Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So How Fast Is Yours?

lexussport

In Standard form mine looks a little limp....

Glad it aint standard! :P

Can only vouch for the 0 - 60 time which puts it in good company with the 4.2 S- Type R Jag and the Maserati 3200GT... not bad company to be rubbing shoulders with B)

In Standard form mine looks a little limp....

Glad it aint standard! :P

Can only vouch for the 0 - 60 time which puts it in good company with the 4.2 S- Type R Jag and the Maserati 3200GT... not bad company to be rubbing shoulders with B)

hey not bad loz...

Hehe, on the combined list (cars & bikes) my ol' Fazer is 15th - almost ½ a second faster over the quarter mile than the top car, a McLaren F1 at 24th... yeah!

Mind you, I'll bet the bike timings were with a rider a lot skinnier than me, and in the wet, I'm slower than a 2CV !! :whistling: :winky:

My diesel beat the IS200 and GS300 :) :whistling:

Yeah, Son?

Bring it!!!

Actually I had a tussel without Not with 320cdi(?) the other day and it was like the bloody 330d all over again. the mid range punch on those coal burners is blumin' scary!

I'd have one with Nos though :P

Actually I had a tussel without Not with  320cdi(?) the other day and it was like the bloody 330d all over again. the mid range punch on those coal burners is blumin' scary!

I'd have one with Nos though :P

There's worse on the way. The new diesel engine they're gonna put in the 330d is even more powerful & has even more torque! :sick:

And the 1997 LS400 Auto is faster than the 2001 LS430 Auto...??

Now, a 1999 IS200 Sport is 0.2s quicker over the ¼mile than a 1998 GS300 Auto, even tho the GS has 65bhp more and gets to 60mph ½ a second faster, and to 100mph 2 seconds fater? How does that work? :duh:

UK Pulse, #7 in all category with only 120cv real ones (factory claimed 128cv) the Speed Tortelini from Noale :)

Guessing that they use a ratio of 17x42, when every Aprilia coming out from the shop needs a 16x42, as mine so the quarter should be faster, heheheheh this is speed.

@d'taleur

Vince

Oooh yes, if you're dropping a cog from the front, then your Mille is going to be much nearer the top of that list :) B)

I get teased by mates at work because they reckon both the Lexus IS300 and Fazer 1000 are both "old man's" machines. One mate who rides a 2000 Fireblade was gutted though, cos my "old man's" bike does the standing ¼ mile in exactly the same time as his 'blade! :whistling:

Acceleration is far more useable (and fun) than top speed! If I could trade 10mph off the top speed in the IS for a second less getting from 0-60, then I'd drop the top end down from 143 to 123 and have 0-60 is around 6s any day :P

UK, easy on that one, you just need to change the ratio, check if there's any national fazer cup and ask for what is the ratio they use for ... and that's it :)

Will ask to a guy at the track who's riding a Fazer 1000, will give you further infos about what to do.

You will surely loose miles at top speed but who cares, and the old's man machine will let the CBR on the back :lol:

The nice thing is that a blade for exmaple is full of poneys, but as we have an Pirelli add down there "Power is nothing without control" :P

Agreeing with you on acceleration term, top speed is so easy in a straight line, BUT the best is definitly curves, applying power at the middle of the curve, feeling that :tsktsk: botom kick, hummmmm

As I said to mat on the chat, time ago, most of the bikes are able to do the zero to 60 mph in 1, 2, 3 seconds

I was at York Dragstrip yesterday and my best time was 15.550. And the time before that I was only getting 16.8 but a few tweaks here and there helps get the time down. Has anybody else took there Lexus down the strip? And what times were they getting. Maybe we should have a meet at the next meeting at York.

If acceleration is your thing, then let me introduce you to.... the Triumph Rocket III

Triumph_Rocket_04.jpg

Why is this bike unusual?

- It features the largest ever purpose-built motorcycle engine, 2294cc

- It has a peak torque figure of 147 ft/lb, that's twice as much as an R1 !

- Peak torque comes it at just 2,500 rpm

- Acceleration equivalent to 1.2G, even a Suzuki GSX-R1000 struggles to better the 1G mark

- It'll be on sale in the UK from Spring 2004 (£14,000 to you & me)

Sorry if it's :offtopic: , just thought something that out-accelerates superbikes sounded fun :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links