Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Improve The Cup Holders

Okay, unless you bought a new IS this year, no doubt the front cup holders are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

So in 3 easy steps... here is how to improve them:

1. Remove the old holder and throw away.

cuph1.jpg

2. Go to your dealer, order PO# ASSY 55618-53040, approx cost 14 quid. (don't forget your GOLD discount)

3. Slide in... and voila... much better:

cuph2.jpg

Done! :D

Did I mention it has 3 settings... so it can be moved to accomodate either cans of Red Bull or Super Size Milkshakes! B)

Seriously it is a vast improvement... and even better than the rear cup holders..

Did I mention it has 3 settings... so it can be moved to accomodate either cans of Red Bull or Super Size Milkshakes! B)

Don't need cup holders for Red Bull - open the can, one swig and it's gone! :lol:

I dunno, you try and be nice by sharing a decent find and people start complaining :shifty: phah

:P :P

The combo nav/cupholder unit seems to have a yet another (different) type of cupholder...?

Lexus_Satnav_cupholder.jpg

I dunno, you try and be nice by sharing a decent find and people start complaining :shifty: phah

a mighty great find by the one and only fidgits

a very useful piece of information, and one that if i did allow drinks even to enter the interior of my car, i would find very practical and of immense use, alas as no beverages are allowed it it is of no use to me, but i will savour the information and maybe use it when my standards drop.

thank you Ian for your outstanding performance

cant we tell mrs mop has gone away look at the state of your car ian, you should be ashamed of yourself :winky:

Not at the same time obviously! :P That would just be silly!

.. seriously, I only do either occasionally, usually on a long run when i can't be bothered to stop..

Maybe you should consider this mod anyway Bazza... cos it looks a lot better too :winky:

I open the lid and sit my MP3 player on top of mine - just fits nice. :blink: Must get a proper dash mount for it sometime though then I'll have space for my Caramel Macchiato. :sick: :zee:

• 3 months later...
lucky for some :unsure:

i've got a W reg 2000 and it's only got holders at the back of the centre console for the rear seat passenger's :angry:

next to the handbrake i've got a removable remote for the nav and a open slot about 1'' x 4'' :crybaby:

You should still have the cup holders though, I have :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links