Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thankyou Lexusgb Can't Wait.

bigsul

I am presently waiting for a call from Lexus Nottingham, to tell me that my car is ready. It is in having a sport grille and front and rear bumper skirts fitted. These are being supplied and fitted f.o.c. courtesy of the very good people at Lexus GB.

I have a had a bit of a torrid time since I bought my IS300 last year, so I wrote a letter of complaint. The upshot is I am getting all this Gratis, so definately a bit of faith restored in the company. :D

I just can't wait to see it now.

nice one..........how did you pull that one off?

I emailed three top guys at Lexus GB, and attached a letter detailing my problems, which include a lot of warranty work, pointless trips to dealers, unnecessary mileage and wasted petrol. With the odd headlight run around thrown in. I explained that after a lot of thought and substantial cash outlay, I should really be receiving a better Lexus experience. They agreed and after a couple of discussions we settled on the body work mods. I was offered either a years extra warranty or a 3 year servicing plan, but I asked about the grill and skirts and they said yes, okay if that is what I would rather have. :winky: BEEZER!!

I can email a copy of the letter if your interested, or post it maybe ?

When I get my car back I might have something interesting to tell you about soft paint, stone chips and resprays. ;)

Watch this space.

Nice one Bigsul :whistling:

Shame they didn't do similar with me, they promiced ( in writing ) me a goodwill gesture when problems were sorted and then when I asked ( yes I had to ask ) ..... they rescinded on it. So sorry but I have nothing good to say about them.

I'm really glad for you that it's worked out and you are now a happy bunny........however, I think everyone is missing the point a bit here ?!

No wonder why Lexus where voted one of the best..........................

Urmmm......the reason that it has been taken that far is because of the dealer being a pain in the backside (that's the understanding I get from reading your post).

As I say, I think people are missing the point - none of this would be necessary, and you wouldn't have wasted all your time if the dealer would have been good in the first place. No un-necessary trips. No e-mails. No letters to directors. Just plain and simple good service to start with. To be honest, I'd rather have that in the first place !!!

I know what you mean, it's better to enjoy good service from the start, than have poor service and freebies to make up for it.

Service is a very subjective thing, but I'd say that it's not only about giving good service, it's about how you rectify bad service as and when things go wrong as they inevitably will do from time to time, after all we're all human.

The Lexus dealership in Brighton has been great, they really have gone the extra mile to try and make my life easier, and on the one occassion there was a slip up, they acknowledged it, apologised and got me sorted. (I went to collect my car & it wasn't ready in time. So, they sent me out in an SC430 for a couple of hours until it was ready. Seeing as it was a sunny day & I had time to spare....).

Compared to the horror stories I've heard, & have experienced myself at the hands of other dealers, I'd still put Lexus head & shoulders above the rest.

A mate bought a Mondeo ST220 in April this year. It's been off the road for six weeks with various problems, and he's been caused no end of inconvenience. The most Ford will offer him is 10% of his next service, which amounts to a £9 discount!! Also, my other half is buying an A4 Cabrio - have had plenty of grief from the Audi dealer already, and she hasn't even got the car yet! :crying:

Don't mean to make light of anyone's problems with Lexus, as I know it's a right pain in the a*se, but isn't it fair to give them credit if they get it wrong and then make amends?

Just re-read my post. Realised it sounded a bit harsh and straight to the point, but I do re-iterate my sentiments.

I had many problems with my dealer since buying my car, and only after 2 snotty letters did they come good and sort everything. Ok, I'm almost happy now everythings (nearly) sorted, but the fact it took me to get snotty with them is kinda dis-heartening !!

What I've noticed is that....

• most dealers are VERY good
  • many dealers are ok
  • some dealers are TERRIBLE

All the very good ones are what give Lexus their good name, however, the terrible ones are the ones that dont get spoken about and I seem to end up with - or yourself BigSul !!! Sod's law, hey !!

Having said all that.......I'm still well chuffed with my car. Does exactly what it says on the tin :) :)

Sorry, been away for the weekend.

The amount of hassle I have had was a little unexpected, however I certainly do not think it is the norm. There are a lot of issues that Lexus should address with the IS200/ 300, but I think they are getting there, slowly. The treatment when you go to a dealer is fantastic in general. Some dealerships are better than others, but the overall treatment is the same. They really should standardise pricing though, a few pounds different maybe, it is ridiculous at the moment.

I love my car just as much now as the day I bought it though, even with all the problems. The hassle does sting a bit, but the gesture from Lexus is quite generous and does help to ease the pain.

Of course I do wish that it had all never happened, but seeing as it has I am glad that I chose to buy a Lexus. I honestly do not feel that many manufacturers would have offered me a goodwill gesture like this one.

It could be worse.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links