Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mercedes Got A Good Spanking !

Firstly I DO NOT condone street racing however I just couldn't help myself.

Come up to the lights and there is a black 10plate Mercedes C350d next to me, Pull away from the lights and he gives it a bit of right foot so i just kept up with him but didn't think too much about it.

Next set of lights I could hear him revving it up and thought well lets give it a go.

Lights change to green and off we went.

To be fair it did give me a run for my money however it is still not as quick as my car. As soon as I realised that he wasn't going to catch me I just slowed down and let him catch me up.

Needless to say he went past me like I was going backwards then pulled onto the motorway and shot off so quickly it wasn't worth me catching up to gloat !!!!

£800 car vs £15000 car

1 - nil

Generally I like to let them beat me, knowing that they have a false sense of how good their car is.

LS is really meant for chilling rather 99.9% of the time. Though I do love it when I have Merc or BMW on my tail and then I floor it to see them drop behind and try and work out how that happened.

I've done it TWICE with Mercs,..................... and all as already ( much earlier ) confessed to on here m'lud !

Is it just Mercedes drivers that we have to show who's boss !!! :whistling:

Malc

Me too, I've 'seen off' a few challengers including a 'jaaag', a merc, an audi and a Bmtroubleyou. I love it when they finally twig they can't beat my old Lexy. Naughty I know, but at the time I just couldn't resist the challenge. Obviously, an AMG Merc or M series Bmtroubleyou would 'see off' an LS, but those cars are on another performance level. Saying that, on the Club Lexus forum there is a photo of an LS 400 speedo indicating at 278 km an hour (@5,800 rpm) taken on the German autobahn. That's 172 mph in real money!. Reading that post, I don't think it's fake and bear in mind that all speedo's read slightly fast. Still very impressive though. Also, the car is alleged to have done 445,000 kms. (278,000 miles). Amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am finding the same with the mk3,first few months of using it as a regular driver.

Makes me laugh when driving onto motorways etc and bleeding into the traffic,check mirrors and floor it leaving all in the old girls wake :-) as shes already rolling and the speedo needle does tend too get a wriggle on ;-)

Considering they are built for luxury they don't hang around on a straight road but push them into a corner at speed and it's bit scary. But they are built to waft along and they do it brilliantly.

Considering they are built for luxury they don't hang around on a straight road but push them into a corner at speed and it's bit scary. But they are built to waft along and they do it brilliantly.

+1

Tomorrow morning I'm off for my Grand Tour thru' France and around Spain ( and back I guess :whistling: ) probably driving @4000 miles over a month or so. I'll let you all know how this dear old Mk 3 gets on ........ I'm not expecting other than the usual perfection of course, just like Sept 2012 when we did 2888 miles in 15 days touring to Scotland and around.

Not sure how many Mercs I'll " see off " .......... probably none eh !

Maybe won't get the opportunity to post on this site, but who knows.

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links