Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

No advisories Only cor this car is mint can't believe its done 150k. Had the chance to have a good rummage underneath really clean no play in the bushes. chuffed going to seal it all this summer.

It was MOT day for me, too, today. Result: three passes in three years with no work necessary, and no advisories. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. After all, it's 15 years old and has done 148,000. In the circumstances I was to happy to pay for an oil change and a replacement rear number plate lamp bulb.

It was MOT day for me, too, today. Result: three passes in three years with no work necessary, and no advisories. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. After all, it's 15 years old and has done 148,000. In the circumstances I was to happy to pay for an oil change and a replacement rear number plate lamp bulb.

Way to go, happy motoring. Mike

:crying::crying::crying::crying: Bad News:Mine went in for it's M.O.T. last Thursday--Failed,exhaust system blowing at the Cats.So I said ok fix her cause I need it to go to Scotland for a few days, Lexus don't hold the parts so they order them from Lexus U.K. they gave me a 03/200 to use, we came back monday as the Lexi would be ready"WRONG" the ERC what ever that is, knackerd,and a new one is required so she is still in the garage( when I told SWMBO ) that the Lexi would be sold and I was going to buy an Is200 the reply was if you do you will be the only one using it because she will not be going in it,not after the experience with the loan car. So it looks like we keep the loarn car for a bit longer.I am now suffering withdrawl symptoms.

:crying::crying::crying::crying: Bad News:Mine went in for it's M.O.T. last Thursday--Failed,exhaust system blowing at the Cats.So I said ok fix her cause I need it to go to Scotland for a few days, Lexus don't hold the parts so they order them from Lexus U.K. they gave me a 03/200 to use, we came back monday as the Lexi would be ready"WRONG" the ERC what ever that is, knackerd,and a new one is required so she is still in the garage( when I told SWMBO ) that the Lexi would be sold and I was going to buy an Is200 the reply was if you do you will be the only one using it because she will not be going in it,not after the experience with the loan car. So it looks like we keep the loarn car for a bit longer.I am now suffering withdrawl symptoms.

The ladies always know best. grovel grovel Mike

Sadly mine 97 LS400 failed on Monday. The reason for failure was the emissions and according to the tester a smell of 'rotting eggs'. They told me it needs new catalytic converters and they are expensive. I spoke to another garage who advised some cataclean additive so will try this and see if it makes a difference

Anybody any experience of this or how much cats are? Looks like about £100 each side on eBay plus new sensors too?

On the up side the only other reason was a blown number plate bulb!

I'm due next week, I wanna get it done befor I book with Profess, I expect an advisory of slight play in ball joint, I know, thats what I had last year & it makes no difference so I left it, hit a large kerb in Hyde park N Years Day 2012 avoiding a flaming squirrel, never mind, my dogs had couple since then, its pay back time.

Sadly mine 97 LS400 failed on Monday. The reason for failure was the emissions and according to the tester a smell of 'rotting eggs'. They told me it needs new catalytic converters and they are expensive. I spoke to another garage who advised some cataclean additive so will try this and see if it makes a difference

Anybody any experience of this or how much cats are? Looks like about £100 each side on eBay plus new sensors too?

On the up side the only other reason was a blown number plate bulb!

Is there not a cat cleaning service you can have these days????? Mike

Here we go must be worth having a go.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CATACLEAN-Catalytic-converter-EXHAUST-CLEANER/dp/B0055OQU3M

http://www.amazon.co...R/dp/B0055OQU3M

Im non to sure about those cleaning agents which have to go through the engine parts, valves etc, all cheaper cleaning agents have a high probability of having an an abrasive element & in the long term they might well cause some wear & tear on engine parts.

I wrote this cause I read a blog review by someone on those cleaners they put in petrol tanks to clean the carbon off the heads etc & he came up with all kinds of probs not least that they dont work anyway. His conclusion was that the high grade petrol fuels with their well researched & developed cleaning agents in are about the only ones that work & even then you need a full tank & quite a long run, preferably at speed limit.

Im just sceptical as to the quality of these things taking into account the potential for harm.

It would be really good if there was an authoritative piece on this somewhere. The cost potential of new cats is quite high and if there is a simple and effective and safe solution then we should know about it.

ECP Euro Car parts ( the name on the amazon link ) is a well known and respected supplier of all sorts ( I think ! )

Is there a way forward here somehow guys ?

Malc

http://www.amazon.co...R/dp/B0055OQU3M

Im non to sure about those cleaning agents which have to go through the engine parts, valves etc, all cheaper cleaning agents have a high probability of having an an abrasive element & in the long term they might well cause some wear & tear on engine parts.

I wrote this cause I read a blog review by someone on those cleaners they put in petrol tanks to clean the carbon off the heads etc & he came up with all kinds of probs not least that they dont work anyway. His conclusion was that the high grade petrol fuels with their well researched & developed cleaning agents in are about the only ones that work & even then you need a full tank & quite a long run, preferably at speed limit.

Im just sceptical as to the quality of these things taking into account the potential for harm.

The only reason I know about them was because it was on one of the Wheeler Dealer programs. But there was a piece of machinery involved I will have a look around the interweb later see if I can come up with it. Mike

Look on the sc430 forum Essex chelle had it done on her sc 430.

Its got to be worth checking out because if it cost £100 approx still alot cheaper than having to replace both of them. I meant to ask if either of them rattle? Mike

And another happy customer with a clean mot, next Lexus owner please

Hooray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats 3 this week. We will have to start speaking in code so as the great unwashed cannot ever get to know what we know. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links