Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf On Ebay Cat D Looks Dodgy

so long as its not registered as stolen and registered as CAT D then there is nothing dodgy about the ad as the seller has stated it as cat D repaired. the picture of another Lexus in the background could be one the seller took when he was picking up the car from the dealers.

This is VERY dodgy if you ask me!

As Dave mentioned the interior shot shows the later model steering wheel with the sport button and blue section at the bottom.

Trouble is it states it's a 2008 model?!?!

If that's the case, must have been quite some accident to need a different steering wheel!!! :(

I'd avoid it big time!

• Like 1

I stand partially corrected having spent a bit longer looking at the advert in more detail.

The photos at the top are for illustration purposes only (see the footer on the ad), the main pictures of the actual car are towards the bottom of the ad.

These show the correct controls/steering wheel for a 2008 model.

I would have expected some detail of the damage that resulted in it being classed as a CAT D though?? Couldn't see any description or details of the repairs etc?

There is nothing wrong with a CAT D as long as it's been repaired to the right standard. I'd have liked photos of the damage, details of who/where it was repaired (was it a Lexus approved repair centre for example), and details of the servicing etc.

Could be a cheap car for someone who plans to hold on to it, but the lack of detail relating to the damage would worry me. :(

Buying an ISF without warranty is probably not a good idea. Parts are quite expensive and it's not a common car so breakers won't be of much use!

Never the less It will be interesting to see how much it sells for.

PS: It's on autotrader too.

Hmm.. Fishy....

Has someone even tried to contact them about what damage the car has? They dont need to state what damage it has on the advert. No one does on Autotrader either. Itd make more sense to actually ask the seller!

Hi Pete , yeh I just noticed the pics below of an earlier model inside but why use a later model pic too. Like stu says no damage info either , I've emailed him to ask for damage pics or report at 10 am this morning ,still waiting for a reply ,I wouldn't like to see anyone buy a bad car that's all lads .

I still think it's dodgy .extras include bbs wheels ha ,

Thanks Steve for the link .

The same car is on autotrader for £14,250. That ad has pictures of the inside of the car that is being sold. It looks mainly ok, it's missing two exhaust tips, the front towing hook cover panel and rear badges (except for the 'F'). I'm with you guys though, I would want to know the damage history. I would have thought the price would be more like £12k given it has 80k miles and cat D.

I can tell by using some basic IT skills that the AD on Autotrader was posted yesterday. The eBay auction started on 06/04/2014.

Could suggest that the car has already been sold...

It was just a thought. The seller is open to offers as stated on the eBay listing so it is possible that the car has been sold but the seller hasn't ended the auction yet.

I don't think there is anything unusual about using eBay and auto trader at the same time . Pretty sure I would do the same . Maybe he's simply not getting much serious interest via eBay . If he does attract a buyer via auto trader he would then stop the auction running.

I don't think there is anything unusual about using ebay and auto trader at the same time . Pretty sure I would do the same . Maybe he's simply not getting much serious interest via ebay . If he does attract a buyer via auto trader he would then stop the auction running.

But why would you put it on one site at a fixed price and bidding on another .

He still hasn't replied to me anyway , dodgy *****

I don't think there is anything unusual about using ebay and auto trader at the same time . Pretty sure I would do the same . Maybe he's simply not getting much serious interest via ebay . If he does attract a buyer via auto trader he would then stop the auction running.

But why would you put it on one site at a fixed price and bidding on another .

He still hasn't replied to me anyway , dodgy *****

to see what method produces the best result for the seller. If bids go high enough for his liking and highest bidder on eBay comes up with the cash then he has a sale . If bids don't go anywhere near what he's looking for he pulls the auction or if he leaves it running to the end he then simply refuses to sell - Which I would agree is the actions of a dodgy trader. Meanwhile other potential buyers see the ad on auto trader and if they come up with cash offer that he likes then he stops the auction. I am not defending him at all, just don't think there is anything wrong in principle about trying to attract as many potential buyers as possible. He is maybe not going about it the right way with a crap advert and by open bidding on eBay but clearly anyone buying a car like that should get it checked out properly before parting with cash so I doubt he will profit from his methods. Like a few posters have said you would expect him to be a bit more upfront about the damage and if he doesn't respond to enquiries like yours then any sensible buyer would stay well away.

Its pretty close to where I live from the pictures. About 1 mile away.

Go round and have a look lol.he won't reply to me .if I was selling a car I would reply to every email sent .

Same. Thing is, I know roughly where the car was parked. Dont know if that was just where they took the photos though because its more of a commercial area. Just noticed that the wheels look absolutely tattered.

Its pretty close to where I live from the pictures. About 1 mile away.

Go round and have a look lol.he won't reply to me .if I was selling a car I would reply to every email sent .

Same. Thing is, I know roughly where the car was parked. Dont know if that was just where they took the photos though because its more of a commercial area. Just noticed that the wheels look absolutely tattered.

I'll put money on its a wreck that car .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links