Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I'm thinking of doing the same, but the miles I do (Maybe 8k a year or so max) it would take years just to break even..

Mind you its all savings after that, unless of course our illustrious leaders decide to hammer gas prices like they have the other two main fuels.

Is gas better at short urban journeys or long runs for saving some cash?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I dont know if youve noticed but the mafia have slowly put gas prices up. I remember when it was around the 35p mark. They soon caught on and thought, hold on, alot of people are converting to lpg, i know what we'll do, we'll put the prices up slowly. Maybe they wont notice.

I remember the Govt of the day saying that it would equalise the value of LPG to that of petrol.

And that's what's happening, albeit slowly at the moment.

It's an easy revenue earner for the Govt. don't expect them not to maximise their tax take at some time ( soon )

Malc

Well I dont know if youve noticed but the mafia have slowly put gas prices up. I remember when it was around the 35p mark. They soon caught on and thought, hold on, alot of people are converting to lpg, i know what we'll do, we'll put the prices up slowly. Maybe they wont notice.

People said that to me 16 years ago when I was paying 30p a litre for LPG and petrol around 65p I am know paying 65p a litre for LPG with petrol around 140p a litre. (whos the winner there)

The Government would really look stupid if they upped the price of LPG in the way you suggest because one of the other things to remember with LPG is that you get nothing like the pollution from the exhaust as you do with both petrol and diesel. The other thing to remember is that LPG is so much kinder to your engine than the other two propellants. As most of us look at keeping our cars for many years rather than the odd year or two it makes good sense to convert. All my family cars have been converted over the past 16 years and I am laughing all the way to the bank. Mike

sounds like a good plan: hike lpg prices = makes less appealing + longer to recoup conversion costs = less fellows having conversions done = less business for the lpg converters = less lpg converted cars on the road = less lpg fuel sales

I'm thinking of doing the same, but the miles I do (Maybe 8k a year or so max) it would take years just to break even..

Mind you its all savings after that, unless of course our illustrious leaders decide to hammer gas prices like they have the other two main fuels.

Is gas better at short urban journeys or long runs for saving some cash?

With LPG at its current cost and doing your mileage your payback will be a year so for free after that.

Thats interesting Steve. Thanks mate.

So if a decent installation is say £1400, and i do 8000 miles a year it would pay for itself in that year? Thats a lot better than i figured.

I will have to do a bit of studying on the figures as i really have no idea how to work out any possible savings.

Will look for LPG threads here and see what i can figure out.

Nice one Steve, thanks for that info mate, its appreciated.

Looks like we will be taking a run to Leeds or Welsh Wales then isnt it!

I had mine done in Leeds made a really good job very pleased with it.

What is the one in Leeds called? I think the one in Wales is called Mint Lpg.

The Welsh LPG outfit is called Profess and I cant sing their praises enough having had 3 cars now converted by them Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links