Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cam Belt Slightly Overdue!

Just browsing Fleabay and came across this one, looks good initially with just 55K from new but read the answer to the question asked.

You then discover it has various faults including one I thought was an MOT fail and the seller must think the cambelt should be changed at 60,000 or > 16 YEARS whichever comes last!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121174129637#description

Easier to post this up.

Q: hi I live too far away to view, so have a few questions. How many owners has the car had? Any details of service history, before and since you bought it? any record of a cambelt change? what are the tyres like? any rust or corrosion of any kind? thanks Hugh 10-Sep-13 A: HI HUGH,I HAVE THE SERVICE BOOK,IT WAS SERVICED EVERY TIME BY LEXUS DEALER UNTILL 2007,WHEN I PURCHASED IT.MY NEPHEW HAD A GARAGE UNTILL RECENTLY,AND TOOK OVER.I AM THE SECOND OWNER FROM NEW.I KEPT ALL RECIEPTS FOR SERVICES,OIL,FILTERS,ETC BUT WERE SUBMITTED TO THE ACCOUNTANT,SO WOULD BE EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO FIND.THE CAM BELT HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED.TYRES GOOD,TWO BRAND NEW ONES ON THE FRONT,IN AUGUST,FOR MOT.NO RUST,CORROSION OR DINGS ANY WHERE.THE REV COUNTER DOESNT WORK,BRAKE PAD WARNING LIGHT IS ON,BUT IS A SENSER FAULT[AS EXPLAINED ON MOT]HONESTY IS MY WATCHWORD-SEE MY FEEDBACK!

So his nephew had a garage, so do I,I put my car in it at night.

The accountant has shredded all the receipts then sent them to HMRC.

Cambelt is apparently the original just waiting to break on the drive home with your new purchase.

Tyres were only changed as they failed the MOT.

Faulty tachometer.

Brake pad warning light on, it's a simple sensor but couldn't be bothered to sort it before selling the car, this is the one I thought was now an MOT failure?

Finally these are the faults he has admitted so taking only these into account we are looking at around £800.00 for immediate maintainance and repairs.

Wonder if he has relatives in Dudley :)

Lol it certainly sounds like the guy from Dudley

Joking completely here but just thought Messi, your profile is still wrong with your location and car model, I know it's Birmingham...not Dudley is it :) :) :)

remind me please....... what is cat D status ?

malc

o Category A:

Scrap only - this vehicle should have been

crushed. It should never reappear on the road and there are no

economically salvageable parts. It is of value only for scrap metal -

e.g. a totally burnt-out vehicle.

o Category B:

The

bodyshell should have been crushed. The vehicle should never reappear on

the road, but it can be broken for spare parts plus any residual scrap

metal.

o Category C:

Vehicle extensively damaged and

insurer has decided not to repair. May be repaired and put back on the

road. Has to pass an inspection to be re-registered as damaged repaired.

o Category D:

Vehicle damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. When fixed can be re-registered as damaged repaired.

o Category F:

Vehicle damaged by fire and insurer has decided not to repair. When fixed can be re-registered as damaged repaired.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links