer says the cost of the new DVD disk is around £400 :yack:

Incidentally, even though the system claims to be able to locate your destination from the phone number, I've yet to find a phone number it recognizes! :blink:

Welcome to the club mate :)

...and congratulations on purchasing your new motor.

I've had mine for just over a year now and I get just as excited driving it now as I did when I first bought it. :P

Do you have any piccies to show us? B)

I shall be taking some pictures at the weekend after I have given it a good clean.

Thanks one and all for the info about the new DVD, I think I may have to invest in that as I travel around London quite a bit and the roads there have changed a bit in the last few years.

I am now officialy a Gold member so I hope my Logo will show up on the left now ! :zee:

Just to say HELLO too :)

Before you go out and buy another NAV CD/DVD, try to find out how "Up to date" it actually is. You might find it better to wait for the next one. (Just a thought :) )

Just to say HELLO too :)

Before you go out and buy another NAV CD/DVD, try to find out how "Up to date" it actually is. You might find it better to wait for the next one. (Just a thought :) )

Yeah... after all you don't want her telling you your in a field when looking for a hotel now do you :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links