Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Bearing And Lexus Used Car Warranty

Dear all I need some advice pls. My Lexus 430 needs new front driver side wheel bearing and my Lexus garage put in a claim on my warranty(Lexus ) which was rejected due to wear and tear. Has anyone else had this issue? £450 is the quote I've been given

87k is not a lot for a lexus wheel bearing my last one had 192k on its original & this one 162k. thats 400s though but i would asume the same for a 430. I would argue that it is not the norm for them to go at such a low mileage.

Gentlemen thank you for for the replies it's given me an angle in terms of the mileage being low. If there's anyone who's dealt with the Lexus warranty claims and had success on something similar it would be great to hear from you. Again thanks for the replies

Hi Colin,small comfort to you,I know,but I'd be questioning Lexus,as to why a wheel-bearing is needing changed,on a prestige car like yours,in what is,a comparatively low-mileage car? Surely this can't be attributed to normal wear and tear? -you'd think they'd replace it for you free of charge,if nothing else,just to protect the Lexus reputation and Marque?

Interestingly enough Spoke to a service guy I know from another garage and he said that if its a mon serviceable item and its covered in the warranty then it should be covered as whenever they fail be it high or low mileages it's wear and tear. Thoughts!!!

The arguement for warranty fails at the first hurdle as the state of the countries roads as a big say in this scenario. If you talk to any garage they will tell you that 60/70% of there repairs are running gear related from broken springs to rim punctures. The quickest way to do a wheel bearing in is to hit a sharp edge on a pothole.Most of the manufacturers have tightened up now on the running gear warranty and advise the customers through there dealerships to sue the council for the damage repair.

• Like 1

Hub price is showing at around £185.00 so labour is £233.00!

43550-50031 (07/2003-02/2005)

Hub appears to be bolt on so as advised buy the OEM part from Lexus and take it to a good independant for fitting where the labour charge will probably be half what Lexus are charging.

Guys spoke to official Lexus warranty provider. Interestingly not only Lexus. But other marques like BMW vauxhall etc. anyway they've told me to get garage to resubmit claim for bearing. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

Update! Great news the warranty company have agreed to pay after some cajoling from my self and my dealer

Well done. Many congratulations!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links