Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clean looking car but surely not worth £4480? Getting hold of a tidy Mk3 for about £1500 and then spending another £1500 on a refurb would be a better path to take.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-400-4-0-Auto-ONE-OWNER-DRIVER-FROM-NEW-VERY-LOW-MILEAGE-/291155707147?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

No way is that worth £4480. I had a 99 mk4 with 39000 miles that I sold for £3000, my mates got a mk3 with 48000 miles on it that he bought for £1500

Be interesting to see how long it takes to sell.

It does appear to be in near showroom condition, but not a price I would pay

Agree with the other comments, better off going for a tidy Mk4 for less than £2K and then deciding where to spend another £2K if you need to.

Also noticed not floor mats, so still going to need to spend some cash even when you've splashed out a fair old wad.

Clean looking car but surely not worth £4480? Getting hold of a tidy Mk3 for about £1500 and then spending another £1500 on a refurb would be a better path to take.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS-400-4-0-Auto-ONE-OWNER-DRIVER-FROM-NEW-VERY-LOW-MILEAGE-/291155707147?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Way over the top for a MK3 even a MK4 with 60K on the clock. No mention of Cam Belt being renewed. Mike

Not as nice as MK3 maroon coloured one,I sold to fred81 recently. Still nice, maybe price will come down to realistic figure,when not sold after a while.William

Obviously, in this case, the seller is trying it on, but it also shows a thing or two about how desirable these cars are becoming and this seller knows it, hence the asking price. I would be willing to pay over the odds for a low mileage example like this, but not by THAT much! It will be interesting to see just how much it does eventually go for.

If its a really nice original car [which its difficult to tell from the 'photos on eBay] I think its probably worth it. I've restored and refurbished many cars over the years and in my experience its very difficult to turn an average car into a nice one - I've learnt from bitter [i.e. expensive] experience its far better to buy the best you can than spend money on a less good one. Just my view for what its worth.

• Like 1

If its a really nice original car [which its difficult to tell from the 'photos on eBay] I think its probably worth it. I've restored and refurbished many cars over the years and in my experience its very difficult to turn an average car into a nice one - I've learnt from bitter [i.e. expensive] experience its far better to buy the best you can than spend money on a less good one. Just my view for what its worth. [/quo

I agree, much better to get a good car and keep it right, however I believe , as in the case of car I sold, it's possible to get a good orinigal car at a fair price, the car I sold was original, newer,and at half the price.

Of this one, for this money, it would be possible. To buy a good higher mileage 430. William

8 years ago I paid £3750.00 for my 1994 with 38,000 miles,this car is higher mileage albeit it 2 years younger but still not worth the asking price.

Any one remember the series I LS400,the black one that was taken in by Lexus and completely refurbished for a showroom promotion, now that was immaculate!

I'll try and find the post :)

December 2007 ( 6.5 yrs ago now ) I paid £3750 for my Mk2 94 Ls400 with 8542 miles !!!! ... and it had a cambelt change in 2004 at 3102 miles :whistling:

That's the one that some sod vandalised and insurers wrote off !!!

Yes, this one really is a step tooooooo far on dopey pricing I feel.

Malc

There is something unique and original about the Mk1 that is missing on the later models. I remember looking for a good Mk1 a couple of years ago and went to see a car that Old Baz was selling which on the surface looked fine but sadly was dying of rust in below,a common fault of the early MK1's I believe.

February 2013 - I paid £1550 for my LS with around 66k miles on the clock. Yes, she does need some work doing although it was my intention to buy a reasonably sound car and renovate. Think that price is Way OTT, also seen a MK3 on autotrader in black with low miles for around £4595....

Steve - love the MK1 restoration, even before the job it looked good!

Interesting discussion this one. Personally, if someone is prepared to pay that price then I have no problem with that. It looks a very nice car and, to be honest, £4 - £4.5k for, in my opinion, the best car in the world is a bargain!

Yes, you can pick up a newer model for around the same or a cheaper price but I don’t see that being a problem. I personally prefer the look of the MK III over the others and that would be the one I would go for – if I were after another LS!

As it happens, I have been in a similar position. I recently bought an Audi S8 that was way, way over book, even after I negotiated a good chunk of change off the list price! Needless to say, the car got many a tongue wagging ‘elsewhere’ – before and after I bought the car! I could have bought a newer model (actually, a much newer model!) but I prefer the look of ‘my’ S8. I know I was paying over the odds but it was the colour, spec, mileage, etc, etc I wanted. I had also missed my opportunity a year before when it was up for sale previously so, after much thought, I bought it! I have no plans to sell it so I am not worried about resale or anything like that.

So, bottom line, if this LS is the car someone wants and they know they may well be paying over the odds for it then good luck to everyone. Actually, if it didn’t have the black leather I might have been interested myself (assuming I could duck from the flying objects coming my way from Mrs run132 if I suggested it to her!).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This car is at one of the garages I go to so I have seen it in the metal and to be honest it really is a nice one

HOWEVER

It's only nice to look at, once you look underneath it it is a bit crusty as its been parked by the sea

He also ONLY wants £3950 for it now I think !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links