Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

First Proper Clean And....

I have to say overall the car is in very good condition. I plan to have the leather seats (front) touched up so they are pristine. I did notice that both driver side wheels have had a pretty average referb done. They have lost the glossy look.

Anyone know how much lexus change to do proper referb?

Also, driver side caliper has lost a fair bit of the black paint. Can lexus referb calipers?

Stu

Lexus won't refurb your wheels. I mean they will, but they'll just give them to a refurb company to do for them and charge you even more.

I know Lexus Bristol use a company called pristine alloys. Cut out the middle man (Lexus) and go straight to the company.

Maybe? That's not a for certain either. If you're making a claim on the warranty against the alloys because they're corroding or bent etc....then yes I'm sure Lexus will give you a car and you'll have nothing to pay if the claim is upheld by Lexus UK.

If you just want them re furbed to look shinier then there's no guarantee they'll give you a car etc...and they'll charge an obscene price I'm sure.

They may even just offer to put a set of wheels on your car temporary while yours are being Refurbed. That's what Jaguar offered my dad when he wanted his done.

Cheers peter. Once wheels are referbed and callipers sorted it is basically mint. Seats are just me being picky :0) cleaned boot/door/bonnet recesses as well as inside petrol cap and engine bay plastics. Lol... took 3 and a half hours.

If you want to see/hear intake when it arrived and is installed. I'm not too far from you.

Stu

I believe some Lexus dealerships have some re furbished wheels
in stock, you drive in they change your tyres onto the re furbished wheel and
you drive out, a lot less hassle, although perhaps being a Isf this may not be
the case.

Spoke to my dealer. 140 per wheel for referb. I think that's pretty good for 19" wheels.

Taking the car down soon to have calipers and both passenger side wheels looked at for warranty claim. As stated above front calipers have flaking paint and passenger side wheels are flaking mid spoke not due to stone chips.

Hopefully ill just need to shell out for 2 wheel referbs. Also, courtesy car would be provided :0)

Nice result Stu! :)

Fingers crossed it's just the two wheels you need to pay for fella.

Which Lexus dealer are you using out of interest? Seems like they are being pretty good to you from what I've read.

Keep us posted on how you get on with the callipers. Will check mine more closely when I get it next week. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Hey dave,

Not far from me at all then! ;)

I'm sure you'll see or hear me at some point! Lol.

Hopefully the weather will cheer up at some stage! :(

Drive home was a bit dicey to say the least! Not so much the car (actually think it drives really well in the wet), just all the other idiots trying to race you or give the car a rectal exam with their bumpers!

Hopefully see you around fella. :)

i get a lot less grief from wanna be racers in the f than the elise which in a way i miss as frankly very little can live with either. as for the rain with our big fat tyres just make sure you've got a good amount of tread and be careful of standing water and the loud pedal. on the plus side i hope to find a big enough space to try a drift or two sometime soon. Wet and greasy roads have some advantages... As for meeting up, under the roof at Bluewater might be fun! #v8rumble

Sounds like a plan! :)

Maybe aim for a meet in January sometime? Hopefully it will be a bit drier by then! ;)

Do we want to keep this a Lexus only thing, or would you guys be up for joining the Supra forum guys? They meet the first Friday night of each month I seem to recall.

I'm sure they would appreciate some eye candy to drool over! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links