Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ipod Connectivity To Rx400H

Hi,

I have seen a few previous questions about this but wondered what the latest recommendation is ? I am looking to buy a 2007 RX400h and want to connect my ipod to the factory fitted sat nav unit.

I want something that will give me full access and control of the ipod and enable me to use playlists, podcasts etc and display artist, album, song title etc.

What can you recommend ?

TIA

Steve

Grom or Dice- I have used both- and left the Grom in and the Dice just sits in the garage waiting for my brother to stick it in his Toyota!

Recently installed a GROM in my 2006 Rx400h, found it easy to install and simple to control, plus everything else works, steering wheel controls etc

got mine direct from carputer-shop.com who were very prompt with delivery

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Can you please advice me if this kit will work for Lexus Rx300-SE 2004Reg, 2nd Gen Sat Nav.(I think?)

Ill like to get some feedback on your experience with this kit

Thanks

these units will work but with limited controls due to the age of the Nav unit. Either you place the unit in 'manual' mode and operate everything via the iPod or you have to use playlists as CDs (the unit appears as a CD changer). You will get text for the current track playing but you cannot search, you just skip forward/backwards through the tracks. Information will be displayed on the audio LCD screen, nothing on Nav screen.

I have an Iphone 5 with and use I tunes match for my music collection.So far have not decided on which way to go re in car entertainment the iphone5 has the lightning connector used on new apple products but have other devices ie wifes phone and ipads with the older connection.So far have found a simple £10 solution from Tesco which is a Griffin cassette to sound device with headphone jack.Its not where I want to be but it works remarkably well cutting im and out with the nav system amd radio traffic alerts.

Sound quality not so great so would hope something like the vaistech would sound better even thiugh I dont have a Mark Levinson set up. Advice re nest way to go would be appreciated and for anyone looking for a cheap and imstant fix there you fo.

Look forward to views

ALL THE BEST

CHRIS

I really don't want to start taking bits of dashboard off to get to the back of the stereo etc (did that in my last car and broke a few bits :whistling: ).

So I've just got the cassette adaptor which works fine. I'm no great music expert but it sounds ok to me.

I've just ordered a cheap (£20) 8Gb MP3 player, which I'm going to load all my music on and leave connected to the cassette adaptor - job done... :shifty:

I wouldn't question one's thoughts, but it is not serious to buy a super quiet car with great stereo system (even the ones without ML are well above the average) and then play static and noise on it.

I have tried several different solutions (all installed personally) and I can confirm that the access to the rear side of the audio system is a piece of cake and can easily be done by everyone.

I wouldn't question one's thoughts, but it is not serious to buy a super quiet car with great stereo system (even the ones without ML are well above the average) and then play static and noise on it.

I have tried several different solutions (all installed personally) and I can confirm that the access to the rear side of the audio system is a piece of cake and can easily be done by everyone.

Weirdly, the quality through that cassette adaptor is very clear - there is no static or hiss that I can hear. You do have to turn the volume up pretty high but it's not distorted in any way. If it was, then, yes, I would look for another solution.

I've watched a couple of YouTube videos about how to get to the stereo and it doesn't look too difficult BUT the problem I have are the clips. I broke a few of those on my last car because they can be very firm and even if you have the right tool (which I don't), it's easy to use too much force, like I did. It's also easy to scratch panels in the process....(yup, I did that as well :eerrrmm: )

If you have done it numerous times and practiced on lots of cars, maybe you would find it easy but for the casual DIYer, it can be tricky.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links