Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What's It Worth? Gs 300 Sport V 1999?

Hi,

I am selling my pride & joy. It's a GS300 Sport 1999V with 68k. I've just found out that I'm loosing my job, so my pride & joy must go..... :angry:

I bought it from Lexus Teeside in June for £17k. I've put it in Autotrader & Top marques this week for £13,995. Do you think this is about right? It still has 9 months warranty, 10 months MOT and 6 months tax. 1 previous owner with FLSH.

I would really appreciate any indications on price. Have I put it in too low/high?

Here it is on eBay!

My car for sale on Ebay :-(

P.S The car is also on eBay for same price.

Thanks in advance Guys.

i-1_B.JPG

ahhhhhhhh :wub:

does it have the black leather too :wub:

I know what you are thinking Fidgits!!

Hands off!! its mine!!!

oh... I could get seriously excited about that in a 430!! looks devine. sure you'll have no probs selling it. I mean, Look at it!!!

IS there no way you can keep it? It just looks so damn good.

So sorry to hear fo your plight. there is a lot of it about. I reckon there wll be many new companies sprouting up from people thinking a bit more entreprenurially ( made that word up) GOod luck with your next adventure.

Loz

It has Andorra leather, no Sat Nav. Never needed it. I did once have a 99 - 300SE with Sat Nav. It drove me round the bend having to go though all those menu options just to change climate/audio. Still, nice toy though !!! :D :D :D

I am open to offers on it.... Lets see how it goes on day 1 of sale tomorrow. ;)

Thanks again.....

Mike,

Sorry to hear about this. I sold my BMW on eBay, got the price I wanted + millions of emails and phone calls.

If you don't mind me saying your eBay ad is not doing justice to the car at all.

Assuming it is in great condition inside and out you need to take good quality piccies of the inside as well.

Here is the link to my BMW ad so you can see how to present it right.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=2426061455

Nearly 1200 people looked at my ad so there was genuine interest.

I can do some simple HTML code for you make the ad stand out more as well if you want.

PS. It's about time I helped out someone else on here as I'm always asking for help !

Regards,

Gary

Email me on gary_culpan.yahoo.co.uk if you any more help.

Thanks for that Gary.

I'm not v.happy with eBay pic's or auto trader pic.

They both don't do the car any justice. You're right. I need to take 5-6 photos inside & out.

It was a pretty :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: day when I had the photos taken so they all came out pretty dark.

Also, it has gone in the autotrader even the photo they have taken is naff !!! Think I might upgrade to a king spot in next weeks and drop the price to £13.5k ono (as it's in at £13,995 no offers at the mo!).

Thanks for Gary and Colin for the advice.

Here's hoping. You never know..... I may get phone calls this weekend. :D

Thanks again Guys.

Ricky,

Great guy who lives in Cheadle Hulme (near Stockport, Cheshire).

He did it for £850 - came complete with 2 year stitch guarantee.

I can give you his telephone number if you want (not got it to hand until I get home).

Only problem is he needs the car at least 5 days.

One thing to be sure of though is to get an exact match.

I was a bit quick with choosing and the shade didn't quite match.

Only me who really noticed it but everyone else thought it was superb.

Gary

PS. Someone on here should defo buy the Sport off djmike.

You'll know it's been looked after and I think it's good value.

Great guy who lives in Cheadle Hulme (near Stockport, Cheshire).

He did it for £850 - came complete with 2 year stitch guarantee.

I can give you his telephone number if you want (not got it to hand until I get home).

Gary,

Do you think it would be worth asking this chap if he would offer GOLD discount to our members?

Zee

Hi Guys,

A couple of calls on the car already :D but all long distance :angry: (mind you, I'm sure people will travel for a car like this!?)

As for LOC-G discount, I will knock £1000 for gold members. This will be £12999 for a Mk2 GS300 SE Sport 1999V. I paid £17,000 for it on June 1st. Someone is going to get a bargain !!!

If there is any interest please let me know before Sun as I may be paying re-advertising fees to get some descent photo's taken of my pride & joy !

Good luck & thanks Guys :winky: (OOopps, & Girls ! (apparently there are Lexi owners out there !) ;)

Take your own photos and send them to the Auto Trader. YOu can E mail them nowadays. I would complain about the quality too and ask fo they can discount the price of readvertising. they normally do a 2 weeks for the price of 2 offer...

If E bay has had no bites. put the starting price at £4,500 and the reserve at £13200. Will get more hits. you could always put it in at no reserve and then pull it if its not getting the right price, Because, ahem... you sold it elsewhere... :shifty::whistling:

Food for thought.

I love your car mate! Can't you keep it and re mortgage the house or something? Its always gonna hurt selling a car this way cos you don't want to and you wont get whats its worth cos of your rush. You'd loose less money taking out a secured loan against it as a cash raising measure.... :huh:

look at moneyextra.com

If E bay has had no bites. put the starting price at £4,500 and the reserve at £13200. Will get more hits. you could always put it in at no reserve and then pull it if its not getting the right price, Because, ahem... you sold it elsewhere... :shifty::whistling:

Food for thought.

I also heard this is a good way to sell a car quickly on eBay. Mark it as no reserve and it will get lots of interest and if it doesn't hit your minimum price pull it near the end (because you sold it elsewhere of course...).

Thanks for the info on the leather Gary. That was a little more than I'd hoped.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links