Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Audio / Nav Frustration

What a pain!! Something I read here, turn off auto update of contacts/call history and the favourites stay. I e turned it off and the fave's have stayed. So far anyway, but then again they would sometimes stay for a week or so and then disappear.

Maybe worth checking if the update has reset that.

Good luck

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Yup, I was hoping to not have to do that after the update to E. It's back off now :( Looks like the only thing that's changed in this update is the blinkin' version number !!!!

I think my shiny new car must have known we were talking about this. My Favourites have gone this evening! They did last over a week though.

I'm not going to bother putting them back, you get full access to your contacts while driving, that will do me.

However by revision E of firmware even Bill Gates would have fixed this one by now if it was Microsoft :lookaround:

Re: Microsoft. Yes he may have fixed it but would have charged you for the "upgrade". Lol.

Pity to hear that the issues are still there. It would be good to actually get a list of the things fixed in each successive version.

It will also be interesting to hear from those owners with the basic Nav or no Nav and see if they have the same issues.

Mine goes in next Thursday for Version E------will let you know if the Phone & Nav niggles are resolved.

Tel

Mines been in for the various updates since delivery in October. Most problems for me are resolved, including stability and speed which were terrible to start with. But the Favourites is a pain still even on E.

They are lost whenever the phone syncs with the car following a change to an existing contact. If no contact changes are made, the favourites are rock solid, but as soon as I change someone's phone number or name etc, bang... Favourites gone on next sync. If, as per above post, you turn off the auto sync then you will have a stable favourites list (at least on E) but will become out of date with the phone book.

I've had a Samsung S3 and now S5 since owning the car, same with both,

Have reported to local Lexus dealer but not sure if it gets fed back to Lexus software development. Seems like such a simple bug to fix in a relatively expensive car. Shame it's taking so long to put right.

My contacts come direct from my work e-mail system so are well structured on the phone, so just no need to mess with favourites, it's as many mouse clicks to get the favs up as it is contacts in the car. Would rather have auto contacts syncing than a list of favourties.

I can only think it is not a bug they are aware of which is strange because you are right it should be a relatively simple bug to fix. That or they don't see it as important?

Hi, I have the F Sport Non Nav (Ireland) and the same problem exists. All is fine until I add or remove a contact, once something is changed I loose favs and also saved voice tags.

Mine is with the dealer today and I let him know the E version was available. He has investigated and says that version is for the CT not the IS. That does correlate with the portal which doesn't have a version newer than D, which it correctly tells me I already have. No idea what's going on here, is the CT software different to the IS? I thought the only different was whether you had the mouse rather than the twiddly knob, which was dependent not on model but spec.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

That would certainly explain why the "E" firmware didn't do anything for Bridgy then.

A few more bugs appearing in my "D" version now too. Phone drops for no reason after connecting OK and even after making calls and you get the phone symbol with the red cross through. It just will not connect again until you "reboot" the car for want of a better word. The phone is still connected via wifi though and downloads traffic ok, just the Bluetooth is off.

The wifi connection isn't brilliant though, drops and reconnects all the time, and so many times prompts "download cannot be done" but I guess this all depends on the phone signal at that exact moment.

Getting used to the Satnav but it and the Audio Systems seem ok, but the phone implementation is horribly buggy.

Let hope there is an IS "E" soon.

We'll my dealer was certain the E software they received was IS not CT software. I shall be most upset if they have put CT software in my IS!!! Would have thought it would fail to load if it was not for the right target.

I give up! My only issue seems to be the dropping favourites and E hasn't stopped that.

A pretty poor show for Lexus on this one. Technology is such a part of our lives these days you'd have thought they'd have done better.

Version E does exsist for the IS & Version F for the CT & each Model has unique Software. Mine will be upgraded tomorrow after confirming that E is available to my Dealer who has already downloaded it awaiting my appointment

E Version--------Significant improvement on my C Version Firmware.

Sat Nav-----------M, as I call her,speaks with clarity whereas before some words tended to be rolled together.

Re-calibration of a programmed Route deviation is resolved in one step.

Phone-------------Protocol much improved-----Press V. A. Button,Call Name,Dial Press on -hook button @ the end of the conversation & the Music& Navigation Screen continue.

Await F-Version!

Tel

Tel, that's good new, I think. Is E available only from a Lexus Centre? I presume it'll make it onto the portal at some time?

Cheers

Peter

I've not bothered getting mine updated so far. But I've been noting the overall sluggishness of the system as a whole compared to my old GS. Slow switching to the parking screen etc. I have reluctantly decided that the real problem Lexus have is that the processor that drives the screen, and presumably other parts of the system simply hasn't got the power to do its job properly and all the issues we see stem from this. Without changing out the hardware the issues will be impossible to solve...

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd update this thread with my experiences so far.

First off, my car, which was a factory order apparently, has arrived with VC3101D software version and SatNav Micro SD card with version 53240 ?!? The SatNav screen Map Data option shows it as date 2013-04-07. Can anyone else confirm the dates on this version and the 53241 version pls? I'll be onto the dealer about this, though there is a FAQ on the portal webpage saying there is no obligation for Toyota/Lexus to provide latest map guarantee to new car owners !!

My current issues are mostly related to the Voice Recognition, or lack there-of. It basically is bolloxed.

The Ipod/USB music intergation with Voice just doesn't work. Tried it using a 160GB Ipod Classic brand new and a 4th Gen Nano, have tried resetting it and the ipods, changing the amount of music etc and the option in the menu's remains stubbornly greyed out. With a USB stick containing approx 2GB/300 files, the Voice system displays and speaks a message about reinitialising and to try later......................it never changes until I pull out the USB stick. The music plays fine using normal buttons etc. If I try to ask the car to "Go Home", or "Call Wife", or "Go Back", or "Cancel" - basic commands - I get a hit rate of approx 1 in 10. The other 9 times it just does something else randomly and nothing like I have just said. Useless! I haven't even tried to say an address or dial a number. The only thing I can think of is the data/software is corrupted somehow.

Anyway, I'll be speaking to the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

Otherwise, most other things work, expect the pop-up Nav options in the dash display, which appear randomly on setting a route, but I can't figure out if there is a pattern to making them work or not, I suspect it is another bug. The autoZoom setting in the settings makes no difference to operation and the manual says pop-ups should only work if autozoom is off. It doesn't make any difference.

I get txt messages and call contacts/history etc over Bluetooth from my Galaxy S3 and the call quality is pretty good. The internet traffic/parking/google searches/streetview etc all work OK.

You can tell it is very much a work in progress. Some of the menu/interface design is different between screens inexplicably - USB2, the settings button is right of the corner next to the random button, but only on this screen! The Connected Services setting page iN the Setup/Nav menu, inexplicably has a Save button to save the changes, despite every other page not having this.

I can't believe with all the development they do in a new car, they can't get these basic and pretty simple issues resolved before release.

I'll keep updating if I get anywhere with Lexus Leicester - my local dealer.

Thanks for the update Steve, and it is amazing that with all the technology in the car they have managed to deliver such a bug ridden and anti intuitive infotainment system. The dealers do their best, I think, but they are not IT experts by any stretch of the imagination. Hope you get some answers and it improve for you.

Thanks for the update Steve, and it is amazing that with all the technology in the car they have managed to deliver such a bug ridden and anti intuitive infotainment system. The dealers do their best, I think, but they are not IT experts by any stretch of the imagination. Hope you get some answers and it improve for you.

They don't need to be IT experts, just know their own products. It is one of the things that really annoys me at car dealerships, the salesmen/women who don't know the features of the things they are selling. I went by Lexus Leics this afternoon, the saleswomen intially said she didn't know you can use voice to play music, until I showed her in the manual. Then she started asking if I had setup voice tags.............when I said that wasn't mentioned in the manual and i couldn't find an option anywhere in the system for it, she backed away saying the tech team would ring me in the morning. :rolleyes:

Surely sitting reading the manual inside out, playing with the cars features in the showroom is a better use of their free time than surfing the internet and reading the paper?!?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links